US Politics

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Adams is such a shit mayor with the worst priorities.
Considering The Adams/Hochul double shit sandwich and the abysmal house performance in 22, I think the NYDems should consider breaking the bank to import Ben Wikler from WI to run the party.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
The kids are alright. Hopefully the brown shirts don't go brown shirt on them....

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
This Tennessee thing is wild. The GOP could not care less about how shameful this is, the Speaker is reveling in this. Madness.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
yeah, it was one of two.

MY favorite line out of many was something like:

"I am being charged with bringing dishonor and disorder to this chamber, but how does one bring dishonor to a house with no honor and disorder to a house that is out of order."

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
This cat is quite good at his job (not the son of a failed weatherman obvs)…

Hamnat

This is hands down one of the best speeches I have ever heard.
I mean the delivery. Even the water sipping for dramatic effect while he burned them down to their faces. WOW
I’m about to speak because the people of district 52 sent me here to speak. Speaker Sexton is not my constituent, Speaker Sexton is not a king, Speaker Sexton is not God” - Rep. Justin Jones

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
This is the most extraordinary political event I have ever seen.

Edit: Also, 10000% this

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
I think the GOP feckers have learned their lesson. They are all passing on asking him questions :lol:

Hamnat

I think the GOP feckers have learned their lesson. They are all passing on asking him questions :lol:
After he excoriated the first few and made them look absolutely incompetent while keeping the exact same tone and delivery all the rest should have just sat the hell down and waited for the vote.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
After he excoriated the first few and made them look absolutely incompetent while keeping the exact same tone and delivery all the rest should have just sat the hell down and waited for the vote.
The one non white guy just tried and holy shit :lol:

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Watching that Justin Jones speech and the interaction with that R dude after is just surreal. These republicans are barely fecking sentient. How does that country even function remotely with all those complete lunatics in so many offices.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
So this has happened 3 times before. The first time against members who wanted to block former slaves getting human rights, another time for a sexual predator, a third time for a rather substantial white collar crime and this time for, uhm, speaking out of turn on maybe doing something about kids being violently murdered at school.

Seems appropriate.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Another quite good orator. No doubt his hair infuriates those on the R side…

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
holy feck, that GOP dude could not have teed him up better. The perfect movie villain.