UK General Election - 12th December 2019 | Con 365, Lab 203, LD 11, SNP 48, Other 23 - Tory Majority of 80

How do you intend to vote in the 2019 General Election if eligible?

• Brexit Party

Votes: 30 4.3%
  • Conservatives

Votes: 73 10.6%
  • DUP

Votes: 5 0.7%
  • Green

Votes: 23 3.3%
  • Labour

Votes: 355 51.4%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 58 8.4%
  • Plaid Cymru

Votes: 3 0.4%
  • Sinn Fein

Votes: 9 1.3%
  • SNP

Votes: 19 2.8%
  • UKIP

Votes: 6 0.9%
  • Independent

Votes: 1 0.1%
  • Other (BNP, Change UK, UUP and anyone else that I have forgotten)

Votes: 10 1.4%
  • Not voting

Votes: 57 8.3%
  • Undecided

Votes: 41 5.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
The sad thing is I will be voting Labour, but it'll do no good.

And afterwards it will be the same old excuses as to why they failed again. The blame will be on everyone else rather than those running it and their hardcore supporters, as always, lap it up. I'm baffled as to why more aren't questioning their actual desire to be the party in charge. Obviously I'm about to be told how wrong I am, but I just don't think they truly want it and haven't for years.
Last time they lost and made it look like they’d won. Apparently Labour now just aspire to not lose horribly.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
If there is a hung parliament, and no party or coalition is able to get a majority, do we crash out with No Deal?
We don't have a majority government at the moment and we're not crashing out on 31st Oct.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
will it isn't that interesting as many of us have been saying this for months. But I agree, that's the only way Tories lose.

I'd vote for such a Government, as it would mean a 2nd referendum plus Lib Dems could reign in Corbyn when he has his commie urges.

DOTA

will it isn't that interesting as many of us have been saying this for months. But I agree, that's the only way Tories lose.

I'd vote for such a Government, as it would mean a 2nd referendum plus Lib Dems could reign in Corbyn when he has his commie urges.
I don't think so. Labour can win.

Kag

The party that will likely win has spent nine years trebling child poverty, homelessness and national debt.

The party that will likely win has decimated public services through cuts to the police, armed forces, fire services, education, health services and the (relatively small) welfare sector.

The party that will likely win has endorsed the rise of Islamophobia and hate crime, given credence by the ascent of a racist and misogynist to role of Prime Minister.

The party that will likely win has deported people that have lived in the country for decades.

The party that will likely win has contributed to the deaths of some of the most vulnerable people in our society, under the guise of austerity.

What a fecking country.

OohAahMartial

We don't have a majority government at the moment and we're not crashing out on 31st Oct.
I mean, if the Election doesn't lead to a Govt. forming, then doesn't it lead to another election by default? Which wouldn't be done in time for the end of Jan, and no Govt. in place to be able to request an extension, leading to Article 50 being default outcome at end of Jan.

Untied

Great. Another election where I have no one I really believe in to vote for, and a weak Labour party who continue to fail us against this shower of shite in charge.

I am going to turn up and vote but have absolutely no drive to.
How many votes has Johnson lost?

DOTA

I mean, if the Election doesn't lead to a Govt. forming, then doesn't it lead to another election by default? Which wouldn't be done in time for the end of Jan, and no Govt. in place to be able to request an extension, leading to Article 50 being default outcome at end of Jan.
Then a minority government would form and ask for an extension, as without a Tory majority the house would inevitably have a majority against no deal.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
He lost the last one and didn't leave so...
he had the biggest labour vote share increase in 60 years and ended what looked like an invincible tory majority. the 2017 election is the sole reason brexit hasn't happened so far.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Last time they lost and made it look like they’d won. Apparently Labour now just aspire to not lose horribly.
boris johnson has lost the majority of his votes since becoming PM. May couldn't get her deal thourgh for parliament for months.
you know that you are being disisngenuous with the "they lost" framing, you know exactly why that election was called, what labour's prospects looked like, what happened in 2015, etc. but it is convenient to ignore context for a one-liner.

Sweet Square

boris johnson has lost the majority of his votes since becoming PM. May couldn't get her deal thourgh for parliament for months.
you know that you are being disisngenuous with the "they lost" framing, you know exactly why that election was called, what labour's prospects looked like, what happened in 2015, etc. but it is convenient to ignore context for a one-liner.
On come on thats unfair. Its not just for the one liners but to ease the pain for when he ''unavoidably'' votes Lib Dem.

Sweet Square

That trailer is like United celebrating getting 1-1 draw against Liverpool. Yes, we stopped the champions of Europe beating us but we didn't win anything.
Shhhh..... your not suppose to say that bit out loud.

But really it isn't because of this

politics and football are not the same.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
Two things can be true of 2017: Labour had an amazing campaign and did far better than most people imagined possible; they were beaten by the worst campaign in living history. That speaks pretty well to the pros and cons of the Corbyn leadership as an electoral prospect. Probably even tougher to predict the outcome for this one, though.

lsd

The Oracle
The only good thing about this is once Labour lose Corbyn will finally get the boot .

Really is a disgrace that with him as leader Labour have been so pathetic they have been unable to take power during the biggest shitshow ever known by a Tory Goverment

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Yeah let's not forget that the reason for the 2017 election was purely because May smelled blood and was certain she could increase her majority as Corbyn was so heavily disliked. And then she lost seats :lol:

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
It shows how little political talent there is out the when Boris may get a majority

Rams

aspiring to be like Ryan Giggs
The Tories will win by a landslide simply because the majority of the population is ignorant, chauvinist and as thick as pig shit. The only ray of hope is that BoJo is a bumbling idiot and has a few good skeletons to hide in the cupboard.
On the other hand, when Labour gets slaughtered in the polls at least they’ll get rid of that useless antisemitic weirdo Corbyn. Every cloud has its silver lining and all that.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Can't see there being a pact between Labour and the Lib Dems.
If I had to bet all my worldly possessions on one party the Lib Dem’s form a coalition with after this election, it would be the Tories every time and I absolutely believe that they would help Boris get his deal over the line too if it meant them sharing some power. They’ll talk meekly about doing everything they could to avoid no deal and that’s always been their mission.

Absolute tumescent group of politicians.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
Can't see there being a pact between Labour and the Lib Dems.

I'll put one up tomorrow when there's a better idea of the parties taking part.
Can't see libs or dup working with labour... Unless Corbyn wasn't leader
Also I tend to agree that the other parties will have around 100 seats... But I can see labour falling to around 200

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
The Tories will win by a landslide simply because the majority of the population is ignorant, chauvinist and as thick as pig shit. The only ray of hope is that BoJo is a bumbling idiot and has a few good skeletons to hide in the cupboard.
On the other hand, when Labour gets slaughtered in the polls at least they’ll get rid of that useless antisemitic weirdo Corbyn. Every cloud has its silver lining and all that.
Yeah, without the youth vote this is really only going one way (in England, fortunately up here we choose our leaders based on fish so we're doing ok)

Who is there to take his place I wonder? Whoever it is will be some Momentum nominee, which worries me.

TheReligion

Abusive
It's a nightmare but the country can't vote in a Tory Government again can it?

There's more to life than brexit.

Status
Not open for further replies.