US Politics

owlo

Disney fecked over De Santis using the British royal family!

Absolutely glorious :lol:

owlo

cope and seethe :lol:

Looks like the standard alt right protest. They should invite the proud boys over so it's 50 not 25 :lol:

In virtual perpetuity as well! DeSantis’ grandkids will be of advanced age when the rule will be over!
Poor Ronald. Seems as inept as Donald. I'm kinda mad that the US law of perpetuities is now burned into my mind though.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID

Only tangentially related to US politics but an interesting thread.

Carolina Red

Staff
Had someone say to me today that Mitch McConnell is a Democrat in Republican clothing and they weren’t doing an April Fools gag.

That is all.

RedDevilQuebecois

And leave without help to the affected by the tornado?
She said that she does not need any help from Washington, so, fine, let's see if she can work it through with the means available in the State of Arkansas (sarcasm intended).

The point is that someone ought to remind Sanders that words actually matter. You can't tell the hand feeding you to piss off and not expect the other side to not do the same in return. Mike DeWine may have done some stupid things as a governor in Ohio leading to the context of the East Palestine incident, but he was never stupid enough to brush off the federal government's hand that publicly. There is a French proverb that says "turn your tongue seven times in your mouth before speaking", and that means that one shouldn’t speak unless she/he is really sure about what she/he is going to say. Aunt Lydia better learn that quickly.

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
She said that she does not need any help from Washington, so, fine, let's see if she can work it through with the means available in the State of Arkansas (sarcasm intended).

The point is that someone ought to remind Sanders that words actually matter. You can't tell the hand feeding you to piss off and not expect the other side to not do the same in return. Mike DeWine may have done some stupid things as a governor in Ohio leading to the context of the East Palestine incident, but he was never stupid enough to brush off the federal government's hand that publicly. There is a French proverb that says "turn your tongue seven times in your mouth before speaking", and that means that one shouldn’t speak unless she/he is really sure about what she/he is going to say. Aunt Lydia better learn that quickly.
I know what she said but there are other ways to remind her than withhold help that people needs while her wealthy lie remains the same.

RedDevilQuebecois

This below is a very good point. Cable news should be covering those people when this is something that truly matters.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Good thing for repubs is that abortion won't be an issue in 2024...

This, the story about Youngkin and the battery plant, etc. I mean, it's pretty apparent that these GOP govs care way more about national ambitions then doing what is best for their own states.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Who's gonna win, @WI_Red ?

Depends on turnout. Weather is supposed to be shitty in WI today, so that may play a factor since wait times in dem areas, especially in heavily AA areas of Milwaukee, can get long due to lack of polling station and that is not a bug, it's a feature in America's most segregated city. My guess is that early voting is a majority for Protasiewicz. Going to be close in any case but I hope she eeks it out.