United States, Mexico and Canada to host 2026 World Cup

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
The final of the World Cup will be played at...

The MetLife :houllier::lol:

They have some of the best stadiums in the world to choose from and they chose the fecking MetLife.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama

They have some of the best stadiums in the world to choose from and they chose the fecking MetLife.

I was so excited because it had been strongly rumored to be in Dallas a few weeks back.

Of fecking course it's going to be held at the one stadium I'm banned for life from...

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool

I live in shadows of this place and it will make a laughingstock of the final. 100% one of the worst stadiums ever built with terrible public transportation, confusing gates and entrances. Just a total shite show of a place that a ton of money was spent on to build. The only good thing is NYC is ten minutes away and of course I can get tickets for myself through various channels. But what a bad pick for the final.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
1. feck off

2. They'll restrict access to the stadium to approved ticket holders arriving on approved transport (buses, NJ Transit, PATH)

3. Avoid driving through North Jersey at all costs around the time of this event

4. Is this an attempt to sportswash New Jersey?

JogaBonitoRooney

I live in shadows of this place and it will make a laughingstock of the final. 100% one of the worst stadiums ever built with terrible public transportation, confusing gates and entrances. Just a total shite show of a place that a ton of money was spent on to build. The only good thing is NYC is ten minutes away and of course I can get tickets for myself through various channels. But what a bad pick for the final.
Seems like the most reasonable choice? It was always going to be either New York or LA like every WC tournament, final is hosted in the most well known big city.

Looks like a good stadium too. Where else would they host it? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._stadiums_by_capacity going by highest capacity / major city, MetLife seems the best choice here.

I'm sure there'll be good transport and stadium guides for a WC final.

Of fecking course it's going to be held at the one stadium I'm banned for life from...
What happened here? :lol:

Last edited:

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
Seems like the most reasonable choice? It was always going to be either New York or LA like every WC tournament, final is hosted in the most well known big city.

Looks like a good stadium too. Where else would they host it? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._stadiums_by_capacity going by highest capacity / major city, MetLife seems the best choice here.

What happened here? :lol:
The Super Bowl was a disaster here. Th

The Super Bowl here was a logistical nightmare. People showed up late because of the public transportation not being up to
par. That hasn’t changed. And it’s not a nice stadium at all for the money spent. It is dull, confusing, and boring. Sofi should have been picked which would have been perfect. There must have been a lot of pressure from Manhattan to get this done in NJ. I would say some big favors have been called in.

Fr. Todd Unctious

The Super Bowl here was a logistical nightmare. People showed up late because of the public transportation not being up to
par. That hasn’t changed. And it’s not a nice stadium at all for the money spent. It is dull, confusing, and boring. Sofi should have been picked which would have been perfect. There must have been a lot of pressure from Manhattan to get this done in NJ. I would say some big favors have been called in.

FIFA weren't happy with the dimensions of SoFi in terms of holding the final. So much so Kronke threatened to pull SoFi from the WC entirely. US are playing their opening game in LA so guessing that was to appease Kronke.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
FIFA weren't happy with the dimensions of SoFi in terms of holding the final. So much so Kronke threatened to pull SoFi from the WC entirely. US are playing their opening game in LA so guessing that was to appease Kronke.
Honestly, I’m happy because I get to go live to matches but it will be a little embarrassing when the world sees the venue. For a final.

RoyH1

From all the amazing stadia in the US and they choose MetLife. The only reason is that it's in NY. Sofi, Dallas, Atlanta would all have been better choices (maybe Dallas has the lack of public transportation going against it).

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
From all the amazing stadia in the US and they choose MetLife. The only reason is that it's in NY. Sofi, Dallas, Atlanta would all have been better choices (maybe Dallas has the lack of public transportation going against it).
MetLife technically isn't even NY but New Jersey, just like AT&T isn't technically Dallas but rather Arlington.

But yeah, SoFi, AT&T, Mercedes Benz, Allegiant, Lucas Oil, NRG, US Bank, ... would all have been better picks. But no one wants the final of the World Cup to be in Minneapolis or Indianapolis when you have world famous cities like NY and LA vying for the final.

RoyH1

MetLife technically isn't even NY but New Jersey, just like AT&T isn't technically Dallas but rather Arlington.

But yeah, SoFi, AT&T, Mercedes Benz, Allegiant, Lucas Oil, NRG, US Bank, ... would all have been better picks. But no one wants the final of the World Cup to be in Minneapolis or Indianapolis when you have world famous cities like NY and LA vying for the final.
I know that. So many people in Jersey btw are rioting due to all the press material saying its in New York. LFMAO. That's just the way the world works.

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
I'd heard that the stadium wasn't designed with soccer in mind so the field/seating is tight. So that's makes sense on some level.
Great looking venue though. I've been a few times for various events and it's quite something. No public transportation either though.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
I'd heard that the stadium wasn't designed with soccer in mind so the field/seating is tight. So that's makes sense on some level.
Great looking venue though. I've been a few times for various events and it's quite something. No public transportation either though.
Kroenke not having soccer in mind sounds about right.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Atlanta (Marietta actually) or Dallas (Arlington actually) is the more logical choice and better venue with the retractable roof options. Not surprised the organizers and committees fecked it up.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters

How many US cities have public transportation up to anything much? Not very many is the answer

vadimivich

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Atlanta (Marietta actually) or Dallas (Arlington actually) is the more logical choice and better venue with the retractable roof options. Not surprised the organizers and committees fecked it up.
Mercedes-Benz Stadium is in Atlanta proper, it's the baseball stadium that is out of the city (technically, ATL has very strange borders)

Eddy_JukeZ

The new L.A. stadium would have been awesome. That venue is stunning. They really missed the mark on this.
I also would have thought they'd pick Sofi stadium. Might be the best venue in the world to be honest.

MetLife is way better than Miami/Vegas like someone else said, but I think there were way better stadiums available.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
Mercedes-Benz Stadium is in Atlanta proper, it's the baseball stadium that is out of the city (technically, ATL has very strange borders)
Traffic jams in downtown Atlanta are bad enough as it is without adding footie fans to the mix!

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I'd love to go to this World Cup, how early do people usually prep for them?

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
Well, they are putting grass down instead of the turf for the matches. The Giants and Jets will screaming for it to stay afterwards.