Gaming Uncharted 4

penalty snot

Absolutely adored the second game. This will be great.

As a side note, anyone play a game called Alan Wake? I was playing it the same time as I was this and it was superb, highly recommend to anyone that likes uncharted.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
So apparently only one guy did the whole trailer!

Edit: Found this on Reddit:

On the cage at the very end it says "for we receive the due reward of our deeds." which is from Luke 23:41

The verse is said by a thief who was hung on a cross next to Jesus. Thus A Thief's End. I'm getting a serious Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark vibe.

there were masonic references in the initial teaser momento mori that can be found in that trailer is also present on james leeson's[3] grave stone we can assume that (in the game) this is somehow linked to James Misson who was leader of Libertatia, an old anarchist pirate colony off the shore of Madagascar, also knows as pirate utopia whos motto was "for god and liberty" which appears in the teaser.

you can also see the phrase "every betrayed us all" which can be linked to Henry Every a pirate captain from the 17th century.

also the narrator who said you left me buried in the dirt we assume is Robert Dury who was trapped in Madagascar for 15 years

a lot of people don't know all this information but we actually know quite a bit about the game already. its almost certain that the game will be set in Madacascar or around the coast of africa from the info we have and it seems the whole pirate theme will bring together all the sources i've mentioned (which are from slightly different eras) and put them together as one big story. there is also a religious and masonic undertone to the game

Last edited:

PlayerOne

Also, there's a theory by a few people that he's going to save Elena. From the Uncharted website:

Several years after his last adventure, retired fortune hunter, Nathan Drake, is forced back into the world of thieves. With the stakes much more personal, Drake embarks on a globe-trotting journey in pursuit of a historical conspiracy behind a fabled pirate treasure. His greatest adventure will test his physical limits, his resolve, and ultimately what he’s willing to sacrifice to save the ones he loves.

Hal9000

He always has to save Elena :lol:

How ever, it could be true, although the dynamic between Drake, Elena and Sully are one of the most important things in the games. So i doubt she will be kept out of it that much.

Shark

@NotShark
I was an Xbox man last generation, but switched to the PS4 this one. Do you guys reckon I could jump straight into this one, or will I need to play the others?

PlayerOne

So does everyone think this will be the last in the series?
Last one for a couple of years but Sony won't let it die, it's too big. There's a been a rumour of a movie coming, so I would imagine there will be a game to go with it. I think it's the end of Sully though. Some are saying that Elena is pregnant, so you could play with Drake's son and Drake will take Sully's place I guess.

I was an Xbox man last generation, but switched to the PS4 this one. Do you guys reckon I could jump straight into this one, or will I need to play the others?
No, you could jump straight in, but I highly recommend playing the first 3, there are amazing if you get the chance. They'll come to Playstation Now when that service launches.

Shark

@NotShark
Last one for a couple of years but Sony won't let it die, it's too big. There's a been a rumour of a movie coming, so I would imagine there will be a game to go with it. I think it's the end of Sully though. Some are saying that Elena is pregnant, so you could play with Drake's son and Drake will take Sully's place I guess.

No, you could jump straight in, but I highly recommend playing the first 3, there are amazing if you get the chance. They'll come to Playstation Now when that service launches.
Really? brilliant stuff, I'll definitely be playing them so.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
He always has to save Elena :lol:

How ever, it could be true, although the dynamic between Drake, Elena and Sully are one of the most important things in the games. So i doubt she will be kept out of it that much.
Indeed. I imagine Drake will die at the end as well.

But the storyline needed to be something different, the central focus to each storyline has always been about going after a specific treasure. So if the storyline this time is to save Elena and by doing that means you have to hunt for a treasure to exchange with bad guys. Then fair enough.

PlayerOne

Indeed. I imagine Drake will die at the end as well.

But the storyline needed to be something different, the central focus to each storyline has always been about going after a specific treasure. So if the storyline this time is to save Elena and by doing that means you have to hunt for a treasure to exchange with bad guys. Then fair enough.
I highly doubt they'll kill Drake, he's too important to the Playstation brand.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
I highly doubt they'll kill Drake, he's too important to the Playstation brand.
I think they will. They can always do Drake the young years if they want to go back to the Uncharted series. But killing Drake (who is much older in this game, look's 40's?). would be the right choice from a story telling perspective.

JinnerJamie

Small ginger
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/06/11/e3-2014-uncharted-4-a-thiefs-end-is-about-pirate-treasure

Following the announcement of Uncharted 4: A Thief's End, Naughty Dog has shared the first story details for Nathan Drake's next (and potentially last) adventure. Check it out:

"Several years after his last adventure, retired fortune hunter, Nathan Drake, is forced back into the world of thieves. With the stakes much more personal, Drake embarks on a globe-trotting journey in pursuit of a historical conspiracy behind a fabled pirate treasure. His greatest adventure will test his physical limits, his resolve, and ultimately what he’s willing to sacrifice to save the ones he loves."

Hal9000

I am actually surprised Naughty Dog did a 4th Uncharted. They usually do something new each generation, and usually only do 3 games a series.

I could see them killing Drake off.

I'm guessing Uncharted 4 will probably be the test bed for Naught Dogs new tech + the PS4 in the safety of an already accomplished franchise.

Trigg

aka Trippin_Stoned
They have another game in early development "in the scale and size of Uncharted". Uncharted for PS4 makes sense, Drake was the face of PS3. I also don't think they'll kill him off.

I was hoping for something within the Last of Us world but I think it might be a completely new IP now.

Hal9000

They have another game in early development "in the scale and size of Uncharted". Uncharted for PS4 makes sense, Drake was the face of PS3. I also don't think they'll kill him off.

I was hoping for something within the Last of Us world but I think it might be a completely new IP now.
Personally i hope The Last Of Us is a standalone game. I'm no writer, but i don't see how they would do a sequel in that universe.

Leg-End

I think they will go back to The Last of Us at some point in the PS4's lifetime but more than likely towards the end of it, that's too good of a game to not have another bite of it.

Uncharted 4 then a New IP then another Last of Us. That would cover them till what, 2018?

PlayerOne

That's petty much the only thing that we've heard about their new IP, although there was a rumour that it might something space related, although they kinda denied that.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
I think they will. They can always do Drake the young years if they want to go back to the Uncharted series. But killing Drake (who is much older in this game, look's 40's?). would be the right choice from a story telling perspective.
I disagree on killing Drake. Uncharted games have always been a kind of Hollywood blockbuster type of game. Everything gets wrapped up nicely in the end with the characters making jokes, more or less. I hope Naughty Dog stick with that story mechanic.

A lot of TV shows and games these days rely on some grey ending that involves a death, and it works brilliantly sometimes, but Uncharted doesn't strike me as one of those games.

With Uncharted, I want balls to the wall action and fun gameplay for about 12 hours and then give me a "good guys win" ending.

Trigg

aka Trippin_Stoned
Personally i hope The Last Of Us is a standalone game. I'm no writer, but i don't see how they would do a sequel in that universe.
Doesn't have to be a sequel, from the beginning to the bit you play there's a whole 20 years missing. There's scope to play a younger Joel for example, or even just go with a completely different character. I think the Last of Us was just too good and too much of a success for them to not do anything related to that game.

penalty snot

Shark - That are all very good, but if you had to pick one to really understand the epicness of the game it would be uncharted 2. It's like a movie and you just get sucked into it.

Also as you're new to PS, be sure to check out The Last of Us

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Shark - That are all very good, but if you had to pick one to really understand the epicness of the game it would be uncharted 2. It's like a movie and you just get sucked into it.

@Shark

Agreed with all of this post. Uncharted 2 is one of my favourite games ever and I've been gaming for 20 years. It's in my top 10. Last of Us is another superb game which is again, in my Top 10. You are in for a treat! Lucky fella.

Hal9000

No surprise, been the case with all the Uncharted teasers hasn't it?

penalty snot

@Shark

Agreed with all of this post. Uncharted 2 is one of my favourite games ever and I've been gaming for 20 years. It's in my top 10. Last of Us is another superb game which is again, in my Top 10. You are in for a treat! Lucky fella.
That's so true that he's in for a treat. Because once you play those games you can never get that feeling of awe and excitement back from when you experience it the first time.

Shark

@NotShark

@Shark

Thanks guys. I'll start at Uncharted 2 then when it hits Playstation Now. :)

The Last Of Us looks absolutely smashing too, the PS3 really did enjoy the best later years to the 360. I'm looking forward to catching up a bit.

Last edited:

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
Thanks guys. I'll start at Uncharted 2 then when it hits Playstation Now. :)

The Last Of Us looks absolutely smashing too, the PS3 really did enjoy the best later years to the 360. I'm looking forward to catching up a bit.
I'd recommend starting with Uncharted 1, the guys above are right and 2 is the best of all, but it's still pretty nice to do them in the right order, cos you get to know the characters a bit more. Also, once you've done 2 and 3 you'll need a fix and you'll go back to 1 which may disappoint you slightly in comparison to the two others, even though it's a great game in its own right. Do it first and you'll be hooked once you hit Uncharted 2!

Vidic_In_Moscow

rectum-faced pygmy
Supports
i stink
Remember when Uncharted 1 came out? To me I'd never even heard of it until I saw this unknown demo available on the PS Store. Makes me think maybe I should try more unknown games.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Remember when Uncharted 1 came out? To me I'd never even heard of it until I saw this unknown demo available on the PS Store. Makes me think maybe I should try more unknown games.
I got it free with my PS3, which I had bought for MGS4. I took one look at the tacky front cover and stuck it on a shelf for 6 months. It was only after being bored one day and noticing the Naughty Dog logo that I ended up playing it.

Never judge a game by its cover.

PlayerOne

Speaking to IGN, Nolan North explained that as far as he's aware this is the last title that Naughty Dog want to do in the series, and admitted he hopes no one else tries to continue the story without the studio.

"It’s bittersweet but at a certain point you want to go out on top," North told me. "If this is the last one indeed, and I believe it’s the last one - nothing’s confirmed, but I believe it’s the last one Naughty Dog wants to do, in which case I hope somebody else doesn’t pick up the mantle because they’ve done it so well for so long - but yeah, it’s one of those things where you just have to cross that bridge when you get to it.

"I like the idea of going out on top so we better do a hell of a job with this one… and it’s already looking pretty good."

Click the gifs for enlarge them.