Usain Bolt

stepic

he should just give it up. he must know all these teams are just using him for his fame, and not because of his talent. what's in it for him? is playing for the central coast mariners purely for marketing really an achievement? he needs to be honest with himself.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
For anyone who actually thinks Bolt can play pro because he is fast please explain why Adam Gemili a sub 10s sprinter who spent years in Chelsea's academy, a football education of the highest level. Wasn't good enough to be a pro but somehow Bolt without an ounce of footballing ability can make it to professional level.

Zlatattack

For anyone who actually thinks Bolt can play pro because he is fast please explain why Adam Gemili a sub 10s sprinter who spent years in Chelsea's academy, a football education of the highest level. Wasn't good enough to be a pro but somehow Bolt without an ounce of footballing ability can make it to professional level.
Because Bolt was the worlds best sprinter. He had the determination to be the best, he's got the "zlatan" about him. If he really wants it, i suspect he'll be able to work hard enough to make it happen. :devil::lol::houllier:

Last edited:

El Zoido

He’s rubbish but if he wants to do it, and if it’s good publicity for the club, why not. It’s not hurting anybody.

limerickcitykid

Because Bolt was the worlds best sprinter. He had the determination to be the best, he's got the "zlatan" about him. If he really wants it, i suspect he'll be able to work hard enough to make it happen.
Gemili is one of the world's best sprinters. I guess he doesn't have any determination. He's probably just as fast than an old retired Bolt as well.

Bolt has nothing about him, he is beyond shit.

There is no chance you have ever played a respectable level of football in your life.

Stick

Supports
Liverpool
He’s rubbish but if he wants to do it, and if it’s good publicity for the club, why not. It’s not hurting anybody.
But the club has a wage budget I think and it will hurt the club and also other decent young pros who want to make it.

limerickcitykid

It is literally hurting the club. The coach and players don't like him and don't want him there.

His demand wages would make him also the highest paid player in the league and mean they can't spend it elsewhere to fit in the salary cap.

Zlatattack

Gemili is one of the world's best sprinters. I guess he doesn't have any determination. He's probably just as fast than an old retired Bolt as well.

Bolt has nothing about him, he is beyond shit.

There is no chance you have ever played a respectable level of football in your life.
of course i haven't, now tell me which professional league did you play in?

limerickcitykid

of course i haven't, now tell me which professional league did you play in?
I didn't say you needed to play pro. Anyone who has played a decent amateur level would understand Bolt is dog shit at football and his "determination" and zero footballing background won't make him a better footballer than someone marginally slower and who spent 7 years in Chelsea's academy receiving some of the best training in the world. And also has the determination to become a sprinter at the highest level.

I haven't played pro. Only some semi-pro and for one of the best youth clubs in Canada and have played with several Canadian senior and youth internationals, MLS players, USL players, Turkish Premier League player, English Premier League academy players, English Conference players, an A-League player and more. So yes I've played with tonnes of pro players and no Bolt isn't close to any of them.

AndyJ1985

I can totally understand players resenting him. You can apply the same situation in any job outside of football. If you've worked your arse off for years and then someone famous got employed in your team, and was earning significantly more despite being far worse at the same job, just because they were famous, you'd fecking despise them for it. He's already loaded, so if he genuinely just wants to play football because he loves doing it, then he should show some humility and respect for his peers and start at the bottom of the pay scale.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
Because Bolt was the worlds best sprinter. He had the determination to be the best, he's got the "zlatan" about him. If he really wants it, i suspect he'll be able to work hard enough to make it happen.
Working hard isn't enough. He lacks the basic technique to play at any decent level. Being fast isn't enough to bridge the gap in ability. He has no chance at performing to the required standard.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
:lol:

What? I'm sorry but Zlatan was brilliant because he had insane talent to go with his attitude.

You could have the strongest will in the world, it won't change a thing if the technical basics are simply not there. Being a professional footballer requires a little more than just desire, Bolt is 32 and compared to even the most average footballer his reading of the game, basic technical ability etc will be extremely lacking. That takes years and years of training and experience to hone, usually from a very young age.

Bolt became the worlds best sprinter because he has insane physical traits which are perfectly suited to sprinting. Sure, he also worked incredibly hard, but it's like saying Michael Phelps would be a world class centre back just because he's the worlds best swimmer.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Working hard isn't enough. He lacks the basic technique to play at any decent level. Being fast isn't enough to bridge the gap in ability. He has no chance at performing to the required standard.
I honestly don't understand how anybody could think otherwise, IMO it's actually pretty disrespectful to professional footballers to think an amateur could just roll in at the age of 32 because he's quick and has a winning attitude. Having played with/against professionals at a very low level, the difference between them and the amateur is very clear.

Becoming a professional in an ultra popular, ultra competitive sport like football is very, very difficult. I salute Bolt for having the courage to try, and he's obviously a talented amateur with a great personality, but him playing professional would never be anything but a PR stunt.

limerickcitykid

I honestly don't understand how anybody could think otherwise, IMO it's actually pretty disrespectful to professional footballers to think an amateur could just roll in at the age of 32 because he's quick and has a winning attitude. Having played with/against professionals at a very low level, the difference between them and the amateur is very clear.

Becoming a professional in an ultra popular, ultra competitive sport like football is very, very difficult. I salute Bolt for having the courage to try, and he's obviously a talented amateur with a great personality, but him playing professional would never be anything but a PR stunt.
It just shows a complete lack of the most basic understanding of football to anyone who thinks that.

The complete lack of any logical thinking is doubly compounded when you consider Adam Gemili, the man who came 4th in the 200m at the last Olympics, only 3 spots behind Bolt by a mere .34 seconds. Spent 7 years obtaining the highest level of football training at Chelsea's academy and then a year at Reading and he was likely never even going to make it pro and only ever made some appearances in the 7th tier. So these people's reasoning suggests being .34 seconds faster over 200m makes you a better footballer than someone who spent 8 years at the highest level of football academies in the world. There is absolutely nothing logical about any of it.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
It is literally hurting the club. The coach and players don't like him and don't want him there.

His demand wages would make him also the highest paid player in the league and mean they can't spend it elsewhere to fit in the salary cap.
Do the players really not like him?

Devil81

If I played for a club and they brought in a Bolt on more money I'd be handing in a transfer request faster than he can run the 100m.

It's a farce and makes a mockery of the careers of the lads that have given their all to get where they are. I said the same with Flintoff's boxing farce and I also said the same when Rio was trying to get a boxing licence, there are kids fighting small hall shows that would do anything to fight at the arena, Flintoff goes top of the bill in his single ever fight.

He made a mockery of the sport and it wasn't well received by any of the pros in the game.

Zlatattack

Look how far it took Theo Walcott

Zlatattack

:lol:

What? I'm sorry but Zlatan was brilliant because he had insane talent to go with his attitude.

You could have the strongest will in the world, it won't change a thing if the technical basics are simply not there. Being a professional footballer requires a little more than just desire, Bolt is 32 and compared to even the most average footballer his reading of the game, basic technical ability etc will be extremely lacking. That takes years and years of training and experience to hone, usually from a very young age.

Bolt became the worlds best sprinter because he has insane physical traits which are perfectly suited to sprinting. Sure, he also worked incredibly hard, but it's like saying Michael Phelps would be a world class centre back just because he's the worlds best swimmer.
I think he'd be great at water polo...

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea

Absolutely, I don't blame him at all for going for it, it's obviously a dream of his and fair play to him. Like you said though, any professional club that offers a contract are obviously doing it for commercial reasons rather than sporting.

Look how far it took Theo Walcott
Walcott has much more than just pace though. He is supremely gifted compared to an amateur. When watching football on tv, it's easy to underestimate the skill level the players are playing at.

Last edited:

Zlatattack

Absolutely, I don't blame him at all for going for it, it's obviously a dream of his and fair play to him. Like you said though, any professional club that offers a contract or obviously doing it for commercial reasons rather than sporting.

Walcott has much more than just pace though. He is supremely gifted compared to an amateur. When watching football on tv, it's easy to underestimate the skill level the players are playing at.
Cmon people, I'm just yanking your chain. I've not even see YouTube highlights of a bolt.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
If anyone wants to see how bad he technically is watch the Utd Celeb Fans mutv docu. He's playing with the ball for a few min and its just so cringy watching him doing keepy ups and trying step overs :rolleyes:.
And then he has the cheeks to say that he could play for Utd :lol:

MrEleson

Theo Walcott is unbelievably gifted at football technically, more so than any player you have ever seen in person most likely. Crazy how people don't understand how good premier league footballers (or any top tier, even Scottish) actually are.
Crazy to think he could be that good to us but still be incredibly shite compared to actual class players. It's like the elite players are aliens to us (and i'm not not even referring to the absolute cream of the crop).

Red_toad

If Jose were in charge there, we'd have constant comments about older player who's clearly not good enough blocking the development of younger players.

No it doesn't hurt anyone, but it's not right, it's blatantly obvious it's all a PR stunt.

Dunkelheit

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
If Bolt would be 10-13 years old, then yes, he could make it happen. But there is no way in heaven or hell that someone who is not working with a football day in and day out for 15 years can make it to the top, hell even 3rd leagues would be a stretch.
I have watched a soccer training with BVB and him playing with the big boys. He has the first touch of a tree and you cannot give him the ball with anyone near him in a radius of 15m. Because it takes seconds to control the ball.

Cliche Guevara

He’s embarrassing himself, whoring around the planet trying to get a contract. If he wants to be a footballer he should just play at the best level he can for a local club.

This business of trying to trade on his fame and success in another discipline is nonsense.

As for those saying it’s just a bit of fun or whatever, football isn’t his or your plaything to indulge some celebrity circus.

TsuWave

Ibrahimovic is one of the most technically gifted football players in the modern era. At United he was in his winding down years, and still made a difference, but throughout his career he could do things with a football that most professional players at the highest level couldn’t even dream of.

No amount of determination Bolt has can or will ever compensate for that. Bolt is comically bad at football.

Edit - oh, you were just joking.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
He’s embarrassing himself, whoring around the planet trying to get a contract. If he wants to be a footballer he should just play at the best level he can for a local club.

This business of trying to trade on his fame and success in another discipline is nonsense.

As for those saying it’s just a bit of fun or whatever, football isn’t his or your plaything to indulge some celebrity circus.
Thing is, this happens all the time. Professional athletes trade one discipline for another. It's not even uncommon. Just that because it's bolt there's more coverage.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Saw him at Soccer Aid and he was horrendously bad.

Like, would struggle against me and my mates bad and we’re all utterly shite.

He has no coordination for football.

BULB

Even if he signs a deal, he won't get more than 1 or 2 sympathy minutes at the end of a game that's already cooked.

Zlatattack

Ibrahimovic is one of the most technically gifted football players in the modern era. At United he was in his winding down years, and still made a difference, but throughout his career he could do things with a football that most professional players at the highest level couldn’t even dream of.

No amount of determination Bolt has can or will ever compensate for that. Bolt is comically bad at football.

Edit - oh, you were just joking.
Yeah. Tbh I regret not adding some emojis