US Politics

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
I'm sure democratic voters are really fired up to vote in the next elections...

George Owen

LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!
I wonder for how long the US society will keep accepting this crap.

The frenchies would be sharpening the guillotines by now.

The BLM riots gonna be nothing compared to what's gonna happen when the camel's back breaks.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
She’s always enjoyable to watch.

The CEOs sound like the Big Tobacco CEOs from 1994…

MarylandMUFan

She’s always enjoyable to watch.

The CEOs sound like the Big Tobacco CEOs from 1994…

I love Katie Porter. The amount of land these companies have is criminal. She went after the same banks that fund the democrats (and republicans) and she is no longer on that finance committee. I hope the Dems don't take her off of this one. We need her holding these asshats accountable.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.

The BLM riots gonna be nothing compared to what's gonna happen when the camel's back breaks.
To vote for either party is to vote for the same industries that control them.
The first step is to deny either party the vote.
Yes it will initially cause pain.
As anything worth fighting for brings pain.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge

Never. They see nothing wrong at all.

The dems still think they're right. So did the republicans.

It's very much different with other revolution where the majority is unhappy. Call it what you want but they're happy with their party

Raoul

Admin
Staff

If a majority of the people who actually bother to vote are ok with it then things will remain as they are.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
If a majority of the people who actually bother to vote are ok with it then things will remain as they are.
I'd agree if it wasn't for the US system effectively not allowing parties who aren't the democrats or the republicans influence. People can't really take their votes somewhere else.

Cloud7

I'd agree if it wasn't for the US system effectively not allowing parties who aren't the democrats or the republicans influence. People can't really take their votes somewhere else.
The only alternative is keeping their votes at home/voting for an independent candidate who doesn’t actually have much of a chance. Granted, the diehard conservatives don’t seem like they’ll ever do that, but they also seem like the types who are happy with the status quo. For everyone else, the options are the Democrats who are basically the GOP with manners, or nothing. It will be a long, painful road, but if people simply didn’t vote for them at all then it should force the Dems to reevaluate their ideas. How much desire there actually is for something like this, I have no idea.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
Many people do not vote because they do not see any positive change under either party.
Those who do vote, do so because they have been told through whichever corporate media they listen to that the other party is worse.
The Democratic voters think the Republicans are racists or will take away personal freedoms.
The Republicans think the Democrats want a welfare state and open borders for example.

The fact is NAFTA and repeal of Glass-Steagall was done under a Democratic administration and the fix for 2008 Financial crisis was to bail out the financial institutions that caused it instead of the homebuyers.

Those who vote third party whichever way it leans take votes away from the corporate parties.
The Peoples Party will have a pretty full slate of candidates next cycle.
This is the only way to break the stranglehold.

Dudu

Redistricted out, and (probably) would have lost anyway in a R primary.

Makes it seem like he's planning to run for something else though?

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
Quite possible given how they've hired other anti-Trump Republicans of late - Kasich, Charley Dent, Mia Love etc.
Where they achieve nothing except normalizing a center-right view of the world. They don't accomplish anything meaningful by actually fighting back against Trumpers where it counts and seem to be just ceding the House to the Taylor-Greens and the Gaetzes of the world

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
Off topic, but I'm watching Biden on the news talking to the pope with a translator, does the pope not speak english? Seems a bit odd.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Off topic, but I'm watching Biden on the news talking to the pope with a translator, does the pope not speak english? Seems a bit odd.
It’s weird that an Argentinian head of a church based in Italy doesn’t speak English?

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
The CNN International analysts mentioned the Pope understands English but gets confused/lost in responding and communicating so the translator ensures this communication.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
The CNN International analysts mentioned the Pope understands English but gets confused/lost in responding and communicating so the translator ensures this communication.
I’d imagine he can speak it casually reasonably well but as the head of the biggest church in the world and when his words carry so much weight, they leave absolutely zero chance of him making any embarrassing or dangerous statements. A double negative when briefing his priests on whether they should or shouldn’t feck kids for example was particularly catastrophic.

Cloud7

I’d imagine he can speak it casually reasonably well but as the head of the biggest church in the world and when his words carry so much weight, they leave absolutely zero chance of him making any embarrassing or dangerous statements. A double negative when briefing his priests on whether they should or shouldn’t feck kids for example was particularly catastrophic.
:lol:

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
Why? Old man that lived most of his life in Argentina doesn't speak English. SHOCKER.:lol:
Yeah, it's not like he's the head of one of the most global organizations in the history of the world and english is actually the most global language ever. My bad, what was I thinking.

NM

Yeah, it's not like he's the head of one of the most global organizations in the history of the world and english is actually the most global language ever. My bad, what was I thinking.
You have no idea about his history or how most of the world works?

There was no reason to learn English, and doing it at his age would probably cause more harm than good with possible gaffes.

English also definitely isn't the "most global language ever". Anyway it's off topic here and I'm not a big fan of Francis (like Biden promised a lot, delivered nothing) so I'm out.

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
You have no idea about his history or how most of the world works?

There was no reason to learn English, and doing it at his age would probably cause more harm than good with possible gaffes.

English also definitely isn't the "most global language ever". Anyway it's off topic here and I'm not a big fan of Francis (like Biden promised a lot, delivered nothing) so I'm out.
Whatever, thinking the pope would speak english is hardly a crazy notion.

Cloud7

Whatever, thinking the pope would speak english is hardly a crazy notion.
I get that, but at the same time, religious people are far more likely than most to hang on a single word/error and go wild with it, so maybe it is for the best if he isn't a natural speaker and doesn't fully grasp all the intricacies of the language, to not speak in English in public.

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
I get that, but at the same time, religious people are far more likely than most to hang on a single word/error and go wild with it, so maybe it is for the best if he isn't a natural speaker and doesn't fully grasp all the intricacies of the language, to not speak in English in public.
That's fair.

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
Surely there are a lot more Spanish-speaking catholics than English-speaking ones?
Probably, but if he visits 10 random countries odds are english will be the easiest way to communicate.