g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

US Politics

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
I’m thoroughly confused now.
The investigation by Durham, appointed by Barr, said that the FBI had no grounds to investigate Trump, insinuating that the FBI investigated Trump because he was Trump

The reality is that the FBI investigated Trump because their effective boss at the time, Rod Rosenstein, ordered them to do so, so the FBI didn't choose to investigate, they were told to

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
The investigation by Durham, appointed by Barr, said that the FBI had no grounds to investigate Trump, insinuating that the FBI investigated Trump because he was Trump

The reality is that the FBI investigated Trump because their effective boss at the time, Rod Rosenstein, ordered them to do so, so the FBI didn't choose to investigate, they were told to
I getcha. I was conflating two things into one.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
And most people thought his outfit would be the most jaw droppingly shocking choice he made that day.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
North Carolina, a swing state, doubling down on abortion ban.

I would not be surprised if it flipped in 2024, but we are only supposed to talk about the states that are vulnerable for democrats, for some reason.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
She's a politician, does anyone really still believe that they'll do what they say and mean what they do?
This particular about face was extremely egregious, especially with her tearful discussion on the NC House floor of her own abortion not months before she was re-elected.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Even if she resigns, I sincerely doubt that Newsome would appoint Lee. To do so, after Lee/Schiff/Porter have declared candidacy would be outrageous example of putting one's hands on the scale. My bet is he finds someone who pledges not to run for reelection and appoints them.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Looks like Disney sent Puddingfingers a "Congratulations on finally announcing you're a candidate" present.

RedDevilQuebecois

Looks like Disney sent Puddingfingers a "Congratulations on finally announcing you're a candidate" present.

If land was not so expensive in Hawaii for obvious reasons, I swear the idea to potentially move the whole theme park away over there would find its way by now. Nevertheless, you can't ask for a better warning shot across the bow by Disney after this project cancellation.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
If land was not so expensive in Hawaii for obvious reasons, I swear the idea to potentially move the whole theme park away over there would find its way by now. Nevertheless, you can't ask for a better warning shot across the bow by Disney after this project cancellation.
Not sure this is a terribly practical idea. The travel time from the East coast to Hawaii is 13-16 hours.

RedDevilQuebecois

Not sure this is a terribly practical idea. The travel time from the East coast to Hawaii is 13-16 hours.
Are you serious? A straight flight from Montreal to Tokyo (yeah, such thing exists now) makes 13 hours and 28 minutes on average. It has to be much less to get to Hawaii from Eastern USA.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
Are you serious? A straight flight from Montreal to Tokyo (yeah, such thing exists now) makes 13 hours and 28 minutes on average. It has to be much less to get to Hawaii from Eastern USA.
NYC to Hawaii is almost 11 hours

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
And london to Vancouver is 9 hours because it crosses almost through the north pole. That is probably because Montreal-Japan cuts the earth sphere from the north and florida hawaii is more in the ecuator so is not possible to "cut"

Or I think that is how it works

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
yep, I just did a NC to Hawaii flight in Feb. travel time to there, with a layover in Seattle, was just under 16 hours. Coming back was 13.5

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
Don't think they ever will. We'll just hear of more future plans like this nixed.
You're probably right, but you can bet there'll be a lot of well-funded Democrats over the next few years!