United's biggest problem - Our spoiled and overly entitled fan base

Hawks2008

Even worse than the moaners are the moral grandstanders. So much top red bullshit and self jerking in one post. The audacity to call out other supporters as spoiled/entitled and the club's "biggest problem" when you were chief moaner for the entirety of Mourinho's time here. To talk about getting behind the team and the coacb when you were against Mourinho and his signings from day 1. You have no leg go stand on to say such things about the fanbase. Hypocrisy.

But yeah, hiring an ex player and some homegrown kids in the door. Everything is rosy.

I Am Zlatan

Yeah, so we should be on top of teams like city, Liverpool, Tottenham and on par with Barca, real, Bayern, etc but we are spoiled for not liking finishing 7th, 4th, 6th and god knows where next season.. we should wait some eternity to rebuild as if no other big team needs to rebuild

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Even worse than the moaners are the moral grandstanders. So much top red bullshit and self jerking in one post. The audacity to call out other supporters as spoiled/entitled and the club's "biggest problem" when you were chief moaner for the entirety of Mourinho's time here. To talk about getting behind the team and the coacb when you were against Mourinho and his signings from day 1. You have no leg go stand on to say such things about the fanbase. Hypocrisy.

But yeah, hiring an ex player and some homegrown kids in the door. Everything is rosy.
Please show me where I was relentlessly negative when Mourinho come in? Before the appointment I was dead set against the man as I thought he lacked class, would play shit football and have us doing terribly within three years. Instead of calling me a hypocrite, take away that everything I said turned out to be right and I might know a little bit about this footballing stuff.

C'est Moi Cantona

Fans are way too lenient, all the other proper big clubs like bayern, madrid and barcelona, who we are meant to be as big as , would never have accepted our shit finishes the last few years
It's weird, the only conclusion is that some fans are enjoying our current demise, or enjoying telling other fans that they're 'moaning glory hunters' way too much anyway.

If there was tangible progress on the pitch, a change in the regime at the top, even just investment in the stadium, then there's something there to get behind, but there is nothing, they don't want to change, so the same outcome will likely follow.

Last edited:

red thru&thru

The fans base has nothing to do with our problem. Our fan base has more patience than other giant clubs fan base. Now imagine if Real Madrid or Barcelona went on such a bad run in 6 years. If anything, I think our fans are too soft on the club, the manager and the players.
This. Imagine accepting mediocrity with no signs of improving.

Allas8

It's weird, the only conclusion is that some fans are enjoying our current demise, or enjoying telling other fans that they're 'moaning glory hunters' way too much anyway.
Have you ever considered that our current long term rebuild project might actually succeed. There are forces out ther that desperately want United to fail, and once United start making smart long term decisions, they will try to pit the fan base against the club, tearing down what ever progress has been made, forcing the club to continuously start from scratch.

Good news is, atleast the local match going fans will be sticking with the club, if a bunch of twats on twitter goes support Real Madrid or Tottenham, we will be fine.

Rista

Please show me where I was relentlessly negative when Mourinho come in? Before the appointment I was dead set against the man as I thought he lacked class, would play shit football and have us doing terribly within three years. Instead of calling me a hypocrite, take away that everything I said turned out to be right and I might know a little bit about this footballing stuff.
So what happens if Ole and his championship signings fail, will the negativity have been justified then?

Mourinho won us a European trophy and finished 2nd with this squad which apparently now many think is a miracle. Basically moaning is OK if you "know stuff" which everyone thinks they do.

Bestietom

We are entitled as fans, to moan if things are not going well.We are putting our hard earned money into this club and the Glazers are taking it out. These are the ones fans should be questioning.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
So what happens if Ole and his championship signings fail, will the negativity have been justified then?

Mourinho won us a European trophy and finished 2nd with this squad which apparently now many think is a miracle. Basically moaning is OK if you "know stuff" which everyone thinks they do.
If Ole fails then yes, we can justifiably start to looking at change.

But Ole is a legend at the club, already starting little quips about 'championship signings' shows just a level of negativity that isn't justified at all. He hasn't finished his first full transfer window yet and you don't know who he is going to sign.

For now, there is no reason to be mad at Ole or to doubt his signings.

Mourinho was a cnut before he come to United, he was a cnut during his time at United. United fans had spent years hating him and singing songs taunting him at Old Trafford. It was always going to be a hard sell to get fans on board. Many like me really tried, but it didn't work out.

C'est Moi Cantona

Have you ever considered that our current long term rebuild project might actually succeed. There are forces out ther that desperately want United to fail, and once United start making smart long term decisions, they will try to pit the fan base against the club, tearing down what ever progress has been made, forcing the club to continuously start from scratch.

Good news is, atleast the local match going fans will be sticking with the club, if a bunch of twats on twitter goes support Real Madrid or Tottenham, we will be fine.
Post like this sound ridiculous.

If you think the same regime that has overseen so many mistakes, so many bad decisions, is suddenly about to get it right, then you're just the type that falls for all the rubbish Woodward feeds to the press, there is no 'project', it's just another desperate throw of the dice to see if something will finally stick.

Bojan11

Barca and Madrid fans directs their angers at players. We direct ours at everything other than them. They dont cry to sell the club because they didnt spend hundreds of millions.
What?

Barca and Real Fans direct their anger at everyone including the players. They call for the presidents to resign after constant failures. No president would last 6 years if they were running the club like Woodward. Woodward would have been gone after the first year, when he paid more for a player that had a release clause early on in the summer for less.

Rista

If Ole fails then yes, we can justifiably start to looking at change.

But Ole is a legend at the club, already starting little quips about 'championship signings' shows just a level of negativity that isn't justified at all. He hasn't finished his first full transfer window yet and you don't know who he is going to sign.

For now, there is no reason to be mad at Ole or to doubt his signings.

Mourinho was a cnut before he come to United, he was a cnut during his time at United. United fans had spent years hating him and singing songs taunting him at Old Trafford. It was always going to be a hard sell to get fans on board. Many like me really tried, but it didn't work out.
I didn't mean whether we can justifiably start to looking at change or not, of course we will. What I meant is if signing players from lower leagues does not turn out to be "operating in the right way" and if Ole turns out to be out of his depth, does that mean the negativity will have been justified becase the doubters were "right"? You were very critical of Mourinho but apparently Ole should be beyond criticism because he's a nice guy. I'm not sure which posts are serious anymore.

Keefy18

Real have pretty much made up for their lack of spending this summer. And let’s not forget they were saving money to refurbish the stadium and won 3 Champions Leagues in a row. They hardly needed to tinker with the squad.

We spend money but spend it very badly that’s my issue. And we are doing it yet again buying ‘potential’ when the potential we are buying aren’t even the best in the league. It makes absolutely no sense to me.
Not until they prove themselves, its just money spent at the moment. Success has to follow for it to be made up for.

As United supporters we should know better than any of late that spend doesn't automatically mean success. I'm doubtful Hazard will step up as he will be expected too. Jovic is a young kid and talented as he may be again its a huge, huge step up.

Even with 3 CL on the bounce, ZZ left due to not having funds to spend and has only returned now with the cheque book being opened again.

I don't think we've made a mistake this summer at all, how is buying talented young, hungry players a mistake?

We can't have it both ways in that we don't want superstar signings and don't want talented kids with potential.

James and AWB are steps in the right direction, we could do with some experience in there alright but I'm very happy with both signings and direction we are taking under Ole / Mike.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
I didn't mean whether we can justifiably start to looking at change or not, of course we will. What I meant is if signing players from lower leagues does not turn out to be "operating in the right way" and if Ole turns out to be out of his depth, does that mean the negativity will have been justified becase the doubters were "right"? You were very critical of Mourinho but apparently Ole should be beyond criticism because he's a nice guy. I'm not sure which posts are serious anymore.
It's not only because he's a legend. It's because the previous manager was a complete and utter failure, who pretty much vindicated anyone who had second thoughts about him. Those who think Ole is a bad appointment get to say I told you so if he fails as well.

Crashoutcassius

One thing that bothers me is some of the same posters moan 'if we had proper scouts we would have found' and list former championship players... and yet woo't entertain the idea of buying championship players or longstaff etc

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
You need to be seriously blindfolded to fail to see how fecking rotten Woodward’s management has been in this last 6 years.

The fecking Disneyland pitch he presented to Klopp and him refusing tells you all you need to know about how far we are behind the properly run football clubs of the world. But whatever floats your boat Mack.

Only one day to go from the Moyes’s original 6 years contract and the future is bright once again.
If you honestly think Klopp refused to take the job because of the Disneyland you need to get better sources of information.

Rusholme Ruffian

Trying to get another poster banned because you don't agree with him. Well knock me down with a feather.
God, comprehension of English is really not your strong point is it? Firstly, If I was trying to get him banned I'd contact an admin about it, and secondly it's nothing to do with not agreeing with him, and all about the damage done by bullshitting wind-up merchants.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
There's a difference in objections which is what my point was trying to prove. People didn't like Jose (justifiably in my mind/maybe not in yours) because of his demeanour not fitting in with what is accepted at United. Hence people like Bobby Charlton justifiably had reservations about his manner.

Whereas with Ole he exemplifies everything that United managers should be. Hard working, polite, respectful. So there's no reason to form these negative opinions. Especially when he improved results.

If he does go forward and not progress how we want, people can question him. But at least wait for his signings to come in before we go mental.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
God, your comprehension of English is really not your strong point is it? Firstly, If I was trying to get him banned I'd contact an admin about it, and secondly it's nothing to do with not agreeing with him, and all about the damage done by bullshitting wind-up merchants.
Here comes the famous Rusholme Ruffian backtrack. You basically hinted that he should be banned when all he did was share a differing opinion. Not sure what level of reading comprehension you think that takes. But then again that's your shtik: if someone doesn't agree with you call them names then accuse them of being wind-up merchants. Rinse repeat. Nothing to add to threads but you gladly chime in to reproduce your shtik. You're so transparent it genuinely makes me laugh.

Rusholme Ruffian

Here comes the famous Rusholme Ruffian backtrack. You basically hinted that he should be banned when all he did was share a differing opinion. Not sure what level of reading comprehension you think that takes. But then again that's your shtik: if someone doesn't agree with you call them names then accuse them of being wind-up merchants. Rinse repeat. Nothing to add to threads but you gladly chime in to reproduce your shtik. You're so transparent it genuinely makes me laugh.
It's well known that @Wumminator is Wum...hence the name. Soon it will be well known that you are a Glazer shill. Time has a habit of outing people for the fakes that they are.

Keefy18

Agreed!

Cause I dare offer a different opinion to him I'm a "shill".

Almost every comment he posts has no substance, its just name calling.

Kostov

If you honestly think Klopp refused to take the job because of the Disneyland you need to get better sources of information.
You are missing the point, Klopp obviously wasn’t convinced by Woodward’s pitch and chose Liverpool even though they had a smaller pull. We have been shambles under Woodward only the Glazers could argue otherwise.

The Siege

Honestly, OP is spot on for most of it. But it's true for the nature of social and modern media in general. Attention spans are going to go down, and with it, is patience. People feel a constant need to push edgy opinions to their 'audience', and negativity sells more than positivity until you've become a motivational speaker.

That said, we should be critical of certain aspects of the club that were mentioned. We've been miserable at selling players for incredulously long now, which even if I keep football aside, is just plain silly for an entity whose end goal is profitability. We're haphazard with transfers and lapped up stars who evidently had no plans to give us their all or who we had no idea how to use in the event of a tactical turnaround. Our managerial merry-go-round has not remotely helped and we've been trying to project indecisiveness as decisiveness. None of the fans trust Woodward, and they have reason not to.

Undeserved, sustained negativity is cancerous. But equally so is optimism without the acknowledgment of inadequacies.

Nanotron

@Wumminator One of the most stupid threads i have ever seen on here. I used to enjoy reading stuff on here but there has been a noticeable drop in standard lately. For example the post above v RR. Highlights the ignorance.

Kag

Our biggest problem is the way our club has been run since SAF called it a day, everything else is somehow a result of that.
How the club was run before Ferguson retired has been the bigger problem, actually. We’ve been fighting fires since the old man left. Fires only he could put out.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
While we have plenty of one and off field problems which have nothing to do with the attitude of our fans, however the state of the present day United supporter, especially the overly emotional ones, is really cringeworthy.

The whole "world is going to end" narrative some fans have drawn up has grown tiresome and is more 'embarassing' than the clubs actions themsleves. Here, we have people constantly pretending as if we're in some absolute historic low in the club's history which is laughably wrong. Even worse are the people who keep crying about Wolves and Leicester being better than us.

I criticise the club plenty myself and fans are absolutely correct in doing so. However, there has to be a line drawn somewhere when you cross over from rational criticism and into hysterical overreacting children.

R'hllor

Nobody can argue that those type of fans dont exists but them being our biggest problem!? Really?!

Keefy18

Are you on crack? I could find about 50 posts of yours calling United fans clowns, brats or arseholes. But that's to be expected from someone who isn't an actual United fan.
Folks constantly posting demands, what else am I to assume but an inherent bratty, spoiled attitude?

Gas, I've supported United longer than you've probably been alive.

But do carry on with your ridiculous and incorrect assumptions....

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Nobody can argue that those type of fans dont exists but them being our biggest problem!? Really?!
The point - which I could have phrased better - is that right now, we seem to be in a pretty positive place.

New signings coming in that clearly should improve us in key areas. Talk of a vision and planning in the long term. A legend as our manager. Owners who are splashing the cash. A lot of players who are no longer needed being shipped out.

It’s just we know these things will take time. So why not be positive and come along for the ride.

In the longer term, there may be a structural reshuffle, but we have no idea how it could work out.

SirAF

Ageist
The point - which I could have phrased better - is that right now, we seem to be in a pretty positive place.

New signings coming in that clearly should improve us in key areas. Talk of a vision and planning in the long term. A legend as our manager. Owners who are splashing the cash. A lot of players who are no longer needed being shipped out.

It’s just we know these things will take time. So why not be positive and come along for the ride.

In the longer term, there may be a structural reshuffle, but we have no idea how it could work out.
Wait until after the window before claiming that. 60 odd million is not splashing the cash in 2019. Also, there’s a ton of players that are needed to ship out.