US Politics

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
So, dems caved on Israel, and got nothing for Ukraine? Shame on them.

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
Weird that the US is tried to get a ceasefire in the UN and at the same day arming israel for free with 3.8 B worth of armament

And by weird I mean fecking hypocrites with a shitty resolution

Ekkie Thump

Supports
Leeds United
So, dems caved on Israel, and got nothing for Ukraine? Shame on them.
Yes and no. This $3.8 billion is just what Israel gets in a standard year. There is another bill for extraordinary expenditure which includes both Israeli and Ukrainian aid. I think that has something like $14bn earmarked for Israel.

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
Yes and no. This $3.8 billion is just what Israel gets in a standard year. There is another bill for extraordinary expenditure which includes both Israeli and Ukrainian aid. I think that has something like $14bn earmarked for Israel.
You are correct. But if US would be truthful wanting a ceasefire, would not approve the 14bn nor the 3.8bn. US had been funding UNRWA for years and they stop at the minimal accusation to have a few people working by Hamas

Ekkie Thump

Supports
Leeds United
They now have a majority of only one.
I think they've got a majority of 4 once he leaves (217-213). There's also a special election that Dems are favoured to win. So 217-214. This means GOP can only afford to lose one vote when trying to pass legislation (assuming a united Democratic caucus)..

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
This Leonard Leo fella seems influential.

The largely unknown man behind the U.S. judiciary’s shift to the right

And one of the things that was really an insight of our ProPublica colleagues who've been writing these series of stories that I'm sure many of your listeners have heard about trips that Supreme Court justices have taken. And what they have uncovered is that Leonard Leo has connected these very conservative, wealthy individuals to Supreme Court justices, and then they give money to his causes.
https://www.wbur.org/onpoint/2023/12/20/man-behind-the-u-s-judiciarys-shift-right-leonard-leo

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
As RFK Jr.’s running mate I am sure her reasoning is bonkers, but I do think that discussions around IVF would be valuable to raise awareness. We’ve come leaps and bounds but there is still an increased rate of developmental and cognitive issues in babies conceived via IVF. This is not to argue in any way against IVF, just to point out the importance of genetic counseling as part of a wholistic process.

RedDevilQuebecois

Talk about being a double traitor to her country and to her own blood, you cannot find a worse case than this woman.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Talk about being a double traitor to her country and to her own blood, you cannot find a worse case than this woman.

What a disgrace she is, bowing down to MAGA forces in her district just to get reelected. Fortunately, her vote won't matter as if Johnson brings the bill to the floor there are more than enough Democrats and Republicans who will vote for it.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout

can't believe it. will need to throw all my kyle rittenhouse fan merch away. never meet your heroes :( :( :(

NotChatGPT

Brownfinger
As RFK Jr.’s running mate I am sure her reasoning is bonkers, but I do think that discussions around IVF would be valuable to raise awareness. We’ve come leaps and bounds but there is still an increased rate of developmental and cognitive issues in babies conceived via IVF. This is not to argue in any way against IVF, just to point out the importance of genetic counseling as part of a wholistic process.
Can you elaborate

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Can you elaborate
In brief, the main factors in IVF success are egg quantity and quality, both of which decrease with age. There are not really any tests to monitor egg quality, but there are ways to monitor embryo viability and maturation once fertilization occurs. This is why I mention the importance of genetic counseling as part of the IVF process. I think the last bit I read placed children conceived via IVF having around a one percent increase in potential genetic disorders. Preimplantation screening is almost certainly the reason for this. Some of the papers from the early days talk about 3-4x increases in some disorders.

Anecdotally I can say that a family member has had 3 children via IVF, 2 of which have severe genetic conditions and the third has minor cognitive issues. They did not get genetic counseling (“leave it up to God”), which would have flagged those embryos.

RedDevilQuebecois

Going scorched earth here. :eek: :eek: :eek:

Someone please tell me that federal law enforcement agencies are reopening the investigation on Gaetz after this.

Last edited:

nimic

something nice
Scout

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
This is mental illness.

RedCafe won't let me post the link without trying to do something to it that vanishes it from existence completely, so just click this instead.

Edit: What the feck is RedCafe doing to Reddit links? It makes them not work at all?

Oh, it's changing fuck to feck, changing the link and making it useless. Great idea guys. Just copy this:

https://www.reddit.com/r/interestingasfu ck/comments/1c0kd06/republicans_praying_and_speaking_in_tongues_in/
I couldn't write "JK" Rowling, had to change it to "J.K". :lol:

nimic

something nice
Scout
I couldn't write "JK" Rowling, had to change it to "J.K". :lol:
It's hilarious how there's a hodgepodge of different ways of censoring words on the Caf. There's the hard "no you can't post this word try another", like lol, rofl, jk (and probably more).

Then there's the "we'll just change this letter for you" like in cnut and feck. And then there's dat, which turns out like ***.

It's all a bit silly, isn't it?

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
It's hilarious how there's a hodgepodge of different ways of censoring words on the Caf. There's the hard "no you can't post this word try another", like lol, rofl, jk (and probably more).

Then there's the "we'll just change this letter for you" like in cnut and feck. And then there's dat, which turns out like ***.

It's all a bit silly, isn't it?
Well, they had to censor the profane words because Google was being puritanical and told sites they would kill their ad revenue if they didn't clean up their content so not much choice there.

Personally, I'm glad a lot of text speak is blocked as that would get annoying.

The other ones are kind of funny.

nimic

something nice
Scout
Well, they had to censor the profane words because Google was being puritanical and told sites they would kill their ad revenue if they didn't clean up their content so not much choice there.

Oh is that really why? I never realized. Seems a bit silly that you can freely say much worse stuff than feck, but I guess feck and cnut were the most handy words in the Cafite vocabulary.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?

Yeah, I don't mind either. Just found it funny when I encountered it.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Oh is that really why? I never realized. Seems a bit silly that you can freely say much worse stuff than feck, but I guess feck and cnut were the most handy words in the Cafite vocabulary.
Oh yeah it caused a huge uproar at the time and is why the General is hidden.

RedDevilQuebecois

You know it takes something when a Japanese prime minister currently at under 20% of job approval rating takes aim at MAGA as the ones responsible for not backing democratic allies.

Start going to work, Johnson, you dumb cnut.

GiddyUp

Too fecking right there are concerns. One party will not accept the results unless they win. The only concerns Republicans had about 2020 was how they lost when they themselves are the cheaters.

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
Too fecking right there are concerns. One party will not accept the results unless they win. The only concerns Republicans had about 2020 was how they lost when they themselves are the cheaters.
Not even when they won in 2016. He didnt accept that he didnt won the electoral vote and he was robbed of 3 million votes