United linked with van Gaal in the meeja

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRedDevil'sAdvocate

Could this be announced after the world cup and not as early as we're hoping for? It's a big possibility if we don't get anything this week.
No, it will probably be announced within the next few days. My guess is that there are still some important issues that need to be sorted out, things like who's going to train the players while LvG is in Brazil with the national team. If Giggs is to become assistant manager, he has no experience regarding the football LvG wants to play.

If Holland go all the way (that is reach the semi-final which guarantees you at least a place in the 3rd place final), LvG will have to move to Manchester within a week and then immediately take the whole squad and travel to the US for the ICC (26 July-2 August). After that we'll be counting days for our first PL game.

Another thing is that he has to hand Woodward a very extensive list of possible transfers, full of "If we can't sign him, go for this one or that one". The last thing LvG wants is to be criticized by the Dutch media for neglecting the national team and being constantly on the phone discussing transfer targets with Ed. It's probably the last thing we want too.

If this wasn't a World Cup year, i believe it would've already be announced. Some people aren't patient and don't realize that this is an important decision for our club and that LvG is manager who has a specific way of doing things, he leaves nothing in abeyance and doesn't look for excuses.

SammyUnited_83

I'd have a fit. I'd start throwing stuff in a rage.
The thought makes me sick, I was chatting to my mate the other day about the whole season and I couldn't actually say the words 'Round' or 'Lumsden' without pissing myself... what the feck happened.

Roll on LvG, today please!!!

Water Melon

Imagine if they do something similar and Sam Allardyce comes out. The forum would implode.
Massive suicide on caf. Survivals amoung newbies being immediately promoted to the main forum. Scousers and City fans living the day of their lives. Doomsday basically.

Minimalist

Imagine if they do something similar and Sam Allardyce comes out. The forum would implode.
Like Allardyce would give a shit. :lol:

I still maintain he'd do better than Moyes. At least Big Sam would have some balls I imagine.

Plugsy

Sky Sports News had breaking news....:eek:

..which turned out to be Jonny Wilkonson retiring from rugby. Who cares I thought he retired like 8 yeas ago

PSingh

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
completely different from last summer, united immediately went with Moyes no questions asked just simply because Fergie chose him and look what happen. Delay is frustrating and it is dragging on abit now but they shouldnt rushing getting LVG, even if LVG is appointed he wouldnt be officially in the job until the world cups finish so theirs no rush.
I think you missed the point of my post. Yes I agree with the process that we have used this time- in the sense that we have assessed all of our options this time, rather than what we did with Moyes. But it has been pretty clear since the first week after Moyes got sacked, that LVG was the man. So why keep delaying it?

It doesn't exactly fill me as a fan with confidence about this summer, we are dithering over appointing LVG, and the point I'm making is, I don't want us to dither in the transfer market as well.

Plugsy

Don't we have an obligation to respond to or confirm anything as soon as it happens to the NYSE. If so it seems incredible if we're withholding the announcement because it doesn't take our fancy to do it yet. Are there actually any real hold-ups or does Woodward have to be in the right 'zone' to do it mentally?

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Sky Sports News had breaking news....:eek:

..which turned out to be Jonny Wilkonson retiring from rugby. Who cares I thought he retired like 8 yeas ago
I just want to kill you.

Apart from that we should call Van Gaal "The Ballsy One"

Minimalist

Don't we have an obligation to respond to or confirm anything as soon as it happens to the NYSE. If so it seems incredible if we're withholding the announcement because it doesn't take our fancy to do it yet. Are there actually any real hold-ups or does Woodward have to be in the right 'zone' to do it mentally?
:lol: Love it.

Like he's rocking back and forth in his chair for hours this morning, only to lift the phone, dial and say, "Sorry Louis, not today!"

A scream of, "VAT!!?" returns his way before the phone is slammed down again.

He'll try again tomorrow. A bad case of the Moysies.

Plugsy

Just reading a few people tweeting he's in Manchester, including Ben 'The f****** Ben' Fairthorne. We may get a proper presser out of this.

Ole90+3

Obviously the delay is down to waiting on him to be available to come to Manchester for a press conference.

Still, not sure why they couldn't just announce it and then have the presser a few days after.

Plugsy

IF that is true then a few of the journos in the area should be tweeting about being called to OT soon.

....I hope.

entropy

Obviously the delay is down to waiting on him to be available to come to Manchester for a press conference.

Still, not sure why they couldn't just announce it and then have the presser a few days after.
Not sure if he would like to give a grandiose press conference with the WC looming large.

MDFC Manager

I actually think a full blown conference would only be held once he actually assumes the job, like in the case with Moyes. But you never know...

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Isn't Ben Fairthorne a bullshiter? I remember reading somewhere that he doesn't work for any of the outlets he claims he does and from the tweets I've seen from him he's mostly wrong.

Thisistheone

Just reading a few people tweeting he's in Manchester, including Ben 'The f****** Ben' Fairthorne. We may get a proper presser out of this.
Did you see the twitter exchange between him and Alex Shaw last night?

ha_rooney

I hope this gets made official today. If Giggs' role is yet to be clarified, do that later. Just make LVG the official manager and move from there.

Crono

Isn't Ben Fairthorne a bullshiter? I remember reading somewhere that he doesn't work for any of the outlets he claims he does and from the tweets I've seen from him he's mostly wrong.
Bullshitting cnut of the highest order.

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?id=112547805435489&story_fbid=711992895490974

"Baines a done deal for United in January and club also working on two La Liga based players."

Some of his best hits:

http://favstar.fm/users/BFairthorne

PSingh

I hope this gets made official today. If Giggs' role is yet to be clarified, do that later. Just make LVG the official manager and move from there.
Agreed. Other details can be sorted out after.

LR7

Would be hilarious if he'd flown to Manchester whilst the British journos are still in Holland.

SolidState

You don't even know how ITK he is

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
To be fair mate. None of those are really that crazy apart from the Wenger Costa one. I dont believe him one bit but the stuff about Shaw and Reus has been spread about a bit.
They are though. I can do the sam thing as him, I will read some news then then tweet something saying "my sources told me the moon comes out at night." He claims to write for so many outlets but I don't see his name on any articles.

PSingh

Has SSN mentioned anything today about LvG? James Cooper been reporting from OT/Carrington?
I was watching it earlier and they was just showing a highlight package of his press conferences when he had been asked about United. There was no mention about it happening today.

Status
Not open for further replies.