United are the noisy neighbours

SAred

Lee Martin Scores , Sir Alex legacy begins
How does United stop the blue side of Manchester?

Erik has a massive job on his hands, need I say it an even bigger job than Sir Alex had. Let's face it City are better in every way from the training ground to management to the team itself. Not to mention money.
Hell never thought I'll see the day where their pull for the worlds best talent is greater too. And unlike the great Liverpool teams of the 80s, this City team is not going to grow old and decline.
So how does United put City back in its place? or can they?

Drainy

City were always going to overtake us.

They have had billions invested into the club to improve everything from the top on down, while we have had parasitic owners who only spend when absolutely needed

SAred

They have had billions invested into the club to improve everything from the top on down, while we have had parasitic owners who only spend when absolutely needed
Agreed with the money but it has been used wisely - but does not answer the question of how does United get the top dog status in Manchester back?

AndySmith1990

Where City were clever was investing in the entire club and area, and overhauling the structure to modernise how they operate. All we've done is throw money at managers and players for years and hope it magically falls into place. I mean you don't need to be a genius to see where we've gone wrong and what we need to do to close the gap.

Castia

We’ve spent similar amounts the difference is whilst we’re signing Maguire and AWB for £130m they’re signing Haaland and Dias.

They were a lot like us when the first got taken over. Spent a lot of money on shite because they didn’t have the DoF and whatever else in place and had multiple managers buying random players.

We’ve thrown a billion at it under ownership/upper management who general probably can’t explain the offside rule and we wonder why we’re in this position.

Shunty

Supports
Man it’s
It’s just sad isn’t it? The fact that the title suggests we are absolutely mikes off it on the pitch stadium etc etc. on the one hand you have city who’s focus is to become a great footballing team and then you have us who’s owners are just milking the cash cow. We were always going to struggle with these owners who make disastrously bad decisions. The interest paid for the glazers to leverage and buy the club is absolutely staggering if they cared at all they would sell it to someone who cares. I am confident the club will come back one day to where it belongs winning titles and challenging for champions league but this may get worse before it gets better. I’d take getting relegated to get rid of these parasites and things ar me going to get worse when our team is a joke and the teams at the top have haaland sewn up before the end of the season. Pains me to say but that is how you run a football club, know who you want to sign have a plan and execute it. Can only hope they take pogba and he 4ucks the dressing room up. What a sorry state, I’m thinking twenty years before we’re challenging again, hope to god someone proves me wrong

Drainy

We’ve spent similar amounts the difference is whilst we’re signing Maguire and AWB for £130m they’re signing Haaland and Dias.

They were a lot like us when the first got taken over. Spent a lot of money on shite because they didn’t have the DoF and whatever else in place and had multiple managers buying random players.

We’ve thrown a billion at it under ownership/upper management who general probably can’t explain the offside rule and we wonder why we’re in this position.
I'm not just talking about transfers.

Look at stadium upgrades and training ground renovation since the Glazers took over.

City have been busy modernising and we've been paying for our ownership

Dr. StrangeHate

How does United stop the blue side of Manchester?

Erik has a massive job on his hands, need I say it an even bigger job than Sir Alex had. Let's face it City are better in every way from the training ground to management to the team itself. Not to mention money.
Hell never thought I'll see the day where their pull for the worlds best talent is greater too. And unlike the great Liverpool teams of the 80s, this City team is not going to grow old and decline.
So how does United put City back in its place? or can they?
Erik job is to challenge the league once in a while, but get top 4 regularly. It is too much to expect any manager to beat both Klopp and Pep when they have such a settled team. Even Liverpool will drop off after Klopp, you just can't fight against a team owned by a country with unlimited money.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
We can't. Certainly not until Pep leaves. Even then, city have the structure, the facilities and the cash to carry on being successful. And they are capable of a rebuild as proven already when they moved on the likes of aguero, silva, kompany, zabaleta etc.

Our only slight hope is if City buy the wrong players and we have better players. It can happen, however with City they have the luxury of unlimited cash. They will keep buying and keep buying until they find the right player. They did that with the GK, CB's and fullbacks. I wouldn't be surprised if they move on 100m man Greilish if he doesn't step up next season. We just don't have that luxury.

Castia

The scary thing is they’ve been rebuilding themselves this whole time.

Kompany, Silva, Yaya, Aguero leaving and players like Fernandinho getting older already have their replacement in Rodri done.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Anyone here old enough to remember when Fergie first came here?
Was there the expectation to (as he called it) knock pool out of their perch or just win a league title here and there?

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
It's to listen to how people's opinions on how United can catch City or not.
So you made it up that we're noisy neighbours? Have you looked at what both clubs have won?

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
It's to listen to how people's opinions on how United can catch City or not.
What hasn't been covered in other threads? We need better coaching, transfer business and overall running of the club. It's the same for every club really.

EtH

Why I'm just telling it like it is now in 2022. No need to sugarcoat things.
You’re just talking shite. City is a nothing club propped up by human rights abusers.

You sound like a bitter.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
History is a wonderful thing, fast forward 10 years. Let's keep pointing to the past. Try to sell that the next big talent or up and coming youngster....
The total culmination of silverware is what a major part of the foundations of a club. Knocking a club off it's perch, not becoming the "noisy neighbour" is all about getting to that level of equality. City have had a great 10 years - we can sit back for another 10 and they still wont have more leagues.

You worded your post terribly.

Zen86

Noisy neighbours? How pathetic :lol:

We're the pride of Manchester, City are the pride of Abu Dhabi.

SAred

You’re just talking shite. City is a nothing club propped up by human rights abusers.

You sound like a bitter.
I'm bitter alright but not a bitter. I have seen United knock Liverpool off its perch but City is a different animal so from a bitter United fan how do United bridge that gap. Just want to hear people's opinions that's all.

SAred

The total culmination of silverware is what a major part of the foundations of a club. Knocking a club off it's perch, not becoming the "noisy neighbour" is all about getting to that level of equality. City have had a great 10 years - we can sit back for another 10 and they still wont have more leagues.

You worded your post terribly.
I'm talking about what is happening now, not based on History. Let's have a look at what's happening now, who has produced the best young talent, have United got a Foden. Who just signed a player that every United fan wanted in Red, We have
become the noisy neighbors, maybe not in History or Fan base but in actual performance, pulling the best Talent etc we are the noisy neighbors. How does United change that? That's all I'm asking.

RedChisel

City are still the noisy neighbours, they have now just won the lottery and strut around acting like they've earned their success and demand everyone respect them for being handed everything on a plate.

We are the neighbours with the terrible landlords who refuse to fix anything but will come and let themselves in every so often and take a handful of your cash.

Not sure how we are supposed to compete under this scenario.

GazTheLegend

That's the spirit but how do United put City back in its place.
Being realistic? A concerted effort by the wider football community to stop state ownership of clubs and giving football back to the fans. An end to corruption at UEFA, FIFA and even governmental levels, and disallowing funds to abuse the goodwill of essentially charity's like clubs like ours for profit.

How the feck do you compete with a billion pounds lost on footballers a year? Or the level of endemic corruption that allows tournaments on Russia and the DESERT?

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Agreed with the money but it has been used wisely - but does not answer the question of how does United get the top dog status in Manchester back?
Getting the right coach is a step in the right direction, together with putting a competent structure in place to help the coach/squad.

Bestietom

Yes, and it is going to take billions to atch up with them. We need to refurbish the stadium to a state of the art one catering an attendance of 85-90 thousand people.
We also need to keep pouring our monies into the team building. Success brings more commercial deals and sponsors.

Amir

To be fair, City were never a nothng club. They were nowhere near the big ones, like United, but they weren't nothing.

People are rightly talking about our far richer history, but history isn't just what happened 10-20-50 years ago. History has also been written for the last ten years. And will continue to do so. If we don't get our act together, while City continue to succeed, we'll be looking rather silly when all we'll have left is talking about successes of decades ago. A little like City and their 1968 title, for example.

prateik

Don't agree with the thread, but I was thinking of this quote a few hours back..

Read the Pogba news that City wont be paying him what his camp wants and now he is going elsewhere and it made me realize City have finally grown up.

They surpassed us on the pitch a few years ago ... but City a few years ago might have signed Pogba just because he was from United..
They dont need him and certainly not enough to pay him the kind of money he wants.. Them not bending over to sign an ex-United player just to spite us is kind of annoying..

feckers..