US Politics

owlo

It feels fecking bizarre that an uber-thumper judge to whom the plaintiffs went in a judge-shopping move & who has a past with extreme anti-abortion types even has the power to undertake such a move against a federal agency / every female of childbearing years in this country.
Especially given the Trumpian Supreme court line is 'Let the States decide themselves!!!'

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
So, what do our American friends think about your president using public money to go on a jolly to see his family roots?
Doing a little more than that.

The apparatus of the president travels with him wherever they go. Trips like these are common.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
Doing a little more than that.

The apparatus of the president travels with him wherever they go. Trips like these are common.
Yes, but at least half his visit is for personal reasons, not diplomatic ones. He spends hardly any time in Belfast and Dublin, instead he goes and visits where his ancestors came from.

If you're satisfied that it's a legitimate use of public funds, then fine.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Yes, but at least half his visit is for personal reasons, not diplomatic ones. He spends hardly any time in Belfast and Dublin, instead he goes and visits where his ancestors came from.

If Trump had gone to his ancestral home, no bother to me. Most presidents do undertake such trips while in office.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters

Given the last one went to FL or NJ virtually every weekend it's probably cheaper!

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
This I a pretty remarkable listen. So either someone in that room thought makes them look good or one of their staff members is doing gods work.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
"The world is staring at us"

It's definitely in the bottom 10 US states that anybody in the world thinks about, ever.
I honestly think it probably is closer to top 10 than bottom. Nashville is the home of country music and there are multiple professional sports teams in the state. Besides, we have at least 10 states that no one has ever heard of (Maine, Idaho, Iowa, Montana, All the Dakotas, Wyoming, New Hampshire, Vermont, Rhode Island)?

nimic

something nice
Scout
I honestly think it probably is closer to top 10 than bottom. Nashville is the home of country music and there are multiple professional sports teams in the state. Besides, we have at least 10 states that no one has ever heard of (Maine, Idaho, Iowa, Montana, All the Dakotas, Wyoming, New Hampshire, Vermont, Rhode Island)?
Nashville I'll give you, though I'm pretty sure most people who know of it have no idea it's in Tennessee. The sports teams don't matter outside of the US, nobody has heard of them. I'll give you some of the states you mentioned too, but I bet more non-Americans people could name Iowa (primary election in the news), Montana (cowboys?), Wyoming (cowboys?) and the Dakotas (purely because they are called North and South, making them easier to remember).

I base this on absolutely no evidence.

It's no Alabama or Mississippi.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Nashville I'll give you, though I'm pretty sure most people who know of it have no idea it's in Tennessee. The sports teams don't matter outside of the US, nobody has heard of them. I'll give you some of the states you mentioned too, but I bet more non-Americans people could name Iowa (primary election in the news), Montana (cowboys?), Wyoming (cowboys?) and the Dakotas (purely because they are called North and South, making them easier to remember).

Which is just shocking. I have lived in Bama and traveled extrensively in Mississippi and Tennessee has far more to offer than Mississippi and is on par Bama (which actually is a cool place to visit, minus the racism). Tennessee is the home of FedEx and Jack Daniels!

Why the feck am I defending Tennessee? I will stop now.

nimic

something nice
Scout
Which is just shocking. I have lived in Bama and traveled extrensively in Mississippi and Tennessee has far more to offer than Mississippi and is on par Bama (which actually is a cool place to visit, minus the racism). Tennessee is the home of FedEx and Jack Daniels!

Why the feck am I defending Tennessee? I will stop now.
Oh don't get me wrong, the reason people might know about Alabama and Mississippi is because of racism and slavery.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.

Memphis is also in Tennessee and everybody knows Elvis.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
When he signs this, it will simultaneously improve DeSanctis's chance of winning the nomination and losing the general.
Isn't that just how it works for republicans these days?