US Tour 2015

MDFC Manager

Knew they would take Darmian under their wing.:lol:
I wonder how Darmian communicates with that lot, speaking broken English to people who don't speak English as their first language. Herrera and Mata are probably the broken-English to English to Spanish translators :lol:
Love how they've taken Darmian under their wing. :drool:
So Darmian is hanging around with Spanish guys? :)
The Mata club is an all inclusive, pro diversity club. Doesn't matter if you're gay, lesbian, a llama-human, black or Italian. Everyone is allowed.

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
I wonder how Darmian communicates with that lot, speaking broken English to people who don't speak English as their first language. Herrera and Mata are probably the broken-English to English to Spanish translators :lol:
I think someone mentioned in the Darmian thread that Spanish and Italian were similar enough for people to communicate in their own languages. Like Danish, Swedish and Norwegian I suppose.
Hasn't Mata backpacked around Europe in his spare time? Maybe he knows Italian to a conversational level?

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Hasn't Mata backpacked around Europe in his spare time? Maybe he knows Italian to a conversational level?
Mata probably speaks 7 languages. He is the ultimate schmoozer.

Vanrouge

LR7

I paid around $180 for two tickets to the Club America game at CenturyLink Field. We also had to drive down I-5 from Canada, but it was well worth it, given my last time watching United live was circa 1983!
I understand. I probably take it for granted a bit that I get to see them often.

Raw

It seems like all Valencia does is smile these days. I'm not sure I'm ready for this new Antonio.

Sid234

Smalling at the press conference with LvG. I have a link to a river if anyone needs one

ChaddyP

is this on MUTV? watching a man blow a trumpet at horse racing. this is why ask

Sid234

Philosophy!! We should have a philosophy drinking game, no presser seems to end without it being mentioned

Sid234

My summary of the press conference:

Q: DDG and Valencia injury status?
LvG: Minor injuries, went to hospital for checkup today. Very doubtful for San Jose game

Q: Have our transfers brought us close to Chelsea
LvG: Time will tell, depends on how players settle in. Players have to settle in and adjust, so depends

Q: Sergio Ramos transfer?
LvG: No comments, Its a process. Maybe Mr. Ramos is in the process, you never know. :angel:

Q: Worried Rooney might get injured during Duncan Ferguson testimonial?
LvG: He can get injured right now falling off the stairs :lol:

Q: Long term expectations of Hernandez?
LvG: Yes, I have long terms plans for him but anything can happen in football. But for now I have a long term plan for him

Q: Is preparation at this point better than it was at this time last year?
LvG: Yes, it is. Couldn't say it at the time last year but it is much better this year. Last year team was not balanced, players had to play out of position. This year I have for every position 2 players and they play in natural position. Even then McNair has had to play at RB even though he's a CB because of Valencia's injury. Says Darmian is Valencia's backup.

LvG: We sold more than 17 players since i came in, No one talks about that.
Q: Is that because they weren't good enough?
LvG: He basically says Yes.

Q:Long question about playing Rooney up front and what his expectations are of Rooney this season?
LvG: Says media has more knowledge than him and he has listened to them. So now Rooney is there!(Playing upfront). Was asked again by another journo about his expectations from Roo, Van Gaal replied: "Same as i expected from Falcao, RvP."

Q: Rooney as captain over last year?
LvG: He's a great captain, better than I expected. Couldn't have done better and all players have accepted him as captain. 2nd Captain: Carrick. Apparently Smalling is now our 3rd captain

Philosophy!! We should have a philosophy drinking game, no presser seems to end without it being mentioned

Also: Lindegaard not going to play tomorrow either, not risking an injury to him. Johnstone to play 90 minutes according to LvG's interview with MUTV.

Edit: I didnt include the part about the surprise signing in the summary. Here's a quote on that from manutd.com

“He is in the process,” said the boss. “It's not the striker the media has written about. You have to wait and see. The transfer period is open until the 1 September so we have to wait.”

Last edited:

Sid234

3 interesting points from the presser:
1.) He seems very confident about signing the surprise player.

2.) Hernandez looks set to be our #2 striker for the season. Maybe #3, depending on who the surprise signing is.

3.) Valencia is 1st choice RB

Last edited:

kundalini

Thanks for the summary.

Sounds like same line-ups as first match but with Johnstone in goal both halves.

pseudo_canadian

1.) He seems very confident about signing the striker, and looks like it's a player no one in the media has seriously linked us with yet.

2.) Hernandez looks set to be our #2 striker for the season. Maybe #3, depending on who the surprise signing is.

3.) Valencia is 1st choice RB[/QUOTE]
Wait, what? Then what in the feck was the point of buying Darmian? LVG is off his rocker if he thinks a failed winger is a better fullback than an internationally established defender. Christ.

Sid234

Wait, what? Then what in the feck was the point of buying Darmian? LVG is off his rocker if he thinks a failed winger is a better fullback than an internationally established defender. Christ.
I think Van Gaal won't rush Darmian till he thinks he's ready to play in the league.The settling in and adaptation period that he keeps talking about must be the reason why Tony V is the starting RB. Darmian has to be ready to deal with the physicality and pace of the PL, It's a big jump from the Serie A

RRCE

I think Van Gaal won't rush Darmian till he thinks he's ready to play in the league.The settling in and adaptation period that he keeps talking about must be the reason why Tony V is the starting RB. Darmian has to be ready to deal with the physicality and pace of the PL, It's a big jump from the Serie A
Exactly. Darmian was clearly bought with a view of him being the first choice right back, but he's going to have to earn it. Moreover, LVG will be determined to avoid a poor start to the season, as we had last year. Starting with the more experienced Valencia against a pretty decent Tottenham team may be the prudent choice.

MDFC Manager

1.) He seems very confident about signing the striker, and looks like it's a player no one in the media has seriously linked us with yet.

3.) Valencia is 1st choice RB
What six he say about signing a striker? Asking cuz there is nothing about it in your summary. Thanks for the summary by the way

Mali_Zeus

Did he say Valencia is a better RB.

No he didnt.

Darmian needs settling in and I'm sure he'll be a starter in a few weeks since season starts.

LR7

He's giving Valencia a chance to keep his place. There is nothing wrong with that.

Vanrouge

I understand. I probably take it for granted a bit that I get to see them often.
Oh, sure. No worries. I wasn't offended at all, but it is kind of hilarious (in a sad way) that I find myself paying that kind of cash for a friendly, whereas it used to cost me a couple of quid to go through the turnstiles at the Stretty!