Unacceptable or Weird Chants

Discussion in 'Manchester United Forum' started by MyOnlySolskjaer, Aug 4, 2019.

1. Aug 13, 2019

fergie_god New Member

It's actually pretty appalling how so many of you can't seem to understand why the Park chant is offensive. Yeah some people in the country do eat dogs but it's a small minority. Not to mention that it's meant as an insult in the chant itself. "Could be worse, could be Scouse" is so demeaning of a person you are trying to cheer on. It's like hey we have this super negative stereotype of you but at least you're not a Scouser! Haha were making fun of Liverpool so who cares if we just racially mocked our own player!
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2019
  2. Aug 13, 2019

Tiber Full Member

Jebus. If that Maguire chant is supposed to be controversial then not only has PC gone mad, it jumped off a bridge and drowned
  3. Aug 13, 2019

Will Singh Full Member

That's offended me.
  4. Aug 13, 2019

Will Singh Full Member

I think the things you've mentioned yes I agree with you that we know better now and saying things like "that's gay" is offensive but if I order a black coffee and get corrected by a teen saying "you mean coffee without milk" I'm sorry but that shits crazy.
  5. Aug 13, 2019

Will Singh Full Member

Ipswich Town Vs Norwich, local Derby I went for the atmosphere as I was studying there, the Norwich keepers daughter had cancer and not sure if she had died or what but the town fans were chanting shit that the guy broke down in tears and was subbed after 25 mins. I left at half time as it made me nearly throw up as I hadn't witnessed that shit ever.
  6. Aug 13, 2019

The Boy Full Member

Supports:
    Brighton and Hove Albion
    Has this ever actually happened?
  7. Aug 13, 2019

Will Singh Full Member

I witnessed it in a McDonald's and that really pissed me off.
  8. Aug 13, 2019

Hubal New Member

Someone on Twitter replaced Sanchez with Slab Head though, hope it stays like that. Also you can't really ditch Fred as it rhymes to well, he may stay at the club just for the sake of this chant, I personally like it (until it's repeated for 15 minutes) :nervous:
  9. Aug 13, 2019

The Boy Full Member

Supports:
    Brighton and Hove Albion
    Utterly bizarre and ridiculous.

Reminds of the when the Daily Mail reported that children had been stopped from singing "Ba ba black sheep" as it was offensive, when investigated by other papers it turned out to be completely made up,but you'd be amazed how many people believed it readily and still quote it as "PC gone mad"

Even worse was Winterval

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2011/nov/08/winterval-modern-myth-christmas

I understand how negative phrases using the word black can be seen as offensive and whether I think it they're over the top or not is irrelevant really as its down to how they are perceived. I'm thinking of phrases like blacksheep of the family, black hearted etc

But no one is going to get upset about the colour of your drink and those that do are actually doing a disservice to others fighting everyday racism by inviting ridicule.
  10. Aug 13, 2019

Will Singh Full Member

I’m not even going to go there with nursery rhymes, just watch this video as my niece was singing this last year and I thought everyone was having me on but I’ll let you decide.
  11. Aug 13, 2019

Son New Member

Maybe we should stick to signing players like Neymar. I hear he has a small one despite been an even bigger prick...
  12. Aug 13, 2019

Pierluigi Casiraghi New Member

Didnt much like the Lukaku one, more because it's was kind of weird singing about his dick than anything. The Park one is class, I've met quite a few Koreans and they all liked it. Most people outside of the West are far less precious about such things.

Now, the one about Kagawa's grandad bombing Pearl Harbor is a little bit nearer the knuckle...

Oh, also the one's about Wenger being a paedophile are over the line, glad they clamped down on those.
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2019
  13. Aug 13, 2019

DatIrishFella Band of Brothers, Thief

Liverpool have a weird one about giggsy.

"Ryan Giggs is illegitimate he aint got no birth certificate".
  14. Aug 13, 2019

SiRed Full Member

Jesus christ - Get out
  15. Aug 13, 2019

StrettyEnder07 Full Member

Are you actually serious? Jesus I know its 2019 and everyone gets offended by ABSOLUTELY ANYTHING these days but get a grip, its a bloody football chant, why was the Lukaku one weird? What about the Scouse one about them doing stuff to their Gran?

Much more bothered about Munich type chants than tongue and cheek ones.

Why are threads like this even entertained, go back to watching Love Island
  16. Aug 13, 2019

SiRed Full Member

How is that homophobic?

I agree, Torres did have facial traits of both genders..... and i am not homophobic?

To quick to label things!
  17. Aug 13, 2019

WireMUFC New Member

Exactly! It’s hilarious how people can be offended on behalf of a footballer on 200k a week because some fans said he had a big head :lol: Think it’s mainly foreign fans who really don’t understand football culture, we should start singing “I believe that we will win” like the Americans!

Sure Harry gets home and has a cry and wipes the tears from his face with £50 pound notes. People should be more sensitive to millionaire footballers head shapes! :lol:
  18. Aug 13, 2019

ZupZup Full Member

"He's half a girl, he's half a boy, Torres, Torres. He looks just like a transvestite, Torres, Torres. He wears a frock, he loves the c*ck, He sells his a*se on Albert Dock, Fer-nan-do Torres, Carraghers bit on the side..."

That doesn't sound a bit homophobic/transphobic to you, no? I guess we'd agree to disagree.
  19. Aug 13, 2019

MyOnlySolskjaer Creator of Player Performance threads

Don’t know why I find chanting about someone’s dick weird. What on earth is wrong with me.
  20. Aug 13, 2019

So this bloke has started a thread because we sing about him having a big head, yet fails to mention:

Hanging Daglish by his neck from a tree
    Smashing Grans in baths
    Ken Barlow doing blance in the bath
    Kagawa granddad bombing pearl harbour
    Smashing a scousers face in with a brick
    Kicking a blue
    All the Heysel/Hillsborough/Leeds fans being stabbed songs

Can go on and on but he thinks it's fine to start a threat about Maguire, melt!
  21. Aug 13, 2019

Not sure why the Stretford End want to sing about a bouncer jizzing on some guys wife but have sang it on numerous occasions at Anfield about Gerrard's wife.

Go buy yourself a fecking sense of humour ffs
  22. Aug 13, 2019

Yeah because it’s weird.

The ones below you mentioned are more to the unacceptable category.

Thanks for participating to the thread.
  23. Aug 13, 2019

So how do you feel about a scouser doing his gran in the bath, that seems very odd to me but hey guess what, 75k have sang it for years.

Get a thread started quick, maybe we can have it fecking sanctioned before we play them in October!
  24. Aug 13, 2019

Always happy to call out an absolute fraud who talks utter shit, so you're very welcome!
  25. Aug 13, 2019

Yeah I’m going to say it’s a bit weird, chief.

Not the chant but the action of Rooney shagging a granny.
  26. Aug 13, 2019

ArjenIsM3 Full Member

Those are all pretty bad tbh
  27. Aug 13, 2019

Tell you what, when I'm in the Tollgate a week on Saturday and everyone is singing it, I will put a halt to it for you and let them know your thoughts, pretty sure 99% of them will have the same opinion as me lad
  28. Aug 13, 2019

As are about 98% of football chants across the country. Only ones I refuse to sing are anything to do with any disasters feck that.

Give it 5 years, you won't be allowed to stand, won't be allowed to sing, game is gonna be thrilling
  29. Aug 13, 2019

Fat granny shagger is actually a politically correct chant about Rooney’s actions. I’m glad this thread has been a great influence on you. For Lukaku’s penis, I’m not sure but happy for you to share your intel.

Tell you what I will even join you singing it next game at Old Trafford.
  30. Aug 13, 2019

Jezpeza Full Member

I seem remember us singing ‘always look out for turks, carrying knives’ to the tune of bright side of life, against Leeds?
  31. Aug 13, 2019

Yeah probably is, have no issues in the slightest with whatever fans sing it, good banter.

Don't believe that for a second, no doubt you will be sat with your flask of coffee saying feck all moaning at anyone trying to create an atmosphere, nothing surer.

If you're at the Palace game, would love it if you were near me, you will know its me, will be the one starting of the Maguire chant
  32. Aug 13, 2019

WireMUFC New Member

If you’re offended or find any of the chants “weird” (whatever that means) please do not attend a game in England, you may pass out within 2 minutes, it may be all a bit too much for you! Maybe best watching it in Starbucks on your iPhone with a nice warm Latte!
  33. Aug 13, 2019

Haha THIS, Ashes is on, go watch that instead
  34. Aug 13, 2019

Lookatu New Member

Surely in this day and age we should all just clap when something good happens, boo when we don't like something and only swear when we are alone working on our cars.
    The Park chant was funny, I think it made use of a stereotype but as an Irish man I don't cry everytime someone does a crap accent or says begora. I also don't get offended if people presume I like a drink or potatoes.
    I think middle class white people getting offended for Park Ji Sung and a reference to a food that people actually eat in his homeland are another sign that the PC brigade have nothing better to do.
    Same cnuts that wrote to RTE and suggested taking the John and Mary scenes out of father Ted or asked the episode with the Chinese in it to be removed.
    Same cretins that stop me on the street and ask me to pay their wage as a lazy pleb that gets people to sign up for a charity.
    Utterly Useless snowflake generation who love nothing more than getting offended on someone else's behalf.
  35. Aug 13, 2019

RedFish Full Member

He bowls to the left
    He bowls to the righttt
    That Mitchell Johnson
    His bowling is Shite.
  36. Aug 13, 2019

Dead Wood Woodward New Member

Aside from hearing thousands of people singing about the size of your dick obviously being weird for most people, there's also the fact that there's a history of stereotypes and racist caricatures about the size of black men's penises, in addition to the portrayal of them as hypersexual, which obviously does lead to resentment from certain quarters.

Now of course you could put your head in the sand and pretend there's another reason that has nothing to do with his race that was the genesis for Lukaku having a "24 inch penis" (literally a racist caricature), but that argument would be disingenuous at best.

Imagine if someone unfurled a banner that had a drawing of Lukaku with a to-scale 24 inch penis, would the obvious racial connection be any more clear then?
  37. Aug 13, 2019

RedFish Full Member

See now I'm worried I offended you too.

Only joking , fecktard!
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2019
  38. Aug 13, 2019

@MyOnlySolskjaer thoughts?
  39. Aug 13, 2019

WireMUFC New Member

:lol:
  40. Aug 13, 2019

SiRed Full Member

Oh yeh - i forgot the lyrics. Cheers. I suppose that could be offensive to some. But its not showing a dislike towards homosexual people, which define homophobic!