g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

UK General Election - 12th December 2019 | Con 365, Lab 203, LD 11, SNP 48, Other 23 - Tory Majority of 80

How do you intend to vote in the 2019 General Election if eligible?

• Brexit Party

Votes: 30 4.3%
  • Conservatives

Votes: 73 10.6%
  • DUP

Votes: 5 0.7%
  • Green

Votes: 23 3.3%
  • Labour

Votes: 355 51.4%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 58 8.4%
  • Plaid Cymru

Votes: 3 0.4%
  • Sinn Fein

Votes: 9 1.3%
  • SNP

Votes: 19 2.8%
  • UKIP

Votes: 6 0.9%
  • Independent

Votes: 1 0.1%
  • Other (BNP, Change UK, UUP and anyone else that I have forgotten)

Votes: 10 1.4%
  • Not voting

Votes: 57 8.3%
  • Undecided

Votes: 41 5.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Gf just voted up north and now we’re driving south so I can vote.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Voted Labour. Still have reservations about racism within the party and I think the EHRC will be damning, but when I looked at my nephew and niece this morning I wanted to vote for a party which will provide a better society for them in which to live. So feck the Tories.

Boycott

Was pissing down with rain up until twenty minutes ago. I won't get to vote until after 7PM anyway but hope the turnout is bigger than 2017 on the youth side. The oldies dominate the postal votes.

decorativeed

Voted Labour. Still have reservations about racism within the party and I think the EHRC will be damning, but when I looked at my nephew and niece this morning I wanted to vote for a party which will provide a better society for them in which to live. So feck the Tories.
:)

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Bit wet and windy here so I might end up just giving it a miss this year

We're not just talking about you though, are we? In case you haven't noticed, there's a whole country out there of c70million other people.
I was called out as being arrogant - so answered to my situation.

Furthermore, this applies to many people across a variety of industries. It’s not about downing tools for months at a time. But lots of people will work 3-5 day weeks at the end of a tax year so that they don’t do over the threshold, those hours don’t get replaced.

nowhere near 70m people work in this country.

EwanI Ted

Was interesting asking around the office who was voting.

One person who voted Green last time would be voting Labour.
One person who didn't vote last time is voting Labour.
One person who voted Labour isn't going to vote at all this time.
One person who usually voted Tory is voting for an independent (for local reasons).
One first time voter going Labour.
Two undecided, they voted Labour last time.
Everyone agreed it was very depressing and no-one particularly liked the party they were voting for.

So no-one here certain to vote for the party they voted for just two years ago and no enthusiasm for any party. And yet more of them might end up voting Labour than two years ago. Just reinforces how odd this election feels.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Good man

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Voted this morning now on the train to Cambridge to stay with friends. Might be the only SNP voter there, but we are all in this together. Suicide pact at 10pm.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Well done mate, there is definitely an element of holding your nose in voting for Labour for a number of reasons. But I fear for the country in the next few years after a Johnson win. We will see riots as the inequality gap widens.

Smores

A lot of gammony folk at my polling station. This is a safe seat too.

This seat had a higher UKIP vote than Labour with Miliband so it's hard not to think disdainful thoughts. Depressing

Smores

I was called out as being arrogant - so answered to my situation.

Furthermore, this applies to many people across a variety of industries. It’s not about downing tools for months at a time. But lots of people will work 3-5 day weeks at the end of a tax year so that they don’t do over the threshold, those hours don’t get replaced.

nowhere near 70m people work in this country.
Wait why the hell would you work less so you don't go over the threshold?

It's taking a huge paycut so you don't have to pay a tiny bit more.

Kaos

I had to hold my nose as a Corbyn supporter and vote for the Lib Dems in my constituency, so if it makes you feel better you can consider our votes swapped.

Smores

Where is that?
Wickford and Rayleigh so Marc "during the war" Francois.

I have no hope for this seat. Went to vote with my 10 month old too and whilst I'm sometimes rude on here i do try to be tolerable but it's hard when they're impacting your kids future. I don't expect the Tories to do anything significant on climate change so that alone angers me.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Momentum / Labour seem to be getting the vote out:

SteveTheRed

Wickford and Rayleigh so Marc "during the war" Francois.

I have no hope for this seat. Went to vote with my 10 month old too and whilst I'm sometimes rude on here i do try to be tolerable but it's hard when they're impacting your kids future. I don't expect the Tories to do anything significant on climate change so that alone angers me.
Just next door to me, Southend West - 55% of the vote was Tory in 2017. This is a safe seat for them unfortunately.

Wait why the hell would you work less so you don't go over the threshold?

It's taking a huge paycut so you don't have to pay a tiny bit more.
At a certain point your marginal tax rate is 60%, so working more than that means those days you take home less that 40% of a days pay. I have other things I can do which are a more beneficial use of my time.

QuackQuack

Handy with candles and exhausts
I voted Labour this morning. I live in a constituency where the Tories had 1.4% overall majority so my vote was important.

I work hard, I have a roof over my head. My bills are paid and I lead a fortunate life in comparison to others. Many aren't so lucky due to shit circumstances and I think we need to protect the most vulnerable in society.

Fingeredmouse

I voted Labour this morning. I live in a constituency where the Tories had 1.4% overall majority so my vote was important.

I work hard, I have a roof over my head. My bills are paid and I lead a fortunate life in comparison to others. Many aren't so lucky due to shit circumstances and I think we need to protect the most vulnerable in society.
Hear, hear.

RedMist99

Amen brother

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima

Same here, good stuff.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout

Hey Quacks, good to see you. All the best to you and mini quacks, have a great Christmas!

I went out in the heavy rain and voted Labour, pretty safe Tory seat over here though.

Badunk

Shares his caf joinday with Dante
Voted Labour in Southport. We have a very good chance to unseat the Tory MP in a constituency which has traditionally flipped between the Libdems and the Tories. Labour came 2nd last time, jumping from 19% of the vote in 2015 to almost 33% in 2017. Southport is the Miami of the Northwest. People come here to die. If Labour wins in this epicentre of gammon, they will win the election.

#VoteLabourToday

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Voted Labour in Southport. We have a very good chance to unseat the Tory MP in a constituency which has traditionally flipped between the Libdems and the Tories. Labour came 2nd last time, jumping from 19% of the vote in 2015 to almost 33% in 2017. Southport is the Miami of the Northwest. People come here to die. If Labour wins in this epicentre of gammon, they will win the election.

#VoteLabourToday
Damien Moore is the MP for Southport, he used to be my manager. He was useless.

Status
Not open for further replies.