Gaming Uncharted 4

shaggy

Prefers blue over red, loathed by Spurs fans
No doubt graphics will be amazing, hopefully they'll have the gameplay to match it. UC3 was a let-down.

penalty snot

No doubt graphics will be amazing, hopefully they'll have the gameplay to match it. UC3 was a let-down.
Why did you think it was a let down?

Also what do you guys think they will try to master this time? They spent a lot of time trying to get fire and sand movements right in UC3.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
I thought UC3 was great, just not as great as UC2. It had huge boots to fill which may have done it disservice. Some of the scenes were brilliant though, the plane one notably :drool:

MarcRed96

I'll be getting this as soon as it comes out, it's going to be amazing.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
I thought UC3 was great, just not as great as UC2. It had huge boots to fill which may have done it disservice. Some of the scenes were brilliant though, the plane one notably :drool:
I enjoyed UC3, the only problem I had with the game was the end environment felt pretty similar to UC2. It needed something different. Agreed about the Plane, that was the best bit I thought that and the Chateau.

I always think Rome would make a fantastic setting for an adventure type game. It's a city which mixes modern and historical architecture beautifully. I remember watching a documentary about hidden Roman tunnels/buildings under Rome and felt inspired. You can imagine how great that could look, a bit more in tune with the old Broken Sword games (which were brilliant).

But looking at the trailers, seems to be
going to Africa.

MarcRed96

I always think Rome would make a fantastic setting for an adventure type game. It's a city which mixes modern and historical architecture beautifully. I remember watching a documentary about hidden Roman tunnels/buildings under Rome and felt inspired. You can imagine how great that could look, a bit more in tune with the old Broken Sword games (which were brilliant).

going to Africa.
I'll spoiler this just in case:

I think it'll be in Africa as well. A lot of people seem to be saying it'll be set in Madagascar or some sort of large island in Africa and that pirates will be involved in some way. Sounds pretty good to me.

Hal9000

Nerding it a bit here, but anyone else notice the sand shift and fly off when he grabs his gun? That's some crazy attention to detail.. and the little drops of water coming off his face when he wakes up.

acnumber9

I enjoyed UC3, the only problem I had with the game was the end environment felt pretty similar to UC2. It needed something different. Agreed about the Plane, that was the best bit I thought that and the Chateau.

going to Africa.
I wouldn't say much of Rome is left Uncharted though.

Bebe

Anyone else think they'll kill Elena early in the game, and most of the story will revolve around Drake searching out those responsible?

I think Elena will be working on some project, be murdered, and Drake's final game will be about him tying historical clues and what not together to find whatever Elena was working on, before her killers do.

Vidic_In_Moscow

rectum-faced pygmy
Supports
i stink
Anyone else think they'll kill Elena early in the game, and most of the story will revolve around Drake searching out those responsible?

I think Elena will be working on some project, be murdered, and Drake's final game will be about him tying historical clues and what not together to find whatever Elena was working on, before her killers do.
Using her notebook/clues maybe to find out where/why/who?

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout

From what the devs have said, I think it could be more like Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade where she might get kidnapped and the kidnappers force Drake to find Treasure. The thought of a kid do cross my mind @WeasteDevil as it could be a nice nod to #3.

Spoilering because I know a few people haven't played the other games and I've given away a little bit of the story from a previous game.

Trigg

aka Trippin_Stoned
It's not insane, they are a studio at the top of their game supported by one of the technical arms of SCE in the same building - ICE. They can hit the hardware at quite a low level, something PC games cannot do.
I meant the visuals are insane, as in draw dropping good!

WeasteDevil

From what the devs have said, I think it could be more like Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade where she might get kidnapped and the kidnappers force Drake to find Treasure. The thought of a kid do cross my mind @WeasteDevil as it could be a nice nod to #3.

Spoilering because I know a few people haven't played the other games and I've given away a little bit of the story from a previous game.
It's the whole story arc that ended in 3 with looking back at his childhood. It's obvious that he gave up the shit and setted down with Elena - a child must have been born, and this looks like it's at least 8 years after 3. I reckon someone has killed Elena (maybe) and kidnapped their child because they need info from him and he's fecking mad. I think it will be a lot darker than the previous three games. Basically it's just a rehash of what happened to Joel in TLOU but the kid isn't dead and he'll probably die saving the child. Then we'll get Uncharted - First Son, as he probably at some point got Chloe up the duff as well.

Nathan Drake is a naughty man.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
It's the whole story arc that ended in 3 with looking back at his childhood. It's obvious that he gave up the shit and setted down with Elena - a child must have been born, and this looks like it's at least 8 years after 3. I reckon someone has killed Elena (maybe) and kidnapped their child because they need info from him and he's fecking mad. I think it will be a lot darker than the previous three games. Basically it's just a rehash of what happened to Joel in TLOU but the kid isn't dead and he'll probably die saving the child. Then we'll get Uncharted - First Son, as he probably at some point got Chloe up the duff as well.

Nathan Drake is a naughty man.
:lol:

I agree, the story was setup so that he and Elena would settle down. That was made obvious at the end of #3. Could certainly see Elena being kidnapped (perhaps at that point she's pregnant?). That would then give us an emotional end with Drake saving Elena and his unborn child but sacrificing himself in the process. Thus Drake never gets to see his son. Would make a good emotional ending, while still being a little upbeat as he's saved his family. One of them will die though. Wouldn't be shocked if Sully dies as well, it'll be darker, I think it has to be to separate it away from the other 3 games. Could even end with the kid being Orphaned and Chloe taking responsibility? Nice tie in with Drake having no parents etc.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Am I allowed to confess I've only ever played about half way through the first game?
Shameful. Although I liken AC to Uncharted.

AC1, not a wonderful game, but a great start to a new IP. Very dated when you replay it.
AC2, one of if not the best of the series. Improved on everything that was wrong about AC1.

So I'm not surprised you struggled with Uncharted 1. I played it back before UC3 was released and there were sections I had to grind through.

WeasteDevil

Uncharted 1 was easy other than the sixaxis grenade controls which were way off what they should have been. I completed it on crushing before trophies existed. For me it was the best of the three, but that might be because I played it when it came out and at that time, what, late 2007? it was absolutely spectacular. Melee in it was also better than the other 2.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Uncharted 1 was easy other than the sixaxis grenade controls which were way off what they should have been. I completed it on crushing before trophies existed. For me it was the best of the three, but that might be because I played it when it came out and at that time, what, late 2007? it was absolutely spectacular. Melee in it was also better than the other 2.
Yeah, I didn't buy a PS3 right away. I bought it when GT came out. So Uncharted 1 had been out a few years by that point. I think UC2 is just a far better game, better characters, better locations, better story, better action etc. Pacing and combat seemed to be much tighter too. I remember watching the opening cinematic of UC2 and was blown away by the animation and storytelling. It was miles ahead of any other game and I loved the use of colour in the game. So pretty. Now I want to play it again ffs! :lol:

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
IIRC my PS3 broke when I was half way through and I just never got around to it again.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
I don't think Elena will die, or there'll be a kid. I do think Sully will be killed though and that'll send Drake on a mad revenge mission.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
The Uncharted 3 is my favourite, although it appears I'm one of the few.

ArmandTamzarian

Supports
Liverpool
I loved the third (loved them all) though 2 will always be my favourite. 3 gets some pretty harsh unwarranted critiscism just because it didn't quite reach the lofty heights of the second.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
I loved the third (loved them all) though 2 will always be my favourite. 3 gets some pretty harsh unwarranted critiscism just because it didn't quite reach the lofty heights of the second.
What let me down in the third one was the promise of there being a...

...conflict between everyone against Nathan. It all seemed to fall apart near the end, and Nate just kept defending himself whilst everyone else accepted it. I wanted a bigger pay off. Maybe the fourth might address this?

PlayerOne

What let me down in the third one was the promise of there being a...

...conflict between everyone against Nathan. It all seemed to fall apart near the end, and Nate just kept defending himself whilst everyone else accepted it. I wanted a bigger pay off. Maybe the fourth might address this?
I think you will get that, there are a few hints that this Uncharted will be a lot darker, so I would expect a much better storyline. ND also hinted that Darke will be fully pushed this time around, so it should be more emotional.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
I think you will get that, there are a few hints that this Uncharted will be a lot darker, so I would expect a much better storyline. ND also hinted that Darke will be fully pushed this time around, so it should be more emotional.
After TLoU, I fully expect them to be able to do that.

shaggy

Prefers blue over red, loathed by Spurs fans
Why did you think it was a let down?

Also what do you guys think they will try to master this time? They spent a lot of time trying to get fire and sand movements right in UC3.
High expectations I guess. Nailed it with UC1 and UC2 (which was one of the best games on the platform) then released UC3 which was more an interactive film than game except the story was shite and uninteresting.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
ND can easily pull it off if they want but I don't see them making the game too dark, Uncharted is not that type of game.
Oh, absolutely not. I'm just saying that they won't hit any limitations with their vision considering how brutal TLoU was.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
High expectations I guess. Nailed it with UC1 and UC2 (which was one of the best games on the platform) then released UC3 which was more an interactive film than game except the story was shite and uninteresting.
That whole desert part, though. :drool:

PlayerOne

Oh, absolutely not. I'm just saying that they won't hit any limitations with their vision considering how brutal TLoU was.
Agreed, it was great to see a game that brutal with such a great story to with it. The most interesting thing will be to see how Uncharted will end, if it's the last Uncharted game.