United - Soton | EFL Cup Final Build-up Thread

MullerUtd

From skysports:
Not just Mourinho with good stats...

13 goals in 8 against Puels teams...
The Celtic game went into extra time in 2003.
Fake news

Liverpool 2-3 Chelsea
(after extra-time - score at 90 mins 1-1)

Didier Drogba and Mateja Kezman scored in extra-time to give Chelsea victory in a pulsating Carling Cup final.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/league_cup/4279679.stm
Pretty sure that Mata has an outstanding record in cup finals too.
1 out of 3 :)
OK so that's Celtic Porto, 2005 Chelsea Liverpool and 2007 Chelsea United for games he's won in extra time
Thanks guys. Encouraging stats, feeling less nervous now.

Let's hope Zlatan scores the first goal and Mata comes off the bench to score a second.

We really need to win this Cup.

I can't stress how important this is for us.

LFC-Fans

Supports
Liverpool
Big day...

I hope its an interesting game, just having both teams to score would be good

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
I am a bit wary of how the general feeling is that this is a done deal, that we've already won. Usually, this is when we don't perform well.

Drifter

American
Why do some still believe Rooney is going anywhere?.Can even see him starting . It's going to be a tough game but still see us coming through EFL champions. 2-0

togg

I am a bit wary of how the general feeling is that this is a done deal, that we've already won. Usually, this is when we don't perform well.
must admit I feel the same. There seems to be a lot of confidence around. I know people come on saying 'I have a bad feeling about this...' which kind of means nothing, but I'm not as confident as a lot seem to be.

MullerUtd

Not sure how you come to this consensus but personally, I'm aware that this game will be very tough. Southampton route to the final were all Premier League teams and they didn't even concede a single goal! Knocking out Arsenal and Liverpool along the way as well. If they scores first, it would make things really difficult for us and I think we could lose (God Forbid).

The_Order

Don't think it shuts at all. It was in the original plans to have a retractable roof but despite going way over budget it doesn't have a roof.
Wow, I was convinced the roof shut completely,

-Over budget,

-Underperforming,

-Devoid of character

There never was a more fitting home for the England Football team

RRCE

Is this game not being televised in Canada? If not, it's one of the very few United matches not to be shown.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.

Wembley ticket has a hotline for reporting people for standing! I hear next year's will allow you to report people for SING (Singing and supporting a team)
Thankfully I'm in the very back row with the gods in the top tier. Can stand to my heart's content surely.

GM K

must admit I feel the same. There seems to be a lot of confidence around. I know people come on saying 'I have a bad feeling about this...' which kind of means nothing, but I'm not as confident as a lot seem to be.
Oh come on, you absolutely have to feel confident for this one.

When last did United lose again? I can't remember! And you think the next loss is this cup final at Wembley against Southampton with Jose Mourinho as manager and Zlatan Ibrahimovic leading the line? Nah. Relax.

togg

Oh come on, you absolutely have to feel confident for this one.

When last did United lose again? I can't remember! And you think the next loss is this cup final at Wembley against Southampton with Jose Mourinho as manager and Zlatan Ibrahimovic leading the line? Nah. Relax.
You're right...meh....thanks for the pep talk :smirk:

Eriku

We seem to be coming into our stride and I think we have the players relishing the chance of early silverware :) looking forward to kick-off!

Oscie

Thankfully I'm in the very back row with the gods in the top tier. Can stand to my heart's content surely.
Also presumably you can still drink booze as long as you've got your eyes closed.

Squaaaad

I wonder if LVG will be getting a medal if we win today since his foundations would have allowed us to win. /notbeingserious

izec

We better fecking win this. I give up 2 hours of learning for this game. If we dont win, i blame Fellaini and Lingard

GM K

United Team Line up vs Southampton (EFL Final) : De Gea, Valencia, Bailly, Smalling, Rojo, Herrera, Pogba, Mata, Lingard, Marital, Ibrahimovic.

Subs: Romero, Blind, Young, Carrick, Fellaini, Rashford, Rooney.

Not surprising. Mikhi, Bastian and Timothy Fosu-Mensah totally out.

Robertd0803

I stayed out of this thread the whole time before the game to avoid jinxing us. I also avoided all the build up in the press. It worked :lol::lol: