Vaccinated Players

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
I have been triple jabbed now (the last one because of the vaccine mandate in my area). But I fully endorse the viewpoint of those young people (and athletes and footballers) who refuse to get jabbed because they've previously had Covid or because they are afraid of myocarditis from mRNA.
You do realise that the only vaccine to be tangibly linked to myocarditis is the J&J shot, right? Which isn't an mRNA vaccine?

Carolina Red

Staff
Precisely mate. Like feeling the need to take a nap on your day off not long after sleeping 8 hours at night. Or just switching off at night uncosciously.

Heart can go skipping like crazy and I've been doing sports all my life. Healthy lifestyle etc. Veins pain especially in some places on the body, muscles can feel like on a massive hangover. First dose was decentish, the second has been absolute rubbish. Still play a bit and do weight-lifts but not nearly as much.

Blocked nose evethough it's 'clear' and general breathing problems like you can't take a full one.

Missus already said she doesn't get vaccinated seeing what it's done to me and I'm definitely not getting my little daughter take it.

I know there are people fine with it though so good for them.
You are literally describing Covid symptoms [bangs head on desk]

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
The un-vaccinated players get all their confidence from the huge medical team, resources and rapid amount of tests. It's abundance of money and expertise. Thus despite many Covid cases in football, there is no single case of a player deeply affected. All have recovered well?

That's obvious selfish behavior, and they also spread the virus which itself is unaccountable. The idea that these footballers are role models should be stopped.
Junior Sambia, a Ligue 1 for Montpellier player ended up in the ICU last year and had to be placed in an induced coma with a ventilator. He was 24 at the time.

Last edited:

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
'something something seasons changing, bla vaccines are great and the side effects don't exist, bla bla do more sport' (hahahaha)

As we speak, dad has just called me mum was taken to hospital with veins blockage and general heart pain. Nothing to do with the second dose she took recently obviously.
I suspect if someone you know got run over by a bus you would assume the vaccine was to blame.

AllGoodNamesRGone

Supports
Arsenal
I suspect if someone you know got run over by a bus you would assume the vaccine was to blame.
Ugh please don’t or they will start trotting our that “people getting hit by a bus are being listed as covid death if it’s 28 days after testing positive” bullshite again. Fortunately it’s been a while since I’ve heard anyone come out with that line.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
There are plenty of deaths and adverse effects in so many people. Obviously not everyone is vocal about it either so I would assume plenty went under the radar - or their stories were censored by social media. The way people here have responded to @Tomuś and @buckooo1978 shows why people are reluctant to speak up.

Here is another who's career has finished because of the shot.

Why is it impossible to say that the vaccines are not a 100% safe at the moment? Why do people have to shame those (and especially those who have previously had covid) to take the jab? Why is there no/less option to get a Chinese vaccine (safest by far) in the west?
Nobody says they are 100% safe. Just massively safer than not getting vaccinated. 90% reduction in death and hospitalisstion even including Delta. And 22 million people in the sample doesn't leave any doubt.

And we call such bullshit out because it is dangerous bullshit.

alexthelion

I am. He said his mum is in the hospital and you have reasons to suspect he's lying because it's happened to too many people he knows?
Because he reckons everyone he knows just miraculously has side effects. The symptoms couldn't possibly be caused by anything else, no, it has to be the jabs and you believed it hook, line and sinker.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Yes it is misinformation because you're implying that the vaccine is only used in China when it is being used in a lot of other countries as well.

mRNA is still new no matter how you twist it and it's side effects are not evident as of yet. Maybe because of you lot refusing to even listen and then aggressively attacking those people who say they have suffered a "vaccine injury"

It's almost like you people are living under a fecking cave and don't see that Denmark, Finland and Sweden have paused mRNA vaccines for under 30 at the moment.
No matter how many times it is explained to you in words of one syllable you don't get it or, more likely, don't want to get it.

Vaccines aren't drugs. They don't persist in the body and don't become toxic or produce long term side effects through things like bioaccumulstion. So any side effects found after phase 3 trials are not long term side effects because they emerge soon after administration but rather are just so rare that they take a sample size of millions to be found.

100's of millions of doses have been given so we know the side effects, even the very rare ones, for the main vaccines far better than for most vaccines or drugs on the market.

Any pause in giving one vaccine over another in a specific age group is normal. You evaluate the risk reward while you pause. Likely these countries will start again soon and/or recommend a different vaccine for specific age groups. The fact that one or two countries are being more cautious than others proves nothing and especially not your general and baseless anti-vaxx nonsense.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Haven't been following this too much but there's no way Qatar will enforce this if say Mbappe, Ronaldo and Messi have all refused to be jabbed for various reasons. They'll be some loophole brought in.

snk123

You do realise that the only vaccine to be tangibly linked to myocarditis is the J&J shot, right? Which isn't an mRNA vaccine?
I would be my house that the actual answer to that question is a hard no.
I would absolutely not take you up on that bet :lol:
You guys woudn't mind reading that again? So mRNA vaccines are not linked with Myocarditis? And J&J is not linked to thrombosis? Alright then.

snk123

Vaccines aren't drugs. They don't persist in the body and don't become toxic or produce long term side effects
Vaccines don't even persist in the body for more than a couple of days - yet you have some people (rarely) coming up with problems after numerous days or weeks. Of course it is about how your body reacts is what we're discussing like the video of the pro mountain biker I shared.

Any pause in giving one vaccine over another in a specific age group is normal. You evaluate the risk reward while you pause.
:lol: So isn't that what we've already been discussing? Thank you for proving my point and read the title again. Footballers and young athletes should evaluate the risk reward (especially when they have already had covid) and be allowed to say no to the vaccine.

The fact that one or two countries are being more cautious than others proves nothing and especially not your general and baseless anti-vaxx nonsense.
Yes, we know everything about mRNA vaccines and covid. That is why back in March the CDC came out and said you don't need to wear masks anymore only to later back track because of rising covid cases among the vaccinated. Also, remember how recently the FDA did not approve the third jab for < 65 because of risk of heart inflammation outweighing the benefits?

It is still an ever changing situation - of course vaccination is extremely critical to get back to normality but people should stop acting like d**** to those who experience or have their loved ones suffer from any probable side effects.

Also for the millionth time, I am pro vax and have been jabbed three times but I also believe that the vaccines are not perfect yet. They will be in time but at the moment, people should not be forced an injection which might harm them or in this case have a slight chance of ending their careers.

evil_geko

Also for the millionth time, I am pro vax and have been jabbed three times but I also believe that the vaccines are not perfect yet.
No vaccine will ever be perfect, after one year, ten, fifty years, because every human body is different and have potential reaction that couldn't be predicted. You can only make it as safe as you can.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Vaccines don't even persist in the body for more than a couple of days - yet you have some people (rarely) coming up with problems after numerous days or weeks. Of course it is about how your body reacts is what we're discussing like the video of the pro mountain biker I shared.
His symptoms arose straight after administration. Do you not understand what persist means?

:lol: So isn't that what we've already been discussing? Thank you for proving my point and read the title again. Footballers and young athletes should evaluate the risk reward (especially when they have already had covid) and be allowed to say no to the vaccine.
Prove your point? What on earth are you talking about. It does no such thing. One very very rare serious side effect (assuming it is true) doesn't mean vaccines aren't a better less risky option.

Yes, we know everything about mRNA vaccines and covid. That is why back in March the CDC came out and said you don't need to wear masks anymore only to later back track because of rising covid cases among the vaccinated. Also, remember how recently the FDA did not approve the third jab for < 65 because of risk of heart inflammation outweighing the benefits?
What has mask advice got to do with mRNA vaccine safety? A study involving 22 million people show a 90% reduction in death and hospitalisation vs a handful of serious side effects. It is overwhelming and you have to be an idiot not to get vaccinated with whatever is approved for your age group.

It is still an ever changing situation - of course vaccination is extremely critical to get back to normality but people should stop acting like d**** to those who experience or have their loved ones suffer from any probable side effects.
People who won't get vaccinated or worse are outright anti-vax are cnuts who deserve to be ridiculed and punished for being so selfish. And someone you know having serious side effects (and not people like Tomus who is blaming vaccines for long covid symptoms) is a) very rare and b) makes no sense as the risk hasn't changed. I had AZ and lets say my wife had a serious reaction or even died I'd still get the shot myself. Why wouldn't I as the risk hasn't changed.

Also for the millionth time, I am pro vax and have been jabbed three times but I also believe that the vaccines are not perfect yet. They will be in time but at the moment, people should not be forced an injection which might harm them or in this case have a slight chance of ending their careers.
So why are you pushing all this anti-vax nonsense? Attitudes like yours is what is feeding vaccine reluctance which is slowing our return to normal and killing people.

alexthelion

. Footballers and young athletes should evaluate the risk reward (especially when they have already had covid) and be allowed to say no to the vaccine.
Fine, as long as those who decline the vaccine are then banned from football until they do.

Murray3007

What does it matter to any one else if someone is vaccinated or not ? you still pass the virus on the same, you can still get long covid while having it, only lessens the symptoms at the time for the person,

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
What does it matter to any one else if someone is vaccinated or not ? you still pass the virus on the same, you can still get long covid while having it, only lessens the symptoms at the time for the person,
Every single viable study done so far, and all the statistics, indicate that the rate of transmission is lowered in vaccinated individuals. Those studies have been carried out in different household settings and several have taken in statistics from hundreds of thousands of people.

The highlighted text is wrong, and is an example of how and why younger people are not getting the vaccine. They are grossly misinformed, but make an argument based on what they read on Facebook or what their mate said at the pub.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
This "take" has been responded to so many times already in this and similar threads. It's so tedious reading this bollocks every time you open up a covid related thread.

Andersonson

Fine, as long as those who decline the vaccine are then banned from football until they do.
Footballers at Prem level gets tested all the time. If someone has an excuse not to get the jabs it's people like them. They're not risking other fotballers.

Also, for those who has had covid 2 times don't need a vaccine

Murray3007

Every single viable study done so far, and all the statistics, indicate that the rate of transmission is lowered in vaccinated individuals. Those studies have been carried out in different household settings and several have taken in statistics from hundreds of thousands of people.

The highlighted text is wrong, and is an example of how and why younger people are not getting the vaccine. They are grossly misinformed, but make an argument based on what they read on Facebook or what their mate said at the pub.
Could assure you it aint, I work in the NHS, also been double vaccinated as well, what you see on the TV aint near the truth, that is a FACT, dont have facebook so have no idea what goes on there, have seen people outside Asda lately giving out false information saying it is all a hoax etc, so can understand why some people get confused with it all, but if your taking your info from the BBC, ITV or Sky news do so with a pinch of salt.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Could assure you it aint, I work in the NHS, also been double vaccinated as well, what you see on the TV aint near the truth, that is a FACT, dont have facebook so have no idea what goes on there, have seen people outside Asda lately giving out false information saying it is all a hoax etc, so can understand why some people get confused with it all, but if your taking your info from the BBC, ITV or Sky news do so with a pinch of salt.
You work in the NHS as what? You can't even write a sentence properly. :lol:

Red_toad

Where did you get that gem from? As it very much incorrect.

Ekkie Thump

Supports
Leeds United
The information you need to realise you're holding a false position is freely available in the actual studies that have been published online.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
prob some of the hardest working people in the NHS to be fair, good to see your clearly a tosser. who thinks certain jobs are beneath them by the sounds of it.
As someone who works (presumably in a clerical role) for the NHS and is spreading lies about the vaccine, you aren't in a position to take the moral high ground. Even if he is being a tosser.

Murray3007

The information you need to realise you're holding a false position is freely available in the actual studies that have been published online.
yeah you are correct they are all published, also all backed by government money as well.

Ekkie Thump

Supports
Leeds United
yeah you are correct they are all published, also all backed by government money as well.
Ah, the scientists are all liars as well. I'll leave you to dispose of your tinfoil as you see fit. Cheerio.

Murray3007

As someone who works (presumably in a clerical role) for the NHS and is spreading lies about the vaccine, you aren't in a position to take the moral high ground. Even if he is being a tosser.
I don't work in a clerical role for a start, also ain't lying about anything, you are aware you can directly write to your local hospitals and ask for a copy of Covid Deaths rates, with ages and underlying health issues, infection rates of the vaccinated and unvaccinated etc and you will get some proper information ? or you just going to stick with what you see on the news ?

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
I don't work in a clerical role for a start, also ain't lying about anything, you are aware you can directly write to your local hospitals and ask for a copy of Covid Deaths rates, with ages and underlying health issues, infection rates of the vaccinated and unvaccinated etc and you will get some proper information ? or you just going to stick with what you see on the news ?
Why would I want to write to my local hospital to get a small sample of data which won't prove or disprove anything. Christ alive you are stupid.

What do you do in the NHS? You used the fact you work there to say that you know something that we don't. How is it that you are privy to information that leading scientists aren't seeing or are hiding from us?

Murray3007

Vaccine misinformation
Why would I want to write to my local hospital to get a small sample of data which won't prove or disprove anything. Christ alive you are stupid.

What do you do in the NHS? You used the fact you work there to say that you know something that we don't. How is it that you are privy to information that leading scientists aren't seeing or are hiding from us?
well it would prove or disprove most of your crackpot idea's,

currently working as a bed control coordinator, i don't have information that no one else can get but you just said you wouldn't want to ask for it because seemingly it wont prove or disprove anything, yet Christ alive I am the stupid one, stick to watching the BBC

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
well it would prove or disprove most of your crackpot idea's,
No it wouldn't. Any data you get from a local hospital will be data surrounding hospitalisation and deaths from covid. You can't draw any conclusions on the effectiveness of the vaccine on transmission from hospital data because it doesn't include any people with covid who weren't hospitalised.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
I'm done. This person is lost. At least he's not in a medical position and so, shouldn't be taken seriously by most.

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
The fact that you work in the NHS is totally irrelevant, even if it was in a clinical role, and is not some shield to be used while spreading misinformation.

It's funny how often people say they've been double jabbed before dropping the same lines about how it doesn't stop spread, side effects, do your own research etc.