United...1990s Liverpool re-enacted?

TheReligion

Abusive
We can’t post in the United forum or the match day forum so we need to know is there a storm coming on Monday that will affect the match? Did ownership splash cash on this latest transfer at this particular time to placate the supporters hoping they back off on Monday?
Bet you were grateful you couldn’t post in those forums on Monday :lol:

No honestly. 170m spent for just TWO Ajax players. Two names we didn't even know existed until this summer. 170m. Just like that.
You handed Benfica 100m for Nunez. What is your point?

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
You handed Benfica 100m for Nunez. What is your point?
The original point I made in this thread was I couldn't understand the vitriol the Glazers kept getting for not spending Utd's cash on players for Utd, when quite clearly we see the Glazers time and again spending a billion of Utd's cash on players for Utd.

That was the point.

Sweet Square

The original point I made in this thread was I couldn't understand the vitriol the Glazers kept getting for not spending Utd's cash on players for Utd, when quite clearly we see the Glazers time and again spending a billion of Utd's cash on players for Utd.

That was the point.

TheReligion

Abusive

That was the point.
Surely you know that’s not the primary issue with the Glazers?! Surely!?

AshRK

That was the point.
Maybe you should have Glazers as your owners then.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
No honestly. 170m spent for just TWO Ajax players. Two names we didn't even know existed until this summer. 170m. Just like that.
They have always had money to spend but just spent it unwisley according to the supporters , although at the begining of last season a lot people thought united had one of the top 5 squads on paper, but of course it was the owners fault for the collapse.
Now with the huge spending spree that just happened they have to be tipped for a top four spot with the new players and new manager, but if they fall short it will naturally be the owners fault again. Round and round it goes.

TheReligion

Abusive
They have always had money to spend but just spent it unwisley according to the supporters , although at the begining of last season a lot people thought united had one of the top 5 squads on paper, but of course it was the owners fault for the collapse.
Now with the huge spending spree that just happened they have to be tipped for a top four spot with the new players and new manager, but if they fall short it will naturally be the owners fault again. Round and round it goes.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
Yep, and if Utd fans succeed in kicking out the Glazers there are no other owners that can buy Utd while not being racist, homophobic, war mongering governments. Any less controversial owner (consortium) will put the same debts on the club as the Glazers have. And expect the same dividends. Utd will not be forced to be sold sold for £300m through the courts like Liverpool were a decade ago. That was a unique and very fortunate phenomena.

So for Utd fans you either cheer on the Glazers (most successful owners ever in PL history) or start cheering for a murdering oil regime to take you over. There are no other viable solutions to cheer/protest for.

And I will add, Liverpool will probably have this 'problem' soon enough when FSG finally decide to sell us for a couple of billion. That's the nature of making football into an open market business. Thanks Man Utd for that, I was alive to see it happen. We will all reap what we sowed, Utd have always led the way in that regard (they've reaped the successes and now the other side of the coin).

*Note, this is the view of non-Utd fans without bothering to go over religious texts in the main forum, because we don't care enough. Njred and I have piped up to help give this view with the threat of being banned for being wums.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
Yep, and if Utd fans succeed in kicking out the Glazers there are no other owners that can buy Utd while not being racist, homophobic, war mongering governments. Any less controversial owner (consortium) will put the same debts on the club as the Glazers have. And expect the same dividends.
I mean this is obviously not true.

I find the banter between supporters on here, and more specifically Liverpool supporters, to be amusing at times, mildly annoying at others, but the few comments dismissing the Glazer out movement in the past page by Liverpool fans are just distasteful, and beyond the petty rivalry, I would have hoped there would be a modicum of respect and understanding (especially as you guys have been straddled by poor ownership in the past). Focusing on the spending is a complete non sequitur with regards to the ownership debate, it's exactly the Kool Aid the Glazers want people to swallow. They have held the club back so much that it would take years of actual steady progress (which is very rare in football, and requires a lot of planets to align) for us to catch up with the pack - and it's not a bit of a spending spree on random players that changes that fact.

TheReligion

Abusive
I mean this is obviously not true.

I find the banter between supporters on here, and more specifically Liverpool supporters, to be amusing at times, mildly annoying at others, but the few comments dismissing the Glazer out movement in the past page by Liverpool fans are just distasteful, and beyond the petty rivalry, I would have hoped there would be a modicum of respect and understanding (especially as you guys have been straddled by poor ownership in the past). Focusing on the spending is a complete non sequitur with regards to the ownership debate, it's exactly the Kool Aid the Glazers want people to swallow. They have held the club back so much that it would take years of actual steady progress (which is very rare in football, and requires a lot of planets to align) for us to catch up with the pack - and it's not a bit of a spending spree on random players that changes that fact.
@njred and @Dumbstar are just wumming.

Neither are that thick to believe all that they have just wrote.

That said it’s a lot of effort to go to on a United forum they’ve been a part of for over a decade.

Agree with you though in that it’s in poor taste. Despite the banter I do have a grudging respect for Liverpool Football Club based on its success over the years and how they’ve sustained it. There’s many similarities between both clubs and cities.

Sadly I’m more Scouse than those two (and I’m from Manchester). They’ll never ‘get it’.

Rooney in Paris

Scout

That said it’s a lot of effort to go to on a United forum they’ve been a part of for over a decade.

Agree with you though in that it’s in poor taste. Despite the banter I do have a grudging respect for Liverpool Football Club based on its success over the years and how they’ve sustained it. There’s many similarities between both clubs and cities.

Sadly I’m more Scouse than those two (and I’m from Manchester). They’ll never ‘get it’.
I know, and I think it's a bit distasteful to be wumming about this, as a Liv fan on a Utd forum. They're both annoying posters in general, especially @Dumbstar, but at least it's usually limited to actual footballing topics.

And I feel this is even more the case considering that Utd fans, especially on here, have shown a lot of admiration in how Liverpool has re-invented itself as a footballing structure over the past decade or so.

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool

Do you 'get it' when Rashford is feeding Manc and Scouse starving kids while you join in with the 'Sign On' song? Oh, that's just banter? Anyway let's not get into an argument. I've mentioned that I'm fully expecting Liverpool to be saddled with crippling debts as soon as FSG decide to leave. I said it above too. That's the nature of open market. We're all fecked since Utd took that 'step up'. Suck it up. You, and soon, us. It's what we signed up for.

TheReligion

Abusive
Do you 'get it' when Rashford is feeding Manc and Scouse starving kids while you join in with the 'Sign On' song? Oh, that's just banter? Anyway let's not get into an argument. I've mentioned that I'm fully expecting Liverpool to be saddled with crippling debts as soon as FSG decide to leave. I said it above too. That's the nature of open market. We're all fecked since Utd took that 'step up'. Suck it up. You, and soon, us. It's what we signed up for.
What’s the relevance here?

I’m not sure even you know what you’re talking about.

You hate United. No problems. Not sure why you’re here though?

Rooney in Paris

Scout
What are you even on about?

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool

Not more scouse than me. But that doesn’t matter right now. What matters is you have now spent a lot. Just like last season you squad is loaded.