US Tour 2015

AtlMuppet

Don't want to ruin your happiness but the south American players have Copa America this summer so Messi, Neymar, Di Maria etc won't be there for these pre season games
Are you sure about that? Copa América finishes July 4. The match is on July 25. Didn't our WC players join up in the later stages of the US tour last year?

bishblaize

Are you sure about that? Copa América finishes July 4. The match is on July 25. Didn't our WC players join up in the later stages of the US tour last year?
Only those who got knocked out at the group stage.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
Looking at the schedule on wiki page, looks like there are no inter-group final later like last time when we played Liverpool in final.

Gazza

MUFC vs San Jose Quakes pre sale is now open. Game is on Tuesday July 21 in Berkeley. You have to buy the tickets from the UC Berkeley athletics website (Cal Athletics).

Password is ONEUNITED ... There are others but that one works

SirAF

Ageist
I think they will be there if they are knocked out early. If they reach the final, I doubt they will be back for the tour and rightfully so to be honest.

AtlMuppet

Looking at the schedule on wiki page, looks like there are no inter-group final later like last time when we played Liverpool in final.
It's a plain league this year, I think.

I think they will be there if they are knocked out early. If they reach the final, I doubt they will be back for the tour and rightfully so to be honest.
That's fair enough. I remember that even for the WC, only the players knocked out in the group stages (Rooney, Shaw, Mata etc) came to the tour while guys like Januzaj and Van Persie didn't.

Ah, there's enough European talent in the two teams to be a cracker of a game even without their front three and Di Maria. :(

SirAF

Ageist

Ah, there's enough European talent in the two teams to be a cracker of a game even without their front three and Di Maria. :(
I wouldn't worry, Ed will provide fresh talent :drool:

Dracula

caf plane air-master
Cannot believe people are paying hundreds of dollars to see us pre season!

Anyway. I'm guessing since tickets are being sold the times of the games are known? Can anyone provide a link i can't find the times anywhere. Preferably in BST so i don't have to do maths

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
I know it's way too early, but when is the tour squad announced? A week or so before we kick off?

bigredmachine

Running smooth
An absolute dick move by the club! I have a bunch of friends (some from the mid west) who were to fly into SF for this game. Refunding a $100 ticket is one thing, but what about Flight tickets/hotels. The US is such a huge country, travelling within this country involves more time, effort and money than travelling within England.

lifted

If it was a massive flight across time zones then it would be more understandable, but a four hour round trip? It's just like going to Birmingham and back.

LilRicky

unless Woody and LVG get busy in the next 7-10 days this tour will be serious anti-climatic! :(

J-Stander

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
They've changed from a 60k seater stadium to an 18k seater? Sounds like the tickets weren't selling as well as they'd have hoped.

Shimo

They've changed from a 60k seater stadium to an 18k seater? Sounds like the tickets weren't selling as well as they'd have hoped.
Be shocked if they couldn't sell more than 16k in the Bay Area. That's a lot of money left on the table and to me shows how much the club are willing to do whatever LVG thinks is needed to get back to winning ways because ultimately success is what's going to continue to fuel the world wide marketing wheel.

Loublaze

ATLien
An absolute dick move by the club! I have a bunch of friends (some from the mid west) who were to fly into SF for this game. Refunding a $100 ticket is one thing, but what about Flight tickets/hotels. The US is such a huge country, travelling within this country involves more time, effort and money than travelling within England.
I'd be pissed too. I've already bought tickets and reserved a hotel for the Barca game for instance. Traveling needs advanced planning

ThaReaper01

Cannot believe people are paying hundreds of dollars to see us pre season!

Anyway. I'm guessing since tickets are being sold the times of the games are known? Can anyone provide a link i can't find the times anywhere. Preferably in BST so i don't have to do maths
Think I payed $220 to see United at the Big House but that's dream shit. THE stadium with THE squad. Part of a record crowd. Totally worth it.

vk20legend

It does look like a bad move by united, but that is Van Gaal.. He is known as a stickler for things to be a certain way and we dont know what other reasons might be for change of venue other than travel time..

Maybe he feels the two hour travel back on a coach might be bad for us during pre season.. It is not an option during the season, but it is an option to be at our best when the season kicks off..

We did great last pre season, but had a dreadful start to the actual season, which affected our final league place.. Not saying we could have won the league, but a better start could have pushed for 3rd comfortably?!

So although, I agree it is bad for the fans who had planned this before hand and it sets them back financially, if it helps us start our season right, I am for it..

I read on telegraph that those fans who got their money refunded, get first option on these tickets at the new stadium.. As one of the posts above said, his mates could make the 4 hour round trip and still make the game.. It is not my place to say what they should do.. But cancellations happen..

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Why couldn't they have just done this from the start? They've been saying since last year that van Gaal was going to have a problem with long travels during pre-season so why did they set it all up and then let him change the plans weeks later?

vk20legend

Why couldn't they have just done this from the start? They've been saying since last year that van Gaal was going to have a problem with long travels during pre-season so why did they set it all up and then let him change the plans weeks later?
Maybe the manager didn't know how far the travel was and when he found out, he wanted to change the venue to suit his needs?!

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Maybe the manager didn't know how far the travel was and when he found out, he wanted to change the venue to suit his needs?!
But you'd think he'd be involved in the planning of the whole pre-season, seen as travel time is so important to him surely he'd be looking at that. The whole thing is just idiotic for me. If he agreed to it in the first place without realising the distance then van Gaal is an idiot and if he wasn't consulted to the venues then whoever was in charge of setting it up is an idiot.

ken11

I'll just pay my $10 or whatever it is to watch the MU tour online.

urinates in helmets
Supports
Berwick Rangers
I paid over $400 for 4 tickets to the Barca game but I paid nowt for the flights, hotel or car so I don't feel so bad.
We have a couple of friends in San Jose we're going with otherwise I wouldn't have bothered. Exhibition games are weird affairs. I feel like I'm paying to watch a training session.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
The best part about the US tour is getting access to the training sessions. Much better than the matches themselves since you're very close to the players and staff.

Jammydodger7

I love the attention to detail that LVG has with this tour, I'm all for making the smallest of adjustments to help us in the long run, however when everything has been confirmed and tickets go on sale, that should the it. No changing, this is a terrible decision by the club and it's embarressing, lots of people are going to lose out on flights and hotels.

J-Stander

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

Crerand not going on the tour due to a "budgeting issue" :lol:

Loublaze

ATLien
The best part about the US tour is getting access to the training sessions. Much better than the matches themselves since you're very close to the players and staff.
How do I find info on this? Im attending the Barca game