Unpopular Opinion - The Overrated N'Golo Kante

lawliet354

Mr Herrera is levels clear
Herrera is so last year, now Fred is waaay better, and also the next CM we buy will also be better than Kante. Just some overrated match-winning interception merchant is not what we need.

In all seriousness, he's been one of my favorite since his Leicester day, looks like the dip in the performance is down to Lampard and Sarri after all

hmchan

This game pretty much proves the notion that Kante has to play CDM wrong. He's much more useful in an advanced position and Sarri and Lampard were right after all. So no more excuse for hia terrible performance over the last few years and accept the fact that he only performs in big games.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
I love him so much. This was in the 85th minute of a game we were winning, while he's fasting.

The "assist" stat can be so misleading. Kante made this goal 100%.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
The OP didn't age well at all ;)

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Huge loss for Chelsea today. Kovacic and Jorginho both statues in there v us.

Kovacic very lucky not to be sent off aswell.

He'sRaldo

He's quite good isn't he? Bossing a CL final.

If he wins this game he'll have won the lot in football, in spectacular fashion.

Cloud7

Everytime this thread gets bumped I’m reminded of how stupid it is. One of the worst threads on here.

NoneBmStore

Beautiful to watch really. Rarely looses the ball and just does everything all game

Foxbatt

Everyone knew that from the time of SAF we needed to upgrade the midfield. Yet we let him join Chelsea.

Cloud7

Brilliant trophy cabinet. Superb player, but one given his profile probably won’t be remembered in 20 years.
He was one of the most important players in Leicester winning the PL. Key cog in France winning the World Cup. Right now he’s putting in a MOTM performance in a CL final. I’d say there’s a solid chance he will be remembered as one of the finest defensive minded midfielders of his generation.

He was one of the most important players in Leicester winning the PL. Key cog in France winning the World Cup. Right now he’s putting in a MOTM performance in a CL final. I’d say there’s a solid chance he will be remembered as one of the finest defensive minded midfielders of his generation.
I’ve said he’s brilliant. Just that with his low profile, I think that will affect how he’s remembered in the future. It’s a moot point, as we are taking about 20 years time.

Cloud7

I’ve said he’s brilliant. Just that with his low profile, I think that will affect how he’s remembered in the future. It’s a moot point, as we are taking about 20 years time.
Oh I get that, I’m just saying I think he’ll be remembered more fondly. For example, I fail to see what the likes of Keane and Viera have achieved that Kante hasn’t.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
What a player

one of the great midfielders of the last decade

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Fantastic player who just goes about his business every game without fuss. Wish we had him.

Bwuk

Big game winner.

The Fred comparisons are hilarious.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Great player, his story is unreal. Last 5-6 years is sort of dream for him.

Then Mendy too, unreal how everything changed for him.

Zoo

He made every other midfielder on the pitch look spectacularly ordinary.

El Jefe

The funny thing is the next big game he doesn't turn up the usual suspects will be bumping this thread saying he's overrated. There's an irrational dislike of Kante from a section of the caf and its quite frankly laughable.

One of the best CMs I've ever seen.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
CL, EL, PL and WC. Would be insane if he adds the Euros this summer — has anyone ever done that?

Pow

Supports
Chelsea
I cannot possibly be more in love with anyone than this man. World class.

Irwin99

One of the best ball winners I've ever seen. Definitely a legend of the game with his performances and what he's won. Seems a great guy as well.

Drygon

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Kante has always been a top class player.

Anyone calling him "overrated" is moronic...