"Up to 11 players now want to leave United after becoming disillusioned with life at the club."

lefty_jakobz

I ❤️ moses
People can blame Ole or Jose or Ralf if you like but the current debacle is happening under Maguire's watch, all the leaks, the poor body language, the shitty post game comments. If he cared about the role he didn't earn he should be trying to settle them down.
I agree with this but do you think he commands any respect from the majority of that squad?

The problem is over paying for an average player and immediately handing him the arm band when he’s done nothing to earn it.

RR should get ruthless and tell the board to start selling off those misfits, replace them with players from the academy atleast they will be open to being coached.

acnumber9

Our players simply are unable to match a side like Wolves in possession and passing, we haven't trained or focused on that kind of play for a couple of years and we seem completely incapable of pressing so the pass circles round us. Ralf can tell them what to do but if they are scared of being in possession and not willing to press it's not going to go well. The other approach is to say who cares about possession and play like Mourinho and most fans hated that.

To improve our sloppy play, poor pressing, poor ball retention etc. will take months of training.
But Wolves haven’t always played like that. It didn’t take Bruno Lage months of training to play that way. I don’t expect a magic wand but I also don’t expect us to be this bad either. We create nothing. We aren’t scoring goals and our defence still crumbles under pressure. It isn’t good enough.

acnumber9

Let’s at least give him some time to see what happens, shall we? Seems more than fair as opposed to constantly backing the players who are the only consistent in the past 5/6/7 years.

The same players who cannot find their teammates after the manager has done everything he can do to influence the team.

I know where my support lies at this present time.
I’m not backing the players. Most can go and I wouldn’t miss them. I expect a manager with his supposed credentials to do a better job than we’re seeing.

mancsarered

Club in absolute shambles. If I see the fecking social media team post another goal from 2007 or some shite while all these reports leak, I'm going to lose my mind.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
For me
Dave, Hannibal, Varane, Sancho, Amad, Elenga and Greenwood.
The rest, please feck off.

jem

They can seriously feck right off. I'll take a mid-table finish with young, hungry players if it helps clear out the rot. All this talk of them wanting Conte - they would've been complaining within days. Absolute cretins!

sparx99

One of the tweets/reports today said the training ground felt "Oppressive" was the one that stood out to me. I'm pretty sure they're not behind barbwire being forced to train, what a stupid way to describe it, some of the players live on a different planet.
Oppressive is the right description if the players aren’t getting on with each other. It doesn’t have to mean the club is creating that atmosphere. Just another way of describing it as a miserable place to be.

Anustart89

I bet these cnuts are disappointed that they didn’t get Conte as their new manager because they thought they deserved a big name, but they would not have been happy with him expecting some intensity from them either.

I’m firmly team Ralf on this. Get everyone who doesn’t want to stay (and can accept lower wages to get their wishes fulfilled) the feck out and start over. We’re not going to be challenging for the title over the next three years, so might as well start over with a new one that might challenge in four years rather than this group that definitely won’t.

K Stand Knut

I’m not backing the players. Most can go and I wouldn’t miss them. I expect a manager with his supposed credentials to do a better job than we’re seeing.

After 6 weeks??

You don’t see that as being a little bit unfair?
Especially in light of the clear issues with the players in the squad.

Infra-red

I bet these cnuts are disappointed that they didn’t get Conte as their new manager because they thought they deserved a big name, but they would not have been happy with him expecting some intensity from them either.

I’m firmly team Ralf on this. Get everyone who doesn’t want to stay (and can accept lower wages to get their wishes fulfilled) the feck out and start over. We’re not going to be challenging for the title over the next three years, so might as well start over with a new one that might challenge in four years rather than this group that definitely won’t.
Conte would have killed half of them by now. His training sessions are renowned for their intensity and Spurs lead the running statistics since he took over. The players who can't be bothered to run for Rangnick would not have enjoyed life under Conte either.

I hope the club backs Rangnick - if a player won't run for his manager, he has no place at United.

Heinzesight

I've reached the point where I wouldn't be sad to see anyone from this group of players leave the club, except for Greenwood maybe. They can all feck off, I'll even drive them to their new clubs.
Just don’t pick them up when it’s dark…we know these pampered pricks don’t like driving once the sun goes down.

Revaulx

I hope the players are self aware enough to understand how this all looks from the outside
From the state of him in that interview I’m fairly certain that Shaw does, and acknowledges that there’s no point in sugar coating it.

Some of them clearly believe that running to the press will get them sympathy. If the CAF is to be taken as a representative sample of the fan base, that hasn’t exactly worked…

Manny

Grammar Police
One of the roles a captain should do is be the manager on the pitch and keep the team in check in the dressing room.

There are problems everywhere at the moment but Ralf needs a few players on his side if he is going to survive.
Rio talks about this a lot. How the dressing room would effectively be run by the senior players and the manager wouldn't need to be too involved.

Not sure how effective that would be with the current younger players and their inflated egos.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
Conte would have killed half of them by now. His training sessions are renowned for their intensity and Spurs lead the running statistics since he took over. The players who can't be bothered to run for Rangnick would not have enjoyed life under Conte either.

I hope the club backs Rangnick - if a player won't run for his manager, he has no place at United.
People need to calm down. These aren't bad players or unmotivated people. There's a reason for all this. The reason is Gegenpress.

It will take months to get it right and half the players won't fit the system, including some big names like Maguire, de Gea, Ronaldo, Cavani. So of course they are upset about that. The club has switched to a new system without asking them and they are now on the receiving end of the problems that creates. Many of the players who can't adapt to the system are on borrowed time unless they can kill Ralf now.

So of course many of those players wish it had been Conte. He doesn't use a high press.

But there really is no other way. We just have to accept twelve months of transition, very painful, maybe longer. The people who are moaning now are the same people who didn't realise how huge and deep a problem there was until Liverpool finally put us to the sword. It's not going to go away overnight.

Castia

Sell the fecking lot.

Its partly the clubs fault though it was obvious we needed to sell one of the keepers, obvious Lingard should have gone, we offered Mata a contract extension 2 years in a row and he must have about 5 appearances there’s so much deadwood around the squad/bench that offer absolutely nothing. We need to be better at getting rid of players.

Sparky Rhiwabon

What if the (up to) 11 players are the ones we’d like to keep from a football perspective? Everyone seems to be assuming that it’s the rubbish ones.

Verward

Looking at the way Ragnick speaks to media, he looks more professional and do not seem to have "me n myself" personality like Mourinho unless he is Jekill n Hyde.
It's an achievement that he managed to lose dressing room in record time. I really don't know who is right or wrong but from whatever I have seen, I am on Manager side and want players to give their best on pitch whether they like it or not. I am okay if they want to go because
1. It'd be difficult to offload them as they are on mega money
2. I want only those players who are committed to United and want to play for us.

The Plump Poet

Supports
Southend United
What if the (up to) 11 players are the ones we’d like to keep from a football perspective? Everyone seems to be assuming that it’s the rubbish ones.
Well then people will simply change their tune. Although in fairness the prevailing attitude right now is that no-one should stay

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Surprise more people aren't worried. This is really bad. We can't just get rid of 11 players and buy new ones. It's not that easy. Squad building takes time.
The fact that so many of these wantaways are probably on big deals they wouldn't get elsewhere will make them even harder to shift. Martial for example wants to leave but unless he accepts a pay cut he'll be on the bench next season as well.

Sounds like the players are mentally at rock bottom and the dressing room is divided. So who do we bring to try and solve it ? Mike Phelan ? might as well get ready for the fireworks from now.
That's true, but for some of them, the World Cup taking place at the end of the year could force their hands. Leave and accept a pay cut, or rot in the U-23s and lose your spot in the NT as a result.

Walters_19_MuFc

There are cliques within the Manchester United dressing room, a source has told Sky Sports News; United lost their first game under Ralf Rangnick on Monday night as Wolves punished another poor display; Sky Sports pundit Gary Neville has questioned the togetherness of the squad

Article

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
They have doubts after about 5 games where most can't even be arsed running? What a likeable and mentally strong bunch we have.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
I mean, maybe there is something in this? I don’t know - but this is a group of players who deservedly finished second last year - something is going wrong drastically somewhere.

crossy1686

career ending
Whoever that source is feck offfffff. You don't need a new coach to make 10 yard passes you wanker
This. And that second Tweet is absolute bollocks "We're ready to play but only for the right man" give me a fecking break will you, who put you wankers in charge of anything

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
They were working under a club legend who had the backing of the fans and had got the squad together and replaced by someone who hasn’t really been heard by any of them. This someone has already shown how ruthless he is.
This isn’t surprising.

izec

I doubt it as well, that is why he is interim.

Since Fergie retired, we didn't have anyone suitable, it doesnt mean you give up after one game and go to the media crying, because you don't like the interim manager.

Nickosaur

What an unlikeable bunch of cnuts. Many are considering their futures? Good! Feck off the lot of them.

Gandalf

The leaks are coming from the usual suspects who are not playing anyway. I couldn't care less if we sign nobody in this window but please God can we ship half a dozen of these wastes of skin out of here and use the youngsters if we are short.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Klopp or Guardiola could stroll in tomorrow morning and these tossers would be like "Hmm, not sure about this guy."

MoskvaRed

I don’t know how much truth there is in these articles but, on the basis of no smoke without ( a lot of) fire, I wish now we had hired Conte to go in hard on these jokers. If you consider the true elite as City, Liverpool, Chelsea, PSG, Bayern Munich and Real Madrid, how many of our current squad could hold down a place at those teams?

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
"they have the players at Manchester United who are ready to play, but they don't have the coach to get the best out of those players"

Funny they didn't feel that way under 3 years of Ole when he didn't even coach.

Kearnkoff69

It's a bad look - as bad as the open warfare in Madrid's locker room during the end of the Jose era. To be honest they should out themselves so we can sell them. Complaints with a manager's style and tactics without attempting to make it work first shows an arrogance that needs to be pruned. They would have liked life just as little under Conte if true. Clear out the overpaid and the prima donnas (some fit into both categories) and promote the young and hungry. This has been a long time coming.

crossy1686

career ending
I mean, maybe there is something in this? I don’t know - but this is a group of players who deservedly finished second last year - something is going wrong drastically somewhere.
Well it seems the issue is something to do with the quality of coaching currently being offered by the MLS coaches Ralf brought in to replace Carrick and co. Mitten said they had no PL experience and from what he'd heard it was pretty difficult on the training ground because they just aren't up to speed with players of this quality (yet) and they're finding it hard to win the players over, which was why Ralf didn't want anyone to leave when he came in.

It sounded to me like the players are expecting some sort of training preparation for the next game, stuff that we've always done pre match. Worked on certain drills that exploit the opponents weakness, whether it be pulling crosses back to the edge of the box or attacking a certain side of the pitch, like an actual plan. But you can't really do that if the coaches know feck all about the league or any of the opposition.

Anyway, if that is the issue, I still don't give a feck, these players could comfortably beat most teams if they just stopped sulking and actually tried to out work the opposition anyway.