Utd Kits 22/23

sillwuka

Lovely shirt.

£70 for a short sleeve and a fiver more for a long sleeve. I remember when kits were £40 from Sports Direct..

JB7

Lovely shirt.

£70 for a short sleeve and a fiver more for a long sleeve. I remember when kits were £40 from Sports Direct..
And everyone kicked off that they were too expensive then too!

JB7

No Idea why they decided black stripes were the way to go. Adidas have ruined our jerseys with too much black recently. Remember that 18/19 abomination?
Glad I'm not the only person thinking this. Both with this years kit and in years gone by. And yes, worst home kit we've ever had.

Todd

Home shirt wound up looking better than I thought it would when it was originally leaked, but the black shoulder stripes still look totally out of place.

Away shirt well clear of it

Hughie77

I like it. Some cool dudes don't like the collar I suspect. I may even try to get one of these who knows. I haven't bought a official top off UTD for around 10 yrs or so. White one looked like a baseball top last one I got

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
As much as I like the new kits, the kit would have been so much better had they slapped TeamViewer on this: Adidas

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
Why cant he just smile instead of wanting to look tough, fecking 19 featured in kit launch for biggest club in the world, tries to look mean..
Probably read the flaming Olé was given on the Caf for smiling during pressers, and thought better of incurring the wrath of our learned and opinionated members. :D

diarm

I really like it - even the collar and the badge. Maybe especially the collar and badge.

Best home kit since 2010/11 for me.

Kearnkoff69

As much as I like the new kits, the kit would have been so much better had they slapped TeamViewer on this: Adidas
I agree the simplicity of a red crew neck with white trim is classic. Just had a chuckle because what you describe is almost exactly what our kit looked like last season

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Probably the best kit I’ve seen so far ! Gorgeous imo

decorativeed

Lovely shirt.

I'm old enough to remember them being £30 from All Sports. Back then, you could get actual match-worn shirts worn by the first team for not much more than the RRP of the 2022 shirts.

Castia

I'm old enough to remember them being £30 from All Sports. Back then, you could get actual match-worn shirts worn by the first team for not much more than the RRP of the 2022 shirts.

Being from Tameside i remember the days of Ashton having 2 All Sports, a JJB Sports and a JD!

decorativeed

No Idea why they decided black stripes were the way to go. Adidas have ruined our jerseys with too much black recently. Remember that 18/19 abomination?
I agree that one was absolutely awful, but I think it works on this shirt. It's got a mix of elements of of the 92-94 and 94-96 home kits (and maybe also 98-2000), which also had a touch more black than usual.

diarm

You can but exactly replicas of pretty much any shirt you like for less than €15 these days.

There's zero reason to be giving Adidas or the Glazers €100 for a shirt that cost them pennies to make.

Castia

Yeah, I do too! Spent a lot of time there as a kid. The one near McDonald's was the best of them.

Yeah that was the main one. It wasn't so easy at the time to get foreign team shirts but they had all the major ones. I spent a fortune on Roma/Inter and Madrid tops

Ashton these days is a complete dump it's a real shame. The town centre is just full of £1 shops and boarded up empty shops.

TheReligion

Abusive
You can but exactly replicas of pretty much any shirt you like for less than €15 these days.

There's zero reason to be giving Adidas or the Glazers €100 for a shirt that cost them pennies to make.
Don’t you want to help get De Jong over the line? :nono:

daveskimufc

I hate it. Its horrible,
The only thing going for it is bringing the collar back.

decorativeed

Yeah that was the main one. It wasn't so easy at the time to get foreign team shirts but they had all the major ones. I spent a fortune on Roma/Inter and Madrid tops

Ashton these days is a complete dump it's a real shame. The town centre is just full of £1 shops and boarded up empty shops.
Yeah, i think the problem with it is how disjointed it is as a town. Building all that stuff on the outskirts really didn't help the centre. And there's not a single decent pub for people under 60, despite even Stalybridge and Droylsden managing to achieve that. It needs money chucking at it, because there are lots of great unused old buildings that need some TLC.

As for the All Sports, I remember getting an AC Milan shirt from there, and buying it purely for the fact it was the only long sleeved football shirt you could buy back then. Got a really nice Ajax one too. I just wish I knew what happened to the box I kept them in...

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Kit is fugly! United are great at going from the sublime to the ridiculous with their kits. Arsenal have ruined theirs too with that silly button/collar combo.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
I agree the simplicity of a red crew neck with white trim is classic. Just had a chuckle because what you describe is almost exactly what our kit looked like last season

I loved that kit, the only thing is it had slight gradients down it on the players version which ruined it for me.

Also, the stripes need to be all the way down the sleeve, just looks and flows better that way!