US Politics

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
The two black members expelled. Who didn't see that coming.
In a sense, if one of them had to get a pass it's best it was her. She would have been replaced by a GOPer, but I bet we see both of those stars back in the house ASAP by appointment.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Apparently the Nashville Metro council has a meeting on Monday at 4:30 to re-appoint Justin Jones. :lol:

RedDevilQuebecois

The two black members expelled. Who didn't see that coming.
I say the Dems better remember that moment so they can exact proper revenge on the next time they regain the TN House.

Hopefully, we will see the day when Dems can outright expel the most racist Republicans out of any legislature.

The United

I say the Dems better remember that moment so they can exact proper revenge on the next time they regain the TN House.

Hopefully, we will see the day when Dems can outright expel the most racist Republicans out of any legislature.
Probably not in their or our lifetimes.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United

Absolutely, 100% NO!
What happened today was wrong, not because it happened to a democrat, but because it happened to elected officials who had done nothing close to what should rise to expulsion.

if it had been a Q Anon crazy I would say the same thing. The cycle has to stop or we all doom spiral.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
This may have been posted in any thread covering US politics and Trump, but herego.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...ment-young-republicans-response-b2312016.html
"President Trump embodies the American people – our psyche from id to super-ego – as does no other figure; his soul is totally bonded with our core values and emotions, and he is our total and indisputable champion," the club wrote. "This tremendous connection threatens the established order."

"If you are doing poorly, as many of you are, do not send anything. If you are doing well, which was made possible through the great policies of the Trump Administration, send your contribution to donaldjtrump.com," he wrote on Truth Social.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
This may have been posted in any thread covering US politics and Trump, but herego.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...ment-young-republicans-response-b2312016.html
"President Trump embodies the American people – our psyche from id to super-ego – as does no other figure; his soul is totally bonded with our core values and emotions, and he is our total and indisputable champion," the club wrote. "This tremendous connection threatens the established order."

"If you are doing poorly, as many of you are, do not send anything. If you are doing well, which was made possible through the great policies of the Trump Administration, send your contribution to donaldjtrump.com," he wrote on Truth Social.

Adults idolising people like this is not healthy.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member

Completely batshit.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Money talks. I’m surprised this sort of stuff doesn’t happen more often in matured democracies because developing countries suffer from this all over the world.
I would guess it’s because the payoff would almost never offset the benefits of the money/power gained by the office that would be lost the next cycle.

In this case I think we are seeing a rep who knows that with the flip of the state SC, and now with supermajority’s in the legislature, her seat will be redrawn to make it safe. So she gets the payout and keeps the office. That will be the indicator of if this was a bought event. If the map is redrawn for her seat you can bank on it.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
If that's her reasoning for leaving she is in for a rude awakening with her new party. The grift better be strong.
And they were mean to her because she didn’t show up for a vote. She’s upset that people were angry she didn’t do her damn job. She’ll fit right in with the GOP.

Hamnat

Justice Thomas Defends Against Allegations of Improper Gifts and Travel

WASHINGTON — Justice Clarence Thomas defended himself on Friday from allegations that he had accepted lavish gifts and travel from a wealthy conservative donor without proper disclosure.

In a statement released by the Supreme Court, the justice said that he had followed guidance from others at the court and that he believed he was not required to report the trips.

“Early in my tenure at the court, I sought guidance from my colleagues and others in the judiciary, and was advised that this sort of personal hospitality from close personal friends, who did not have business before the court, was not reportable,” Justice Thomas said. “I have endeavored to follow that counsel throughout my tenure, and have always sought to comply with the disclosure guidelines.”

The justice’s statement comes after ProPublica revealed that he had traveled by private jet and yacht at the invitation of Harlan Crow, a real estate billionaire. The vacations, which took place over nearly two decades, included trips to Indonesia and to Bohemian Grove, an exclusive retreat nestled in the redwoods in Northern California.
What a ridiculous statement. I only work in the Oil and Gas industry and we have to pass ethics exams on acceptable gifts. And making sure it can't even be perceived as an exorbitant gift. We are talking millions of dollars worth of trips and private yachts, vacations and flights for decades. From a billionaire GOP donor and he is sitting there trying to claim he didn't think he had to report any of that?

He is a judge for god sake. Their ethical standards should be far higher.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member

What a ridiculous statement. I only work in the Oil and Gas industry and we have to pass ethics exams on acceptable gifts. And making sure it can't even be perceived as an exorbitant gift. We are talking millions of dollars worth of trips and private yachts, vacations and flights for decades. From a billionaire GOP donor and he is sitting there trying to claim he didn't think he had to report any of that?

Yet the SC has the least ethical oversight of any court system in the states.

I posted a 20+ post thread by ProPublica earlier in this thread that bulletpoints all the benefits this cnut got just from the billionaire power player. It’s unconscionable.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United

Same in the biotech sector. Even a dinner with big clients needs to have a business reason beyond "relationship building" and needs to be of a cost that would be classified by a normal person as reasonable. And that's just for industry customers. Clinical customers? I can't even forget to take back a pen I let them borrow. Hell, I can't even trade off paying for lunch for my MD grad school friends out of fear for break sunshine laws.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
For those asking about the threat of the WI GOP impeaching Protasiewicz (it is a whole thread, so click to read the previous Tweets):

edit: Also, Ben is amazing. If we could clone him and send him to NC we would take the state in a decade.

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
Same in the biotech sector. Even a dinner with big clients needs to have a business reason beyond "relationship building" and needs to be of a cost that would be classified by a normal person as reasonable. And that's just for industry customers. Clinical customers? I can't even forget to take back a pen I let them borrow. Hell, I can't even trade off paying for lunch for my MD grad school friends out of fear for break sunshine laws.

It's absolutely abundantly clear that all the top corporations, donors, companies whatever, they all bribe their way through and with all the tough regulations and oversight commities in place, it's clear they will always find a way to tip the balance in their favour. Obviously politicians and the courts are at the top of the list. So why the feck has the SC got the least checks is beyond me.

It's absolutely insane, but not unexpected.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
It's absolutely abundantly clear that all the top corporations, donors, companies whatever, they all bribe their way through and with all the tough regulations and oversight commities in place, it's clear they will always find a way to tip the balance in their favour. Obviously politicians and the courts are at the top of the list. So why the feck has the SC got the least checks is beyond me.

It's absolutely insane, but not unexpected.
Oh, absolutely. As an employee I have to follow the rules or I can get fired/fined/jailed....but CEO's? Nah.

RedDevilQuebecois

Just deleted it because of the duplicate.

Seriously though, what is wrong with those people? I swear they are leaving themselves open to be attacked on whatever they call their behavior as "Christian".

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Just deleted it because of the duplicate.

Seriously though, what is wrong with those people? I swear they are leaving themselves open to be attacked on whatever they call their behavior as "Christian".
Same mindset as the Republican cnuts in the Tennessee legislature, if you don’t look like them, chances are you won’t get the benefit.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Listen to Hanan Qahwaji try to ingratiate herself into a culture that will never accept her or respect her. It's so sad to see...

RedDevilQuebecois

When it was raised as a headline for yesterday's podcast, I thought that was a step too far. However, we are definitely getting to the same point as when some racist feckers tried to block the application of federal desegregation laws for schools in the 1950s and early 1960s.

The federal government should outright threaten taking away all federal funding that should go to the State of Tennessee. Meanwhile, the feds can open back channels to funnel that money directly to the City of Memphis and Shelby County.

Last edited:

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member

Including a signed copy of Mein Kampf.
Every time I see or hear the words ‘Mein Kampf,’ I instantly think of this. No clue if the YT clip is real or satire, but I laugh out loud every time seeing it…

RedDevilQuebecois

Every time I see or hear the words ‘Mein Kampf,’ I instantly think of this. No clue if the YT clip is real or satire, but I laugh out loud every time seeing it…
When I think of Minecraft and a silly Nazi reference, who can forget this one?

I WAS GONNA BUILD LIKE A F*CKING FARM HERE... AND YOU BUILT AUSCHWITZ!!!