US Politics

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
Well that is highly subjective isn't it.
We all live in States.
I live in Minnesota.
I can attest it is a wonderful place to live.

Living in the US is like living in 50 different countries.
Depends on which state you live.
I wont condemn other states because I do not know everything about them.

Just on weather, I would not want to live in the Southern States. Far too hot.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
We all live in States.
I live in Minnesota.

That's great. Personally you couldn't pay me to live in America but each to their own.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
We all live in States.
I live in Minnesota.

I have lived in Los Angeles (basically it's own city state), Birmingham (Alabama) and now Madison (Wisconsin, hey neighbor!). Each place has its good and bad sides just like anywhere in the world. On the micro level I think this country is great. The people I have met and interacted with in all 3 places have been by and large genuine and fantastic. But this is not about people, this is about society, and as a society we are hateful, violent and greedy. If I could leave I would as I think we are headed for a complete disaster. We are being consumed by greed and hatred and I think we are past the point of course correction.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
I'm sure we can have an open mind and discuss things.
I would not like to assume.

I'm sure there are parts of America I would really like - I have visited NYC and really enjoyed it. However the thought of living in America honestly repulses me completely. I think the society there is disgusting in the extreme. The mixture of religion and right wing politics is horrendous, the gun culture, the fact little kids have to do live shooter drills, the racism, the 'American Dream' bullshit, the fact you can get bankrupted by just getting sick, the greed, the 'patriotism' - I could go on and on - i'm not even going to go into the way America has influenced the world over the last century. There is a very, very long list of reasons why I'd never consider living there and why I view the place generally as pretty horrific all round and probably the last place I would want to live.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
I'm sure there are parts of America I would really like - I have visited NYC and really enjoyed it. However the thought of living in America honestly repulses me completely. I think the society there is disgusting in the extreme. The mixture of religion and right wing politics is horrendous, the gun culture, the fact little kids have to do live shooter drills, the racism, the 'American Dream' bullshit, the fact you can get bankrupted by just getting sick, the greed, the 'patriotism' - I could go on and on - i'm not even going to go into the way America has influenced the world over the last century. There is a very, very long list of reasons why I'd never consider living there and why I view the place generally as pretty horrific all round and probably the last place I would want to live.
That's not tolling, that's just truth.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
I can understand where you are coming from.
My main concern is the easy availability of firearms.

As for the rest. You can vote Third Parties. The two major parties are fully owned by the major industries which allow people to die in spite of all their lies that they care about people.
Religion. As I said Conservatives hide behind what they call Christianity when it has nothing to do with Christian teaching whatsoever.
How many people actually take the trouble to understand what Christ says.

I just ignore all that.

As for American exceptionalism which is what I believe you are referring to. These people are conditioned. The US is the most powerful country on earth just as the Roman Empire was in those days.
But that does not make everything we do Right.
I am an American but I do not for one moment condone what my government does here and overseas in my name.

I do not condone murder.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
I can understand where you are coming from.
My main concern is the easy availability of firearms.

As for the rest. You can vote Third Parties. The two major parties are fully owned by the major industries which allow people to die in spite of all their lies that they care about people.
Religion. As I said Conservatives hide behind what they call Christianity when it has nothing to do with Christian teaching whatsoever.
How many people actually take the trouble to understand what Christ says.

I just ignore all that.

As for American exceptionalism which is what I believe you are referring to. These people are conditioned. The US is the most powerful country on earth just as the Roman Empire was in those days.
But that does not make everything we do Right.
I am an American but I do not for one moment condone what my government does here and overseas in my name.

I do not condone murder.
I couldn't just ignore it though, it honestly disgusts me to my very core. I've nothing against the American people, I just hate most things about America.