Unai Emery - Ex-Arsenal Manager

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Doing very well. Especially given his defence is shite.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Imagine Mourinho having to constantly play Rob Holding?

Chairman Steve

The solace to take from this as a Utd fan, is all it takes is a fresh approach from an attacking manager to get looking so much better as a team.

There’s a reason why Moyes and LVG currently aren’t in a job at the moment. They are outdated dinosaurs and no one will have them. Is that not a damning fact?

paulscholes18

Imagine how good they could be if they can preform as well in the first half as they do in the 2nd, haven’t been ahead in any PL game at half time this season. Fully expect that to change Wednesday

Bergman

Supports
Liverpool
Tactically only Pep is better imo. Pochetino never responded as he should have at 2 all and they paid for it.

Ban

All our rivals hire managers who instantly make a positive impact. But there are still people on here who tell us that hiring a new manager will change absolutely nothing.
Do other clubs function the same way?
Maybe it will change, probably it will, but not too much as long as Ed is calling the shots. I bet he'll fluff the next managerial appointment too.

Varun

Staff
Someone tell him he needs to sign world class players in every position and then require 2 seasons or so before any change can happen.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
92nd minute, breaking with 3 attackers to Spurs 2 defenders. Granted Spurs are a man down, but you get the point. In a game you're already winning where realistically you thrashed your opponent and they got some luck to stay in it for a bit, and at 92 mins you have 3 players breaking against 2 to try and get another
The game being a NLD has lot to do with it though. Every players went overboard on every challenge, they really wanted it today. If the game is 20mn longer i'm sure we would have gotten 1 or 2 red cards. Bellerin was going mental at every little scuffle.

Canagel

Really must not be understated how good a a job he's done. Arsenal was a team in total disarray just 8 months ago getting beaten by majority of small teams . And he's only added what two players. Imagine when he gets another 8 players..

redshaw

They've been electric for a long time this season. The fans have responded well to what the players are doing, it's like a millstone has been lifted.

I remember posting last season when they got Auba with Lacazette how they on paper look a strong outfit now and perhaps could've even challenged for top 4. Emery has unleashed what I thought should/could happen in the second half of last season.

Ekeke

The game being a NLD has lot to do with it though. Every players went overboard on every challenge, they really wanted it today. If the game is 20mn longer i'm sure we would have gotten 1 or 2 red cards. Bellerin was going mental at every little scuffle.
True. But if you saw us against City where we gave up for the last half an hour I think you can still see a big difference

red4ever 79

What a job this guy has done in what 6 months, with more or less the same players Wenger had. Arsenal play a good brand of football and are never satisfied with what they have always bombing on for more.

Cloud7

Someone tell him he needs to sign world class players in every position and then require 2 seasons or so before any change can happen.
Absolutely needs Alderwereild to play decent football as well.

So the idea that you have to spend and still struggle after losing a long term successful manager has been debunked?
Wenger did nothing in the last 10 years. It's totally different. When Emery joined nobody expected great things, but he has done a good job so far. When Moyes joined the expectation was huge and he promptly set about undoing everything good that he had been left.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Wenger did nothing in the last 10 years. It's totally different. When Emery joined nobody expected great things, but he has done a good job so far. When Moyes joined the expectation was huge and he promptly set about undoing everything good that he had been left.
We've made it seem like the whole club was paralyzed after Sir Alex left. Apparently that's not necessary and proper professionals can pick things up and move on.

We've made it seem like the whole club was paralyzed after Sir Alex left. Apparently that's not necessary and proper professionals can pick things up and move on.
Well that's because of who we hired. We know Moyes cleared out all the backroom experience immediately and now the dust has settled plenty have said he also set about pushing most of the experienced players out too.

ArseHat

Think the point is Emery is imprinting his DNA on a club that was led by one figure for more than twenty years in less than half a season. Wouldn’t be surprised if Arsenal used United as an example of what not to do when transitioning post-Wenger by hiring the likes of Raul Sanllehi and Sven Mislintat to take a lot of the burden off the manager, effectively making Emery a head coach. Also kept the likes of Steve Bould to connect with the Arsenal identity. Hiring someone not named Moyes probably helped a bit too.

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
My favorite league match of the 2010s. Emotional roller coaster as I was on tilt at the half (thanks @green_smiley :lol:)

But the ending was better than I could have hoped for. Very impressed with Emery who is doing better than I expected. I feel we have the better manager compared to Spurs again finally as I hadn't seen that verve in a Wenger side since 2009.

The other top teams are just showing how embarrassingly incompetent United have been since SAF retired and I dont see this awful cycle coming to a conclusion anytime soon.
Incompetent !

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
23 second half goals so far this season. Emery has made the team a group of fighters.

acnumber9

Let me guess. This Unai Emery thread is about Jose Mourinho isn’t it?

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
Tactically only Pep is better imo. Pochetino never responded as he should have at 2 all and they paid for it.
Surprised to hear this from a Liverpool fan. Did his EL win over Klopp influence this opinion?

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
Let me guess. This Unai Emery thread is about Jose Mourinho isn’t it?
Not particularly, bar the obvious comments about JM not getting as much out of his players.

I think a fair point to raise regarding JM and Emery is that he's got our team coming out with steam coming out of their ears after half time. Something I felt JM was always able to get his team to do, you just knew that they were always in the game even when they were down.

acnumber9

Not particularly, bar the obvious comments about JM not getting as much out of his players.

I think a fair point to raise regarding JM and Emery is that he's got our team coming out with steam coming out of their ears after half time. Something I felt JM was always able to get his team to do, you just knew that they were always in the game even when they were down.
I just don’t see why every thread needs to be the same conversation. Or should I say a series of copy and paste, shit sarcasm.

Ban

I just don’t see why every thread needs to be the same conversation. Or should I say a series of copy and paste, shit sarcasm.
Best part is when we sack Jose we will have about 6 months of post sack conversations in multiple threads, comparisons and so on.

fellaini's barber

Examples all over the place, but the Jose fans will find ways to defend him. Arsenal look completely different
'They have a better board, poor Jose has to work with Woody who does nothing but spend record amounts on players'

Bergman

Supports
Liverpool
Surprised to hear this from a Liverpool fan. Did his EL win over Klopp influence this opinion?
Not particularly. He's always been brilliant tactically . apart from that bottlejob at the new camp. It's no coincidence you improve as the game goes on. It's his in proactive game management. Whereas Klopp rarely ever affects the game if it's not going our way. He makes effective changes whilst Klopp will stand and watch the game get away from us or just throw on men in hope.

JMack1234

So far he's my manager of the season.

He's come into a club that had the same manager for 22 years and had moulded the club in his image and they already look totally transformed. They've got fight. They look coached. All of this has been done with a transfer spend of £71 million which is £11 million shy of what we spent.

If they turn up on Wednesday they will absolutely batter us.

el3mel

Didn't Wenger beat Spurs at Emirates last season 2-0 too anyway ?

deafepl

Didn't Wenger beat Spurs at Emirates last season 2-0 too anyway ?
Yeah, the overreaction is ridiculous, Top side always will perform so well and win the game at home, the home side fixture gives an advantage. Spurs will be favourites at home no doubt, it would be far more impressive if Arsenal wins there at Spur's stadium. For all talks Arsenal bigging themselves and reckon they're closing gaps to City them.

el3mel

Yeah, the overreaction is ridiculous, Top side always will perform so well and win the game at home, the home side fixture gives an advantage. Spurs will be favourites at home no doubt, it would be far more impressive if Arsenal wins there at Spur's stadium. For all talks Arsenal bigging themselves and reckon they're closing gaps to City them.
I don't know. The amount of talking here I feel like I haven't been watching Arsenal's Wenger the previous years. They were ultimately shite the last season but they're doing what they used to do under Wenger the seasons before last one. Otherwise Wenger wouldn't have kept his job for that long.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
He's surprisingly young tbh. He's 47. I genuinely thought he passed the 50 mark already.

Can23

Supports
Liverpool
Couple more transfer windows and he'll have them competing for the title. One of the most tactically astute managers in the league