Utd concerned that Jose will resign in May

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skills

Snitch
Meh, I bet he won't though. I don't think there's much interest in him from the top clubs anyway.

Raw

Doubt he will, but if it's true lets not completely feck up the choice of his replacement please.

Donnie Brasco

I wouldn't hold it against him one bit if he resigns, but it would make me very sad. He's done a great job here, becoming our first manager to ever win two major trophies i his first season. Taking us back to the Champions league, first in our CL group, second in the league while spending just as much as Liverpool and still being criticized 24/7.

We are the so called richest club in the world with the biggest revenues in football and we are spending around the same figures of clubs that are spending money on new stadiums and stands, while denying funds for our manager.. Where does all our money go???

Reactions: SteveJ

Jaybomb

Not gonna happen. Mourinho never resigns.

“I never walk away from a job. If they want me to leave, they’ll have to sack me.”

cyberman

It seems to be solely the Mail running it so...
Why ask for trasfers if he's leaving?

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Whether this is true or not - either way it sounds like Mou is putting on a show of PR lately to get someone s attention on the club s executive management team.

Irish Jet

Supports
Anyone but Rashford
Daily Mail for feck sake.

I don't see him cutting and running just yet. He'll want another crack at City - If the board aren't backing him like he wants or if there's a total breakdown in relationship then yes it may happen. There's no way he's made a decision at this stage.

I don't want to see him leave - He's an incredible manager but I'll not be distraught either. I think after Moyes/LVG we have to be pretty careful about assuming the replacement will work out. We've unquestionably improved significantly for the first time since Fergsuon left. I don't see us being eager to get rid just yet.

stubie

he’s still living in a hotel 18 months on! Is he really that committed long term?

Womp

idiot
Why would he resign and lose that potential payout if he gets sacked? Also don't see any reason why he'd leave, unless the club doesn't agree with him on finances or goals or something

izec

Matt Lawton isnt too bad, even if he works for the Mail, journo is more important than the paper.

TsuWave

eh, we'll be alright

though i don't like the public perception it gives regarding the club

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
The Scholes part just reads like someone is feeding the Journalist what to say word for word. :lol:

Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out Mourinho is unhappy, though. I think it's in the best for all parties to cut ties soon. It seems he has fallen out of love for the game and I don't think he's truly adapted well enough in the past few years.

Nick7

Don't really believe it but christ that would be an absolute disaster. Starting the rebuild all over again from scratch.

Andersons Dietician

Can’t see him tucking tail and running not after what he said about Pep going to Germany.

If he did cut loose then, kinda don’t care, the club will move on, but I really doubt he’d leave and I really doubt unless there is a major cock up like not being top 4 or securing champs league that the powers that Be would fire him either unless they’ve finally gotten there act together and gotten a long term vision for the future.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Matt Lawton isnt too bad, even if he works for the Mail, journo is more important than the paper.
This. This. This.

Follow the Journo not the rag.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
How would this journalist know about Mourinho's intentions? Who'd give him such info? Jorge Mendes?

cyberman

@Peanut Butter
But has Lawton had any Utd exclusives in the past?
Normally Custis etc are involved in a Woodward briefing, it just seems to be Mourinho week at the Mail after their exclusive from last night.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
I wouldn't be surprised, especially if he believes he can't compete with City as he has already hinted at. Would be a disaster for us though.

gulli_G

The problem is not Woodward its the Glazer Stingebags.

Status
Not open for further replies.