US Politics

Abizzz

His death made me realize that I miss the times when he was the most hated person involved in US politics.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
How is this legal? I see the governor is using a state code to do such but seems like basically offering a state's Nat Guard as a merc force.

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/06/29/willis-johnson-us-mexico-border-497080
Billionaire GOP donor is funding South Dakota National Guard border deployment
Willis Johnson doesn’t live in the state but says he backs Gov. Kristi Noem, a potential presidential candidate who has called migration a “national security crisis.”

Carolina Red

Staff
How is this legal? I see the governor is using a state code to do such but seems like basically offering a state's Nat Guard as a merc force.

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/06/29/willis-johnson-us-mexico-border-497080
Billionaire GOP donor is funding South Dakota National Guard border deployment
Willis Johnson doesn’t live in the state but says he backs Gov. Kristi Noem, a potential presidential candidate who has called migration a “national security crisis.”
Not to mention South Dakota is a solid 930 miles from the border

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Completely normal way to do politics

Edit:
I disagree with most of his policy positions, but I can appreciate the amount of fecks he gives about McCarthy

Last edited:

USREDEVIL

If we are being honest, when I was a child, I was trafficked through the tunnels under the Capitol. By my 8th grade teacher. With the rest of my class.
My rabbit made some tunnels in my backyard. Theoretically it's happening there too!! :houllier:
Mix a little bit of info with a whole bunch of assumptions = FACTS

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
only democrats can likely hold the presidency for 16 years and yet republicans install 3 SCOTUS positions

Heard that the two liberal judges who most recently did strategic retirements were both Republican appointees. Both retired in obama's first term. RBG and Breyer are Dem (Clinton) appointees, both angrily resisted timing their retirement and "politicising the court".
Even though they deviated from their party ideology, it seems the republicans at least understood the politics of the court, while dems seem to have a head-in-sand attitude to it.

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
8% of americans have never heard of the EU? I refuse to believe that.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout

is there *anything* that cannot readily be turned into culture war?

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
8% of americans have never heard of the EU? I refuse to believe that.
Actually that is easily believable.

That number is probably equal or quite close to the number of Americans who think that Europe is a country.

The Firestarter

I dont know how two giga cnuts like Cheney and Rumsfeld managed to be coexist in close spaces . Pure luck spacetime didn't tie itself into a knot.

Or maybe it did.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United