US offers $5m reward for arrest of Kinahan gang leaders

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
This is exactly how they would find you. Someone somewhere would be intimidated into, or paid off to give the info.
No one would know. That’s how it works. Unless you feck up or they manage to work an FBI agent over, which is probably unlikely.

Zarlak

my face causes global warming
Truth like rain don't give a feck who it falls on.
No one would know. That’s how it works. Unless you feck up or they manage to work an FBI agent over, which is probably unlikely.
It's not that unlikely, and it happens. Some insider at a low level doesn't have access to the info but can find out who likely does and all of a sudden that person comes home to a few people in the house threatening to kneecap their wife and kids unless they turn it over. Hell, the witness protection list has been leaked at different times, not even just a specific individual. A federal marshall was also charged with giving info on people in witness protection to mobs. You'd probably spend the $5m on therapy from having to constantly look over your shoulder for the rest of your life. Also what if they give you a shit name like Colin.

Last edited:

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
It's not that unlikely, and it happens. Some insider at a low level doesn't have access to the info but can find out who likely does and all of a sudden that person comes home to a few people in the house threatening to kneecap their wife and kids unless they turn it over. Hell, the witness protection list itself was leaked a decade ago, not even just a specific individual. A federal marshall was also charged with giving info on people in witness protection to mobs. You'd probably spend the $5m on therapy from having to constantly look over your shoulder for the rest of your life. Also what if they give you a shit name like Colin.
Xanax or jack daniels just to calm yourself down. Wouldnt be worth it at all.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
The Monk’s trial is scheduled to start at the Special Criminal Court on Monday. Will be the highest profile trial of its kind in Ireland since at least John Gilligan in the 90s - https://www.thesun.ie/news/9493799/gerry-the-monk-case-court-swept-bombs-david-byrne/amp/

Social media accounts that have been supportive of the Hutch narrative since 2016 have been promising that explosive revelations concerning Garda complicity in the Regency attack will be released if the trial goes ahead. However one of the Monk’s co-accused looks to have struck a plea deal and gone into hiding, which doesn’t look too good for Hutch -https://m.independent.ie/irish-news...at-the-home-of-jonathan-dowdall-42028134.html

Raoul

Admin
Staff
The Monk’s trial is scheduled to start at the Special Criminal Court on Monday. Will be the highest profile trial of its kind in Ireland since at least John Gilligan in the 90s - https://www.thesun.ie/news/9493799/gerry-the-monk-case-court-swept-bombs-david-byrne/amp/

Social media accounts that have been supportive of the Hutch narrative since 2016 have been promising that explosive revelations concerning Garda complicity in the Regency attack will be released if the trial goes ahead. However one of the Monk’s co-accused looks to have struck a plea deal and gone into hiding, which doesn’t look too good for Hutch -https://m.independent.ie/irish-news...at-the-home-of-jonathan-dowdall-42028134.html
DOJ involvement in pursuing the Kinahans should also be interesting in the months ahead.

2cents

Scout
DOJ involvement in pursuing the Kinahans should also be interesting in the months ahead.
I’m a bit surprised Irish authorities have given the go ahead for this trial without further movement on the Kinahans. There’s lots of accusations and counter-accusations here that the Guards have favored one side or the other, so I assumed they’d want to come across as fair and balanced as possible by having the heads of each faction charged at the same time. But there are still no criminal charges against Daniel or Christy Kinahan in Ireland and it looks like we’re depending on the Americans to get it done.

Meanwhile the Sunday Times is reporting that Jonathan Dowdall, the Monk’s co-accused I mentioned above, has agreed to testify:

2cents

Scout
How much reach do they have in the States?
I think the extent of their activities in America is limited to accusations of money-laundering through the boxing industry. Never read anything to indicate that they’ve extended their drug enterprise over there, their market in that respect seems to have remained Europe.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
I think the extent of their activities in America is limited to accusations of money-laundering through the boxing industry. Never read anything to indicate that they’ve extended their drug enterprise over there, their market in that respect seems to have remained Europe.
Cheers, yeah, I though I had missed something.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I think the advantage of using DOJ is the US has pretty strong anti-racketeering laws on the books, so any seemingly minor infraction can be used as a pretext to leverage the entire US government and its geopolitical tentacles, to pressure law enforcement jurisdictions in much of the world to help locate and apprehend those being pursued elsewhere.

2cents

Scout

Looks like the trial may be adjourned due to this development.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Just DM me what you know. I'll report it and split the proceeds with you. 60/40 split?

They don't have the advantage of being the only people with guns in the US. :lol:
There was a question on quora once: What if you found five million dollars lying on the ground in a bag that was drug money? Well the one thing you dont do is take it.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
Sinn Fein member involved with organised crime gang, wow, colour me shocked!

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
There was a question on quora once: What if you found five million dollars lying on the ground in a bag that was drug money? Well the one thing you dont do is take it.
I bet if you take like 10.000 or 20.000 nobody would care and would bother tracking you down. The cost of goons and hitman aren't worth the hassle.

But if you do take the 5M oh boy...

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
if you find 5 mill if you are smart nobody will ever know who found it. Taking a reward of 5 mill would be harder to keep a secret.

2cents

Scout

2cents

Scout
This is a major Camorra drug trafficker who allegedly attended Daniel Kinahan’s wedding in Dubai:

2cents

Scout
For anyone following the Hutch trial, the star witness Jonathan Dowdall is on the stand this week, and apparently it’s not going great for him:

Last edited:

2cents

Scout
Gerard Hutch found not guilty of the murder of David Byrne. The state completely fecked it.

Withnail

Gerard Hutch found not guilty of the murder of David Byrne. The state completely fecked it.
We are a nation of half assing it with the attitude of ah, it’ll be grand
It's a bit ridiculous they tried to prosecute him as one of the shooters. This is a man who hasn't been convicted of anything since 1983. They couldn't even prove he was in the country at the time. They put far too much faith in the evidence of that Dowdall gobshite.