Fairly mainstream opinion : Onana isn’t Fabrice Ondoa, or very good

We need an rvn

It's almost as though it takes people time to adapt to a new country, league etc. Who knew.
No joke, this is just the most sensible post which the majority of think when a foreign player comes in and has to adapt to the PL. we’ve got to give players time who aren’t used to playing in the PL.

Next season I’d like to see the £50m player though but that will come with a stable back four

PSV

Did we watch the same game? On mine he couldn't even pass a bowl of soup.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
He hasn't though has he? Incredible hyperbole.
He’s little to nothing good in most matches and cost us champions league football. You’re lying to yourself if you think he hasn’t been much cop since he came here

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
His best game for us and I was good against West Ham last week. Woudl love it if he somehow turned his fortunes around

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I wish he wouldn't dawdle on the ball and just get the attack moving quickly. Apart from that, he was fine today.
I’m pretty sure it’s mostly tactical. We want to draw them on and play through them.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
Did we watch the same game? On mine he couldn't even pass a bowl of soup.
yeah but even maradona was quoted as saying “i can do anything with a football, dribble it, shoot, smack it with my hand, but a bowl of soup? i don’t think i could do that.”

Ekeke

He's certainly had his problems settling and made some mistakes that were just like DDG before him. But he's still been in our top 6 or 7 players this season

UpWithRivers

First game I thought he could actually prove me wrong. Yes it wasn't a worldie performance but he acted like a keeper. His decisions, positioning, handling was spot in.

SAFMUTD

Great performance today, saved everything that was possible. My only concern it's he's not proactive on aerial duels. He seems glued to his line and teams are taking advantage of that.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Goodness gracious, let’s not get carried away! He was good, but he’s supposed to be good with his feet and he did nothing but kick it out of play. A couple of decent saves, a bit of luck too. He’s settling down and getting better but a way to go yet.
Who’s getting carried away? He was fantastic and I’ll call it as such, it’s ok if you disagree. If he’s shit next week, I’ll call it as such as well. Credit where it’s due, same as criticism. Made some vital saves, a couple at point blank as well.

AnotherLondonManc

His best game for us this season and it had nothing to do with his distribution. In fact, it was pretty poor today.

Again highlights how a good shot stopper is so much more important than a good passer in goal. He'll need to build on this if he's gonna make it here.

David De Gea

It was better than normal from him but I wouldn't be getting carried away based on that performance. None of the saves today were the sort you wouldn't expect the keeper to make but at least he made them, that's not always a given with him.

Even on those saves he does make my concerns about his technique are still valid. I've never seen a top keeper with whom it's seemingly so random where a save will go when it comes off him. It's just a pure lottery and hopefully his luck keeps up where its mostly bouncing off him at random angles away from the danger zone rather than in to it.

I also think with that free kick they attempted, teams are going to try target his unorthodoxy and go for those big gaphise's so fond of leaving or count on him losing the flight of one through a crowd as he's prone to.

Beckham77

Enjoyed watching him today. His handling all day was superb. One in particular he held that was going top corner was very good.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
He saved our asses so many times today, great performance. His passing was off a few times was the only negative

Stadjer

It was better than normal from him but I wouldn't be getting carried away based on that performance. None of the saves today were the sort you wouldn't expect the keeper to make but at least he made them, that's not always a given with him.

Even on those saves he does make my concerns about his technique are still valid. I've never seen a top keeper with whom it's seemingly so random where a save will go when it comes off him. It's just a pure lottery and hopefully his luck keeps up where its mostly bouncing off him at random angles away from the danger zone rather than in to it.

I also think with that free kick they attempted, teams are going to try target his unorthodoxy and go for those big gaphise's so fond of leaving or count on him losing the flight of one through a crowd as he's prone to.
Dave, you are not getting resigned. Onana had a good game.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
Who’s getting carried away? He was fantastic and I’ll call it as such, it’s ok if you disagree. If he’s shit next week, I’ll call it as such as well. Credit where it’s due, same as criticism. Made some vital saves, a couple at point blank as well.
He is disqualified from ’fantastic’ by not keeping a clean sheet. Credit where it’s due indeed, he did well. He was ‘good’. He wasn’t ‘fantastic’. This wasn’t a CL final level performance.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
His best game for us this season and it had nothing to do with his distribution. In fact, it was pretty poor today.

Again highlights how a good shot stopper is so much more important than a good passer in goal. He'll need to build on this if he's gonna make it here.
This is a very fair post. I agree this was his best game for us, but that’s a low bar!

Trophy Room

He made some good saves but you would expect a United keeper to do that. My biggest issue with him is that he does not command his box.

Matt Varnish

This is a very fair post. I agree this was his best game for us, but that’s a low bar!
He had to make on good save today, which he managed to do.
The rest were what you'd expect, noone can fail to stop a ball coming straight at you.
I've noticed that he's started trying to make even the eay stops look difficult by going to cround and clutching the ball.
His distribution today was Sunday league standard.

Red Bilko

Last Man Standing Hard Mode champion 2023/24
He made some half decent saves, but nothing you wouldn't expect a Premier League keeper to be able to make. Got to say it's an improvement, the fact he didn't make any silly mistakes today.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
He is disqualified from ’fantastic’ by not keeping a clean sheet. Credit where it’s due indeed, he did well. He was ‘good’. He wasn’t ‘fantastic’. This wasn’t a CL final level performance.
:lol:

Guapa

Slightly more competent lately but still a long way to to convince me.Anyway good performance today, keep it up.

massey

He saved our asses so many times today, great performance. His passing was off a few times was the only negative
His glove work was more solid today and was actually catching stuff instead of double fisting it back into dangerous areas,I'd actually trade his passing being off for being an actual goalkeeper tbh as he's still good in control of the ball anyway even if keeping it simple.