United shopping for a shirt sponsor

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Someone in the comments in the DM article claiming the 'likely' company's name starts with H and that his/her posts spelling out the full name are being deleted.
Chinese appliance manufacturer? Asking because we were linked with them a while back.

diarm

Hewlett Packard are surely hardware rather than software?

stevoc

You still watch the team +60 times a season I presume? You honestly don't care if we played with, say, Angry Birds as our fecking main sponsor just because you won't be buying it? :lol:
Sure as long as it was a plain white Angry Birds logo the fashionistas in our fan base wouldn't care would they?

hungrywing

Hasbro. Always wanted to be sponsored by My Little Pony.
Once they Pony up the cash, hopefully it can help Transform the club after nearly a decade of Woodplop Nerfing the brand to the point where we're no longer a virtual Monopoly.

HP? They’ve sponsored Spurs before I think.
Definitely sounds like that's what the DM commenter is implying. I was thinking Oracle until I saw the H thing.

Wish it was Haribo.
If only. I don't think Woodflub's smart enough to even think of it let alone pull it off.

Can you imagine billions of young people worldwide thinking of MUFC everytime they bit into a sweet gummy bear/worm.

edcunited1878

Haier is the Chinese company that was linked with the shirt sponsorship. Heard it could be a tech company or a multinational conglomerate.

mu4c_20le

Haier is the Chinese company that was linked with the shirt sponsorship. Heard it could be a tech company or a multinational conglomerate.
There was a whole thread about that a while back. News broke out that they signed some crazy record breaking deal with us, but then they quickly came out and denied it.

GoldTrafford99

Hubspot

Logo is straightforward text, only the O in 'spot' is rather an ugly-looking spiked design.

But if the software company begins with H, then it can literally only be Hubspot. They are turning over hundreds of mill a year, are one of the fastest growing companies in America, let alone software companies. No other software company from the US could possibly afford 70 m a year for a sponsorship/marketing cost.

Last edited:

edcunited1878

There was a whole thread about that a while back. News broke out that they signed some crazy record breaking deal with us, but then they quickly came out and denied it.
Yeah, remember that now. If Haier does turn out to be the new partner, I can then understand why they denied it at the time (exclusive renewal time-frame for Chevrolet but they were never going to renew so the club has been searching for a new partner for well over a two years now.)

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.
Hubspot

Logo is straightforward text, only the O in 'spot' is rather an ugly-looking spiked design.

But if the software company begins with H, then it can literally only be Hubspot. They are turning over hundreds of mill a year, are one of the fastest growing companies in America, let alone software companies. No other software company from the US could possibly afford 70 m a year for a sponsorship/marketing cost.
Don't even think Hubspot can afford what it'd cost tbh. Their revenues in 2020 were $883 million. Would they spend nearly 10% of that on a shirt logo sponsorship?

To put in perspective here's some revenues of other companies:
  • Salesforce - $17.1 B
  • Chevrolet - $122.49 B
  • Amazon - $386.1 B

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Hubspot

Wha'? :lol:

Apple, Google, Microsoft, Facebook, Amazon have 500bn in the bank or something between them. They could all buy the fecking club twenty times over! Hubspot have literally never made a year-on-year profit.

diarm

Wha'? :lol:

Apple, Google, Microsoft, Facebook, Amazon have 500bn in the bank or something between them. They could all buy the fecking club twenty times over! Hubspot have literally never made a year-on-year profit.
To be fair, I think he meant only software company beginning with H.