United are the noisy neighbours

TheReligion

Abusive
The noisy neighbours who sell more tickets for a youth cup final than that lot can even sell for a PL or CL fixture

Denis79

They seem to know what they are doing from top to the bottom at the club. I don't see us knocking them off their perch in a long while.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
The strange take is pretending unlimited wealth specifically in football won't come out on top more often then not, imo.
Unlimited wealth is pointless if you don't have unlimited ways to spend it. And they don't have unlimited ways to spend it in Football. And it's also worth pointing out that City have a highly functional team more than they have a team made of players that were supposed to be particularly expensive.

Your point only makes sense if you take wealth out of the context of Football, in reality the best player is often not the most expensive and there is generally more than one player in the same bracket.

Premier league calibre players on a regular basis. Such as?
City have 3 academy graduates who regularly play somewhere in the PL and are not named Phil Foden.

We have 8 in our team alone.

b82REZ

We don't until the people in charge of the game turn an eye to blood money we never dominate Manchester again, simple as.

Doesn't mean we can't win a trophy here and there but we will never have a monopoly over city until football clears up it's act.
Hysterical hyperbole.

Similar things were said when Abramovich first took over at Chelsea.

Football goes through periods of certain teams dominating. City and Pool will fall off eventually and new teams will rise in their place.

Bosws87

Hysterical hyperbole.

Similar things were said when Abramovich first took over at Chelsea.

Football goes through periods of certain teams dominating. City and Pool will fall off eventually and new teams will rise in their place
Wrong, once again you are basing this on a history which was never like this football has changed.

Same as these people that think city will forever not be able to fill their stadium these things take time lots of generations.

Feel free to count all the trophies won by English teams since abramovich took over and see which teams are top.

b82REZ

Wrong, once again you are basing this on a history which was never like this football has changed.

Same as these people that think city will forever not be able to fill their stadium these things take time lots of generations.

Feel free to count all the trophies won by English teams since abramovich took over and see which teams are top.
Chelsea have never been a consistent dominant force, and neither have City. If the money of City makes them untouchable how have Pool, or us under Fergie matched them?

Your post was the definition of hysterical hyperbole. There will be other teams competing and winning trophies, as has always been the case in every league.

Bosws87

Chelsea have never been a consistent dominant force, and neither have City. If the money of City makes them untouchable how have Pool, or us under Fergie matched them?

Your post was the definition of hysterical hyperbole. There will be other teams competing and winning trophies, as has always been the case in every league.
Nope I clearly stated we could win things the title of the thread implies we will consistently dominate city again not happening.

Liverpool will drop down again I know that as they aren’t country funded similar to us we will have peaks and troughs but consistently if no rules change or ownership city will finish better off then us over a considerable period.

wise_old_man

You are fighting against a colossus, they are paying staff the wage we see and separate wage in secret so all the wage bill that is reported is a load of rubbish we can't compete with the true sums some of these people will be receiving.

I don't think people actually realise what other clubs are competing against and this is before Newcastle who have 10x the wealth of city's owners.

As i said we could win the league if we got it perfect like Liverpool recently but we will never with the current people in charge of both clubs ever be able to consistently come out on top year after year against City.

Think how many clubs the city group now own think of all the ways they can manipulate that to hold a monopoly on the best youngsters while giving them playing time (remember when NYC bought lampard and suddenly he was back at city on loan)
How do you know for sure City are cooking their books and pay insane wage secretly? It sounds like sour grapes from our deluded fans who are too bitter to admit that City do better business than us despite the fact they are also richer than us.

It’s like a poor student in class cannot accept that a rich student who spends his whole life in comfort can also get better grades than the poor, “hard-working” ones.

wise_old_man

City have 3 academy graduates who regularly play somewhere in the PL and are not named Phil Foden.

We have 8 in our team alone.
I’m afraid this season might have revealed the true level of those 8 in our team: Championship.

Even Watford and Brighton humiliated us badly.

big rons sovereign

How do you know for sure City are cooking their books and pay insane wage secretly? It sounds like sour grapes from our deluded fans who are too bitter to admit that City do better business than us despite the fact they are also richer than us.

It’s like a poor student in class cannot accept that a rich student who spends his whole life in comfort can also get better grades than the poor, “hard-working” ones.
Well, the dodgy sponsorships etc would point to them being completely bent.
It's no secret really.

mu4c_20le

We don't until the people in charge of the game turn an eye to blood money we never dominate Manchester again, simple as.

Doesn't mean we can't win a trophy here and there but we will never have a monopoly over city until football clears up it's act.
Joke of a post. Satire surely?

Castia

I dont buy this idea that City are wonderful with money and we're useless. They bought a 100m attacker last summer that hasn't really worked out, so they're buying another one.

And all this investing in their academy, it was going backwards a couple of years ago. Foden is the only player of any note to ever come through it, whilst we are still churning out Premier League calibre players on a regular basis.

They're better than us because they have a blank chequebook and no accountability for the spending.
But we’ve spent similar money right? you can afford a Grealish deal when 9/10 transfers work.

United must get one decent signing in 5 so are constantly having to replace players just look at our CB’s we’ve spent nearly £200m and are still in need for another one, we’ve bought one every summer for the last 4 years!

Bosws87

By the official contracts that can be clearly read and downloaded on the internet but were discounted from their trial because the evidence was time sensitive, but yeh you pretend its all above board :lol:

Lost bear

How does United stop the blue side of Manchester?

Erik has a massive job on his hands, need I say it an even bigger job than Sir Alex had. Let's face it City are better in every way from the training ground to management to the team itself. Not to mention money.
Hell never thought I'll see the day where their pull for the worlds best talent is greater too. And unlike the great Liverpool teams of the 80s, this City team is not going to grow old and decline.
So how does United put City back in its place? or can they?
We might have to wait for the end of the oil era…oh dear.

b82REZ

Nope I clearly stated we could win things the title of the thread implies we will consistently dominate city again not happening.

Liverpool will drop down again I know that as they aren’t country funded similar to us we will have peaks and troughs but consistently if no rules change or ownership city will finish better off then us over a considerable period.
With the way the sport is going no one team will remain dominate for a prolonged period.

City had a headstart on their structure, but as we saw when Fergie retired that may all collapse when Pep leaves.

We may see them dominate over the next few years as we get our house in order, but for all your hysterics we're one of the few teams that can match them financially in the market. Which is shown by our respective spends over the last decade.

But we’ve spent similar money right? you can afford a Grealish deal when 9/10 transfers work.

United must get one decent signing in 5 so are constantly having to replace players just look at our CB’s we’ve spent nearly £200m and are still in need for another one, we’ve bought one every summer for the last 4 years!
We're a mess without a doubt but just pointing out City are not perfect. Nobody talks about it because a) nobody cares about City, b) they move them on quietly and c) they use a blank chequebook and only declare about half the value of each transfer.

JPRouve

Scout
With the way the sport is going no one team will remain dominate for a prolonged period.

City had a headstart on their structure, but as we saw when Fergie retired that may all collapse when Pep leaves.

We may see them dominate over the next few years as we get our house in order, but for all your hysterics we're one of the few teams that can match them financially in the market. Which is shown by our respective spends over the last decade.
And realistically they are limited by the size of squads, so even if they somehow started to purchase in a way that they have never done, the limit would be quite obvious. And even that's generally offset by teams that have better scouting/coaching.

b82REZ

And realistically they are limited by the size of squads, so even if they somehow started to purchase in a way that they have never done, the limit would be quite obvious. And even that's generally offset by teams that have better scouting/coaching.
Exactly. Having all the money in the world means nothing, until they change the rules and you can field 20 players.

MexicanCowboy

Supports
Barcelona
United has more money than Liverpool, but Liverpool does compete on the same level as City and United doesn't. That's the place to look at, not City themselves since they have financial perks.
A good manager, given Full power to buy and sell players and enough money to do so. And of course, patience. Guardiola's City and Klopp's Liverpool still took some time before delivering thropies.
I would gladly take Another throphy less season if I can see some gradual improvement throughout the season. If everything is done properly, I think United will challenge the big titles by 2023-2024

JPRouve

Scout
United has more money than Liverpool, but Liverpool does compete on the same level as City and United doesn't. That's the place to look at, not City themselves since they have financial perks.
A good manager, given Full power to buy and sell players and enough money to do so. And of course, patience. Guardiola's City and Klopp's Liverpool still took some time before delivering thropies.
I would gladly take Another throphy less season if I can see some gradual improvement throughout the season. If everything is done properly, I think United will challenge the big titles by 2023-2024
That's exactly what we should never do.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
We don’t need to do anything about City. Newcastle will do it for us over the next few years. We just need to stop thinking it’s any of our business and find the spirit that Liverpool have and remember we only have to play them in the league twice a year.

salfordlad

I'm old enough to realize that life goes through cycles. The contrarian in me thinks that we may have a few smiles on our faces come this time next year. I'm not talking silverware but real progress. I don't worry about other teams capabilities, I worry about United. We still have the resources to be a top side and challenge. City will have its day in the sun for a while. I don't really care. To me they are just another team, unlike Liverpool who are and have always been our rivals. We will be back and sooner than the gloom and doom merchants among us believe.