US Politics

Raoul

Admin
Staff
He'll likely win by 3-5 points unless turnout is reaaaalllllly low. I am convinced that polls these days are shit.
I'd be surprised if he pulls it out given that the other guy seems to be moving up steadily. What may save TM in the end is that most of that surge happened after many Virginians already began mail in voting a month ago. The mid terms are going to be rough for the Dems.

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
I'd be surprised if he pulls it out given that the other guy seems to be moving up steadily. What may save TM in the end is that most of that surge happened after many Virginians already began mail in voting a month ago. The mid terms are going to be rough for the Dems.
Do you think they've done enough to fire up the base and spur turnout?

The lack of voting rights protection really stands out as both an ideological and practical failure.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Do you think they've done enough to fire up the base and spur turnout?

The lack of voting rights protection really stands out as both an ideological and practical failure.
Nope. I don't expect the Dems to fare well in the midterms, at least in the House. They may have a bit more luck in the Senate, but without the House, they will continue to not get any meaningful legislation through and we will remain in lame duck status until 24.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
The GOP are doing a great job on animating their base to vote to repel 'Critical Race Theory'.

nimic

something nice
Scout
Nope. I don't expect the Dems to fare well in the midterms, at least in the House. They may have a bit more luck in the Senate, but without the House, they will continue to not get any meaningful legislation through and we will remain in lame duck status until 24.
Just in time for the Second Insurrection, then.

sport2793

This country is a total dumpster fire. Full of deplorables who want to bring us all down with them and enabled by clowns who believe in "checks and balances". Once the GOP regain the House in 2022, I shudder to think what they will do and worry for democracy in general.

MarylandMUFan

This country is a total dumpster fire. Full of deplorables who want to bring us all down with them and enabled by clowns who believe in "checks and balances". Once the GOP regain the House in 2022, I shudder to think what they will do and worry for democracy in general.
Agreed, it's terrifying especially with the most conservative religious nutter supreme court in my lifetime.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Lady parts? We don't condone such crude language on this here football supporter discussion forum.
Listen, if you know what a demonic being calls the hole in front (hellmouth??) then you go for it, I was trying to be civilized.

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
The GOP are doing a great job on animating their base to vote to repel 'Critical Race Theory'.

That’s demonstrably funny and epimotizes so many voters today.

Winrar

I'm watching the VA Gov election closely because I'm planning to move back to NoVA for work next year.

McAuliffe in this election is seriously underperforming compared to Biden 2020 so far.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
So this stuff about big counties is just news channels trying to make it interesting?
The big counties do matter. As do the ratios by which a candidate is winning in a big county this year v the ratio that Biden beat Trump with. It appears McAullife is trailing Biden's performance in this regard, which is why things are trending towards his opponent at the moment.

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
The big counties do matter. As do the ratios by which a candidate is winning in a big county this year v the ratio that Biden beat Trump with. It appears McAullife is trailing Biden's performance in this regard, which is why things are trending towards his opponent at the moment.
Got it, thanks!

They mentioned now the R counties are also having higher turnover than in previous elections, so it seems like it's done.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Maybe this country really does want fascism. One side, for whatever reason, seems to crave it and the other is too apathetic, for real reasons, to stop it.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Maybe this country really does want fascism. One side, for whatever reason, seems to crave it and the other is too apathetic, for real reasons, to stop it.
The troubling thing about Youngkin is that he managed to straddle the fence of not being overtly pro-Trump while also not talking about him much. This may be a blueprint for others in the mid term.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
:lol:

Major win for free speech, 1st amendment, and textbook censorship.
The lesson is the Democrats went too far left and need to increasing the deficit.

Winrar

GOP lead down to 2% with 95% reporting now in VA.

Looks like this one might go down to the wire after all.

The NJ race looking a lot closer than it first appeared as well.

sport2793

Crazy stuff, the Dems have a massive messaging problem and everyone from the left to the center is to blame for this. Progressive ideas are popular yet progressive politicians are not in the swing areas of the country. AOC and politicians like her dont know how to communicate effectively with non college educated white voters who would benefit from progressive reforms. Centrist Dems too often play defense and throw the progressive wing of the party under the bus. This SALT cap repeal shouldn't even be happening but it likely will due to the selfishness of some NE and CA centrist politicians. Really sad stuff.