United sign Jadon Sancho - Dortmund CEO Waltzing No More!

meamth

Now last season's whiners must accept they have been wrong about this one.

We saved a lot of money for more signings.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Really can't repeat this one enough, but he's a special, special talent. Willing to be proven wrong on this one but in the modern football Era (couldn't be bothered looking before), only Mbappe has more league goals and assists as a teenager (before 20th birthday) in Europe's big 5 leagues. Mbappe has 66, Sancho has 65. Michael Owen was mid 50's, Rooney around 39 I think. Greenwood who is incredible is only at 20. Sancho probably would have at least matched or surpassed Mbappe had covid not stopped the season 3 weeks before his 20th birthday too.

The kid is special.

FatTails

Good stuff. Hope he performs for us. We’ve all been very excited about transfers in the past few years that haven’t exactly worked out the way we had anticipated.

On paper, this looks like a promising one.

Mr.Ridiculous__

The name says it all

Id love to be a fly in that WhatsApp chat :lol:
Watzke: What the hell is this?
Woodward: What?
Watzke This stupid clause
Woodward: 10 million to Dortmund, if Utd wins the La Liga. I think that's perfectly legitimate
Watzke: Are you serious? And what the hell is this?
Woody: 50 million to Dortmund if Utd wins the Inter Galactic cup
Watzke But this doesn't even exist
Woody: Doesn't exist...yet.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Something is not right here. Rawk calls this as bargain and great signing. Wtf is going on? :nervous:

TsuWave

Better than Bruno ? It will be tough
Might not produce the same numbers, but I don’t think it will be tough for him to consistently have better performances overall. Full disclosure, I’m a big Sancho fan.

That said, Sancho’s numbers for the past 3 seasons have been ridiculous themselves so, even there I wouldn’t be surprised if he bested the other guy

Eternitiy

Electrifying signing. Delighted with those conducting our transfer business. Very, very shrewd acquisition. Very, very shrewd indeed.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Might not produce the same numbers, but I don’t think it will be tough for him to consistently have better performances overall. Full disclosure, I’m a big Sancho fan.

That said, Sancho’s numbers for the past 3 seasons have been ridiculous themselves so, even there I wouldn’t be surprised if he bested the other guy
Fair play for the full disclosure :lol:

Mindhunter

The best thing about this deal seems to be that we have learned our lesson in the transfer market. For the last few years, we have been bumbling around, signing washed up stars looking for a last payday, and negotiating with clubs till the end of days even when they held all the cards.

Finally, it seems like there was some thought put into the process. The article on The Athletic goes into the details of how our patience and direct approach from Woodward helped get this over the line this time. And finally we have a marquee signing join us before per-season - never thought it was possible.

big rons sovereign

He's shit, overpriced, overrated, won't cut it in the premier league, only signed for the money, just another Di Maria, etc etc blah blah blah....

Dan_F

Woodward still determined to try and get some good PR before he goes :lol:

GMoore23

Hopefully this paves the way to the holy grail that is the Haaland signing. Sancho to hit the ground running and tell his pal how great it is here.

Red Royal

Great to have this done in such good time and at a fair price.. wrll done to the negotiating team.

Hopefully allows us enough time to get one more experienced player and maybe one or two for the future.

Jacky Quacky

made eight consecutive posts about Fellaini once
So is Sancho 100% a right winger because I’ve been hearing some noise about how he’s better on the left which slightly worries me

So is Sancho 100% a right winger because I’ve been hearing some noise about how he’s better on the left which slightly worries me
He started at Dortmund as a right winger but now he alternates between the two pretty evenly. Going purely by the numbers, he scores more from the left but assists more from the right. I can see him and Rashford swapping frequently.

shahzy

From £108m to £73m in 10 months. Dormtund's resolve crumbled pretty quickly.
I don't think it's resolve per se. More so they saw the impact of covid football for 1 year and realised they need the cash and others also can't pay that much anymore.

After Neymar and Mbappe. Covid might be the best thing to happen to football transfer market. De inflation of fees if you will

TrustInOle

His style of play means he is strong in any of the 3 positions behind the striker and highly effective from the right with his link up play, close control and vision. I think Cavani and Bruno will link exceedingly well with their off the ball runs.