Utd concerned that Jose will resign in May

Status
Not open for further replies.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
If there's any truth to it I hope we're working behind the scenes on a good replacement. If not who gives a shit? Either way I'm not going to worry about a few rumours in the papers.

NotBrendanRodgers honest

Supports
Liverpool
Off topic: i know the cool thing these day is: - you cant trust the "mainstream media", but there's any paper that you guys trust? Legit question. Because everytime there's a link to some publication people will say: "oh, but its just the Mail, oh, but its the Guardian, its only Marca, BBC.."
The Journalist and their links to a club/player/manager is MUCH more important than the paper mate. One of our most reliable and trusted Liverpool Journos works for Goal.com for example

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
@MaxiPaxi
But there is no info in the article, its a story about Jose travelling to London on a more frequent basis stretched wafer thin.
We all know he lives in a hotel and who says he even has to go out in Manchester in his spare time? Its a nothing commute in a private jet.
Edit he doesn't even credit an insider, just an observer.
Feck I could be an observer
I just remember Lawton being reliable and not click bait as far as I've followed football since the social media boom. It's up to yourself I suppose whether you think it's true or not. But I tend to pay attention when he puts his name on a story.

IronCroos37

Carlo Ancelotti for 3 years. Twice he took Mourinho's teams after his departure and won.

Silas

The article doesn't say anything convincing.

Champagne Football

Conte will take over at PSG in the summer. I wonder would Chelsea give Jose a 3rd stint? Bayern Munich will need a new manager in the summer. Jose prefers clubs that have way more money than everyone else in the league so that might be a good fit.

Paxi

Player transfer is one thing - he can have good sources with agents that give him the information. But eluding to reasons such as "LVG used to take strolls in Manchester but Jose doesn't" to aid a conclusion that he's resigning in May is just silly. The journalist is only as good as his sources at the end of the day.

With players he seems to be backed with a source to give him credit. With this the reasons seem quite fairy like.

This. He even speaks of PSG being a low hanging fruit - they would be even further from his family so the argument sort of collapses on itself!
Thats fair enough. I guess will just have to wait and see. I mean, it wouldn't really surprise anyone if Jose walked out, would it? He's not exactly the most stable of personalities. Maybe Lawton is putting all of those things together and making an educated guess. We will see.

Infra-red

This. He even speaks of PSG being a low hanging fruit - they would be even further from his family so the argument sort of collapses on itself!
London to Manchester - 2h3m
London to Paris - 2h15m

Not a lot in it...

Plus it's probably a bit easier to persuade the wife to relocate to Paris.

Womp

idiot
Thats fair enough. I guess will just have to wait and see. I mean, it wouldn't really surprise anyone if Jose walked out, would it? He's not exactly the most stable of personalities. Maybe Lawton is putting all of those things together and making an educated guess. We will see.
How isn't he stable? His history has been falling out with clubs that are notorious for that shit, we arent. When he does leave, whenever that is, I don't see it being on bad terms tbh.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I suppose it wouldn't be surprising. But even still I'd find it bizzare for any manager to leave the biggest club in the world when his family are based in the same country. You can't really have it more comfortable than that when playing in the global game.

His best family move from here is to go to back Chelsea which is highly unlikely anyway. Lets see.

Ekeke

Other than Chelsea Mourinho has tended to last about 2 seasons before moving on. Wouldnt be a surprise

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
London to Manchester - 2h3m
London to Paris - 2h15m

Not a lot in it...

Plus it's probably a bit easier to persuade the wife to relocate to Paris.
Exactly, so why say Manchester is too far from home but Paris is suddenly a mere train ride? The article is just inconsistent. His daughter studies in England and I think he has a son here too.

mike bird

Supports
Boston Celtics
I feel for the PSG manager. Top of the league, still in CL and the French Cup, and playing some fantastic football at the moment. Why would you jeopardize all this for another manager, whether is Conte or Mourinho.

I know for a fact that the owner of PSG is a very close friend of Mourinho, and he has an open invitation to take over PSG whenever he wants to, but this is far fetched to be honest.

walkinhop

Either way, it doesn't matter. We should be better prepared for managerial changes in this climate. Hope we transition into DoF or a board or something where managers wouldn't cause complete overhaul and progress can be sustained.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
I find it weird that so many people seem indifferent about Mourinho potentially leaving in May. I get that he's not the most popular manager alive, but who would replace him in the summer? I can't see many available and proven options other than Ancelotti.
Not indifferent, bit concerned. But the world won't end. We'll find a competent manager out there.

Jacko21

We know most of what is in the piece to be true, but the suggestion it may lead to him quitting is merely headline grabbing.

We’re making far too many headlines at the moment though.

rpitchfo

Given how things have panned out and how quickly pep has decimated the premier league he's probably thinking this is a challenge too far in the short term. Get out, save some face and go play fantasy football at PSG and only have to lose face against pep in the CL.

Paxi

I suppose it wouldn't be surprising. But even still I'd find it bizzare for any manager to leave the biggest club in the world when his family are based in the same country. You can't really have it more comfortable than that when playing in the global game.

His best family move from here is to go to back Chelsea which is highly unlikely anyway. Lets see.
Maybe he just doesn't fancy it - with Pep dominating? Who knows? Family could be just a cover story for all we know.

el3mel

If results were better and Manchester City were not proving quite so dominant at the summit of the Premier League, Mourinho’s domestic arrangements would not be such an issue.

But when life in the shadow of Pep Guardiola looks so uncomfortable for the former Chelsea boss, it starts to be regarded as a symptom of a wider problem.
If anything, these 2 paragraphs sum up this article.

The idiot journalist himself is saying if not for City leading the league he wouldn't have talked about all this stuff.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
I know for a fact that the owner of PSG is a very close friend of Mourinho, and he has an open invitation to take over PSG whenever he wants to, but this is far fetched to be honest.
:lol: How is this forum filled with so many ITKs?

Steven Seagull

I feel for the PSG manager. Top of the league, still in CL and the French Cup, and playing some fantastic football at the moment. Why would you jeopardize all this for another manager, whether is Conte or Mourinho.

:lol: behave yourself young man

Nuts

Would be best for both parties if this is true.

If he can quietly fall on his sword and be off I’d be very happy.

There are certain things Mourinho can do. The trouble is, you can tell he knows it’s not going to be enough to win against Guardiola in Manchester.

He’s done for, basically.

donkeyfish

Doubt it'll happen, but it'd reflect poorly on all parties. I'm hoping he'll stay out his contract, as I believe the club desperately needs some consistency.

If it happens, at least I hope we'll be able to get a new manager with similar style so we don't need a completely new set of players. But I'm afraid that'll just be a downgrade.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
I wouldn't hold it against him one bit if he resigns, but it would make me very sad. He's done a great job here, becoming our first manager to ever win two major trophies i his first season. Taking us back to the Champions league, first in our CL group, second in the league while spending just as much as Liverpool and still being criticized 24/7.

We are the so called richest club in the world with the biggest revenues in football and we are spending around the same figures of clubs that are spending money on new stadiums and stands, while denying funds for our manager.. Where does all our money go???
This. This. This.

If Mourinho resigns Woodward must be replaced immediately.

And I think people would have to start thinking A LOT more about the Glazers.

minoo-utd

I doubt it's true, and I hope it's not. But if he doesn't want to stay I really hope we pick the right replacement this time.

mike bird

Supports
Boston Celtics
:lol: How is this forum filled with so many ITKs?
Sorry, I don't intent to be one. However, after he was fired by Chelsea and rumors were flying about, there was an article in The Times about Jose's friendship with Nasser Al-Khelaifi, and that a possible destination was PSG. However, Jose wanted to remain in England at the time, so he declined the invitation to take over PSG.

Also, an article from Sky Sports

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...take-over-at-paris-st-germain-say-sky-sources

Take your pick.

el3mel

Conte has just come and said this :

So what ? Will we see a similar article like this for him leaving Chelsea ? Definitely not because it's all about United and Mourinho.

Infra-red

Exactly, so why say Manchester is too far from home but Paris is suddenly a mere train ride? The article is just inconsistent. His daughter studies in England and I think he has a son here too.
Presumably the attraction is an unlimited budget, guaranteed league titles every season, a decent shot at the Champions League, and the fact that it's Paris, which might be worth giving up Belgravia for.

AP88

Supports
Man City
Wouldn’t surprise me - he’s not used to managing clubs with a historical ethics and identity to adhere to, and this job has come as a shock to him, IMO.

Would Pochettino come to Manchester? Perhaps, given Levy’s reluctance to pay the likes of Kane and Alderweireld proper money and the prospect of missing out on the top 4.

He’s not perfect and needs to be a bit smarter in the big domestic games (although his counter-attacking approaches in Europe vs BVB and Real were masterful), but certainly more of a United manager than Mourinho, and would embrace the challenge of developing talents such as Martial, Bailly, Shaw and Rashford, while having more power in the market to attract better players to supplement them.

His teams generally neglect orthodox wingers anyway, dependent on with from his fullbacks, so the abundance of inverting midfielders/forwards in the current squad would be of use to him.

Beyond him, there aren’t many good fits tbh; I’d like to see Frank De Boer given proper footballers, like he had at Ajax, and he’d get that at a club like United.

kirk buttercup

Nah Jose wont leave until he wins the league or at least has had a good crack at it. Too bitter a pill for his ego to swallow

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Seen that people say the journalist has some credentials, but when you read the article it doesn't look any different from some posts here on the Caf. Living in a hotel, doesn't seem happy, Pep worries him. It's basically nothing more than a pure speculation of what's going on in his head and as an individual piece of journalism looks pretty lame in that context.

Donnie Brasco

Would be best for both parties if this is true.

If he can quietly fall on his sword and be off I’d be very happy.

There are certain things Mourinho can do. The trouble is, you can tell he knows it’s not going to be enough to win against Guardiola in Manchester.

He’s done for, basically.
If you think that any other manager in the world would do any better than what Jose has done so far with the current spending and squad then you are truly deluded. And a part of our fanbase.

With the current spending we won't overtake City it doesnt matter who manages us, even if Fergie would return.

Sing you a song

It feels like a power struggle with Jose making it clear that he is not happy with the depth in his squad and particularly not happy playing second fiddle to pep .

I'm guessing that before he agreed to join that he was promised he would be given whatever resources he wanted / needed to get United back to the top .
Now the way City have blown everyone away has further highlighted just what a massive job he has on his hands and he is now making noises to ensure that he is given the spending power .....or else

My worry with all this is that it doesn't make it any easier to bring top players in during this window , while all this tit for tat is going on it just causes tensions and confusion at a time when all at the club should be pulling together with complete unity .

The danger is the board think "we are not buying his targets because he might go and the next manager might not want them "

The targets think "I'm not going to United because I don't know who the manager will be next season"

Jose thinks "if I don't get the money for players I 'm off ! "

And so the vicious circle begins .

The best thing we can do is give him a new contract now ( I'm sorry but if he leaves we are right back to square 1 ) if the board have any sense at all they must realise this , take all the uncertainty away and commit .This constant speculation damages our great club , for gods sake he is a winner ( he proved that again last season ) .
Give him the money to spend to make us the biggest and best club in the world again , yes we have spent millions but we can't sit back and let poxy clubs like PSG playing in a poxy non competitive sad little league buy the worlds best and most expensive players FFS Liverpool just spent 75million on a " good "CB !! There is no value in the market transfer fees are idiotic but get with the programme or remain an also ran , we won't get a better manager than Jose , give him an extended contract , big money to spend and for gods sake lets get back to the top of the tree

AkaAkuma

I suggest people read the article, the quotes come across as colloquial and probably from somebody in regular employment at the training ground.

* travelling more frequently to London - its Christmas!
* seige mentality with his training staff - its Jose.

the rest is extrapolation, which fits in with the greater narrative that the mail is pursuing.

"PSG are low hanging fruit for Mourinho" said a well placed source. This could just be another Journalist who is the main united correspondent.

Status
Not open for further replies.