United's biggest problem - Our spoiled and overly entitled fan base

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
It is a known fact that the Glazers have drained about 1 Billion from the club and have also taken loans against United shares for their own prosperity.

Our current debt was and still stands around 500 million.

This is not good too.

Sir Scott McToMinay

I am more worried about our spoiled and overly entitled players.
He probably thinks our squad is filled with world class players in every position, who should all be on 300k pw because we’re the biggest club in the world, and it’s just due to poor luck we’ve become a higher mid-table team, we’ll be taking City and Liverpool off their perch every second now.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
He probably thinks our squad is filled with world class players in every position, who should all be on 300k pw because we’re the biggest club in the world, and it’s just due to poor league we’ve become a higher mid-table team, we’ll be taking City and Liverpool off their perch every second now.
I am happy with us signing young players, just worried if Ole thinks our experienced players are the ones to lead them, we don't have a Keane or a Cantona or Robson. If that makes me spoilt, then I am spoilt.

tjb

I agree with this thread. Our fans are sooo impatient and easily media coerced. They say we should spend since money is no issue, yet bash the club for paying 50m for fred. They csay we have spent badly, yet say the glazers are squeezing us dry. Personally i feel we hired the wrong managers, particularly the last two. Moyes was bad, but he would have had a mind to rebuild if allowed. The other two talked of rebuilds but werr more interested in quick fixes to enhance their legacies. Be patient, let us rebuild and stop worrying about how it might look next season when the plan is to build past that

Bwuk

It’s not our biggest problem but it really does my head in.

People who haven’t or won’t ever step foot in Old Trafford yet thinks their opinion actually matters in the grand scheme of things.

So many of the United football Twitter accounts are so entitled it does my head in.

Le Red

People who haven’t or won’t ever step foot in Old Trafford yet thinks their opinion actually matters in the grand scheme of things.

So many of the United football Twitter accounts are so entitled it does my head in.
Or the pedantic and arrogant people who think their opinion matters because they have the privilege of watching games at the OT.

Le Red

There's a difference between supporting Manchester United or Glazer FC. At this point, people who still don't understand this probably never will.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
It's fast becoming a product, if it already isn't.
Yep, especially when the Glazers try monetise every part of the club. They actively encourage sm activity. It goes both ways I’m afraid.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
He probably thinks our squad is filled with world class players in every position, who should all be on 300k pw because we’re the biggest club in the world, and it’s just due to poor luck we’ve become a higher mid-table team, we’ll be taking City and Liverpool off their perch every second now.
I’m really looking forward to us finishing above Liverpool next year!

R'hllor

Damn right, only opinions that matters are opinions of those cnuts who taking pictures of Dybala while we losing 1:0. Customers for life.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
I used to think that old farts were being old farts but they were probably stating the truth, Football Manager and FIFA ruined the youth.:lol:
That OR maybe you’ve gotten old and belong to the old farts category? Just playing devil’s advocate.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
There’s some people on here who seem bewildered that the “protest” would have 20 people at most. If this pertains to you, go away and realise you don’t know how most United supporters feel right now and have a re-evaluation about your status as a supporter.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
There’s some people on here who seem bewildered that the “protest” would have 20 people at most. If this pertains to you, go away and realise you don’t know how most United supporters feel right now and have a re-evaluation about your status as a supporter.
Yes, you speak for them all don't you? Jesus..

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
I agree with the entire post more or less, except for the point where you say we're operating in the right way, where I feel we need a DoF.

Our fans have lost the ability to think rationally and anything we do is met with moans and groans. We sign a superstar- and our response is "He's just here for the money. How many times have we tried this in the last few years and this tactic has failed miserably". We sign a youth player:" Other teams are buying from Bayerns and Madrids, whereas we are buying from Championship sides". We sign a free agent/get a bargain and that is met with "Glazers are just trying to save money."
We gave managers the freedom to sign players and then we abused the club of not thinking for the future, not having a long term plan. When Ed refused (and rightly so) the transfer exits of Shaw, Pogba and Martial and arrivals of Willian, Boateng and the likes, we abused the club of interfering in the manager's job.

For someone on the outside, it's near impossible to understand what our fans even want. We've become so obsessed with hating the club and the owners that anything the club does, a player or a manager does is seen with skepticism like "Donating 1% of salary for Common Goal- He's just saving tax".

Look at Ole's example. For the first time since post Fergie, the manager is signing players looking at the long term. The players who will be here for years irrespective who the manager is 10 years later unlike signings of Matic, Ibra, Schweinsteiger, etc. who were short term fixes. At the very least, the side he'll leave behind is not going to be looking at a major overhaul because half the side is in 30s or on the wrong side of the age curve.
We werent so bad for a team in transition from a 26 years reigning don ferguson. What's long in our eyes (6 years) is a miniscule in the long run curve of history. Sadly even when we won quite alot during our barren year it seems that everything is bad, worse, and united needs to be razed to ground and start from scratch.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
Our fans are less entitled and less demanding than Barca and Madrid’s. Bayern fans are also in that category. They are still very successful.

Quite a number of Juventus fans are fed up with a manager who won them league titles but failures in CL mean he’s gone and many were calling for it.

So nah. This thread is made by another... wait for it....

TOP RED. #fifadab yeah that dab is sarcastic before these party animals (not) actually take it seriously and start drafting their essay tosupport their #fifagenerationKilledFOOTBALL argument.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
Kind of half agree with OP.

There does also seem to be a bit of an agenda from the media at the moment as well. Every day on talksport United are being discussed negatively: graveyard for young players, AWB cost too much, James not good enough, Ole not good enough etc etc.

United are always the biggest draw regardless of how poor they are, who would have thought City just won a domestic treble, the kopites a champs league. No one is talking about them because no one cares, United are bigger news.

All the doom and gloom is over egged and peddled by the media, its no where near as bad as its being reported.

There are issues at the club but there are issues at every other club that don't get highlighted because it's not Manchester United.
Media are just a mirror. They trawl sites like this, get the feel of what the fans wants to read, and write those.

I dont blame them. If I'm looking for clicks i know exactly what I'll write, and it aint pretty because the fans arent pretty.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
Our fans are less entitled and less demanding than Barca and Madrid’s. Bayern fans are also in that category. They are still very successful.

Quite a number of Juventus fans are fed up with a manager who won them league titles but failures in CL mean he’s gone and many were calling for it.

So nah. This thread is made by another... wait for it....

TOP RED.
Barca and Madrid fans directs their angers at players. We direct ours at everything other than them. They dont cry to sell the club because they didnt spend hundreds of millions.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
We werent so bad for a team in transition from a 26 years reigning don ferguson. What's long in our eyes (6 years) is a miniscule in the long run curve of history. Sadly even when we won quite alot during our barren year it seems that everything is bad, worse, and united needs to be razed to ground and start from scratch.
Obviously. I wouldn't say that the players we signed weren't good. Its just that we signed them without having a clear idea of what their role would be and how it would complement the roles of other players in the side. For that I do blame the club

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
Obviously. I wouldn't say that the players we signed weren't good. Its just that we signed them without having a clear idea of what their role would be and how it would complement the roles of other players in the side. For that I do blame the club
The club has 1 plan from the beginning, a very simple plan. Pick a manager and back them with funds. Which is what we all want post fergie back then.

Sadly it didnt work out, but i see the club's intention.

Good intention, bad execution, probably bad luck along the way.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
The club has 1 plan from the beginning, a very simple plan. Pick a manager and back them with funds. Which is what we all want post fergie back then.

Agreed and that's what I had said initially. Although, I'll prefer it if we sign a DoF who decides the manager and signs players after discussing with the manager ofcourse. The reason for that is that if we are to change managers every 2-3 years, it's better that they have the similar outlook of the game, an outlook that matches ours- else we'll be looking at a rebuild job every time we change managers because the new manager cannot fit existing players into his side

Sir Scott McToMinay

Of course we were, we’ve been absolutely horrific the last 6 years, and it happened because there was no plan in place, for life after SAF, who was a phenomenal football manager, but he wasn’t a god
With good planning in place we should’ve been up there challenging for the league for most of these seasons.

We haven’t won a single trophy because of some progress or improvement in the team, we’ve beaten teams we should’ve been beating.
I’m glad we’ve won the FA cup and the EL, but we would’ve been in a far better place as a team, if we were finishing second or third every season, it would’ve shows there’s progress and we’re not that far off.

It didn’t work out because it’s a stupid plan, we are not in the 1980s.

Keefy18

@Wumminator - Fantastic OP! Absolutely spot on!

Our fan base is spoiled rotten to its core, self entitled, toxic and full of idiotic cliches about the club!

Most seem to think we are a club that has a divine right to titles, as our history shows we've won titles consistently... No we haven't! Not anything even close to it!

Over the course of 140 year history and 26 managers we've had 2 undoubted successful managers and in a distant 3rd place, Ernest Mangnall and that is over 100 years ago!

Most everything else in between has been a mix of smack bang average to woefully poor and failing to succeed.

Only recently on the "we are so fecked" thread I got dogs abuse for daring to suggest to give James time! The reaction to it was quite an aggressive suggestion that we couldn't possibly of signed a worse player and it was a woeful bit of business.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
Of course we were, we’ve been absolutely horrific the last 6 years, and it happened because there was no plan in place, for life after SAF, who was a phenomenal football manager, but he wasn’t a god
With good planning in place we should’ve been up there challenging for the league for most of these seasons.

We haven’t won a single trophy because of some progress or improvement in the team, we’ve beaten teams we should’ve been beating.
I’m glad we’ve won the FA cup and the EL, but we would’ve been in a far better place as a team, if we were finishing second or third every season, it would’ve shows there’s progress and we’re not that far off.

We're in this clusterfeck, the biggest blame and the biggest critical mistakes was appointing David fecking Moyes, and that's on fergie.

The rest is just domino effect.

And it wasnt a stupid plan. We're harping about how manchester united values manager during fergie last season.

Almost every signing both manager and players are generally met with approval from the fans but when it doesn't work out we lump it all on ed as if we knew it all along.

redIndianDevil

I don't understand why a set of dumb idiots on Twitter speak for such a huge fan base. If anything we have the most patient fanbase among the top clubs. I see fans applauding managers even after its clear the said manager is past it or clueless.

Keefy18

First bit, wouldn't that be on David Gill then? He was the CEO at the time and tucked tail and ran the minute Ferguson did! He was a fraud and lived off the back of his hard work and talent!

The league is a completely different animal now your right but outside of City, Spurs have been the most consistent. Chelsea win a league and drop to 6th or the like. Arsenal are consistently fighting for 4th at best.

Liverpool have improved the last 2 seasons alright and it'll be interesting to see if they can keep that up into next year.

With the equal share in TV revenues now its become an incredibly competitive league and sustaining a challenge is extremely difficult.

Josep Dowling

@Wumminator - Fantastic OP! Absolutely spot on!

Our fan base is spoiled rotten to its core, self entitled, toxic and full of idiotic cliches about the club!

Most seem to think we are a club that has a divine right to titles, as our history shows we've won titles consistently... No we haven't! Not anything even close to it!

Over the course of 140 year history and 26 managers we've had 2 undoubted successful managers and in a distant 3rd place, Ernest Mangnall and that is over 100 years ago!

Most everything else in between has been a mix of smack bang average to woefully poor and failing to succeed.

Only recently on the "we are so fecked" thread I got dogs abuse for daring to suggest to give James time! The reaction to it was quite an aggressive suggestion that we couldn't possibly of signed a worse player and it was a woeful bit of business.
The point you are missing though is we have the advantage now of having large resources to push on. We should have maintained our status as the best club in England and we simply haven’t.

To suggest the fans are the biggest issue is ridiculous. Old Trafford is full every game, it’s very rare you see them booing or jeering. Even Mourinho was backed to the bitter end by the Stretford End.

Barcelona and Real fans pull out handkerchiefs if their losing at home. Booed Ronaldo when he was the best player in the world. I was at the game after Barcelona lost 4-0 to PSG and the home crowd jeered Luís Enrique the entire match. He won the treble the season before.

Our problem is not the fans. The fans are angry because we are being run very badly. We have the resources to compete and we aren’t because of poor management. Our net spend was nothing last season and so far we are stuttering to get any transfers over the line. And any heavy links are players who aren’t an improvement on what we already have.

We are labelled as the fecking biggest club in the world. Why don’t we act like it then.

Flexdegea

100% agree with this.

Supported United my whole life, in a supporters club, and at the moment I feel like their is a huge chunk of our support who are running liverpool fans close for being the most annoying hard to listen too base about.

Some of the stuff about rashford is nuts...........almost reads like troll material

Keefy18

The point you are missing though is we have the advantage now of having large resources to push on. We should have maintained our status as the best club in England and we simply haven’t.

To suggest the fans are the biggest issue is ridiculous. Old Trafford is full every game, it’s very rare you see them booing or jeering. Even Mourinho was backed to the bitter end by the Stretford End.

Barcelona and Real fans pull out handkerchiefs if their losing at home. Booed Ronaldo when he was the best player in the world. I was at the game after Barcelona lost 4-0 to PSG and the home crowd jeered Luís Enrique the entire match. He won the treble the season before.

Our problem is not the fans. The fans are angry because we are being run very badly. We have the resources to compete and we aren’t because of poor management. Our net spend was nothing last season and so far we are stuttering to get any transfers over the line. And any heavy links are players who aren’t an improvement on what we already have.

We are labelled as the fecking biggest club in the world. Why don’t we act like it then.
I'm not missing the point, you are.

The equal share of money in TV rights has improved a lot of clubs in various ways weather its buying better players, improving training facilities or backroom staff and creating well drilled teams.

We couldn't maintain our status as the best cause the likes of City swooping in with their billions among others. What was a top 4 has become a top 6! Now the top 6 are being threatened by the likes of Everton, West Ham & Wolves trying to break into that bracket as well.

There's no point in comparing us to Real or Barca cause they "compete" (use the term very generously) in a joke league where Real have finished 3rd the last 2 seasons in a 2 horse race.

Another incredible little bit of information pointed out to me recently by another supporter of ours, the price of Lukaku & Pogba is more than what Real had spent between their 3 summer transfer windows of 2015/16, 16/17 & 17/18 but all we get from our spoiled brat fan base is spend, spend spend.

Our fans by and large are utter clowns and believe in sentimentality that is largely untrue.

Last edited:

Josep Dowling

I'm not missing the point, you are.

The equal share of money in TV rights has improved a lot of clubs in various ways weather its buying better players, improving training facilities or backroom staff and creating well drilled teams.

We couldn't maintain our status as the best cause the likes of City swooping in with their billions among others. What was a top 4 has become a top 6! Now the top 6 are being threatened by the likes of Everton, West Ham & Wolves trying to break into that bracket as well.

There's no point in comparing us to Real or Barca cause they "compete" (use the term very generously) in a joke league where Real have finished 3rd the last 2 seasons in a 2 horse race.

Another incredible little bit of information pointed out to me recently by another supporter of ours, the price of Lukaku & Pogba is more than what Real had spent between their 3 summer transfer windows of 2015/16, 16/17 & 17/18 but all we get from our spoiled brat fan base is spend, spend spend.

Our fans by and large are utter clowns and believe in sentimentality that is largely untrue.
Real have pretty much made up for their lack of spending this summer. And let’s not forget they were saving money to refurbish the stadium and won 3 Champions Leagues in a row. They hardly needed to tinker with the squad.

We spend money but spend it very badly that’s my issue. And we are doing it yet again buying ‘potential’ when the potential we are buying aren’t even the best in the league. It makes absolutely no sense to me.

Kopral Jono

If anything our fans are too lenient. Goodness me, some folks really need to get off their high horses.

roykeane19

Fans are way too lenient, all the other proper big clubs like bayern, madrid and barcelona, who we are meant to be as big as , would never have accepted our shit finishes the last few years

kthanksbye

Our biggest problem is the way our club has been run since SAF called it a day, everything else is somehow a result of that.