Vaccinated Players

jackal&hyde

To think that a few years ago the antivaccinist were the small ish crazy group in a similar category as young earth creationist, reptilians, flat earth etc, and now, they are a significant part of society, during a pandemic no less.

The anti intellectualism movement driven from social media is truly incredible. Every halfwit with an internet connection thinks that his "opinion" is just as valid as that of an expert in the field. Were people always this stupid and social media is just pointing a light on them or are they truly multiplying?

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
I think players should realise that one doesn’t get vaccinated for themselves alone but for the broader community. There is an element of social responsibility in this.

Mailo

Quality control
Could assure you it aint, I work in the NHS, also been double vaccinated as well, what you see on the TV aint near the truth, that is a FACT, dont have facebook so have no idea what goes on there, have seen people outside Asda lately giving out false information saying it is all a hoax etc, so can understand why some people get confused with it all, but if your taking your info from the BBC, ITV or Sky news do so with a pinch of salt.
I'm with you, bro.
Never will get vaccinated, neither my children or anyone in my close family.
There's a mass psychosis going on in the world at the moment.

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
I'm with you, bro.
From the BMJ:
Unvaccinated Americans have died at 11 times the rate of those fully vaccinated since the delta variant became the dominant strain, indicate surveillance data gathered over the summer by the US Centers for Disease Control.

Vaccinated people were 10 times less likely to be admitted to hospital and five times less likely to be infected than unvaccinated people, found one study that tracked adults across 13 states and cities.1

Levels of protection were lower than were conferred by vaccines offered at the end of spring, the study found. Vaccine efficacy has declined since the delta variant became dominant around 20 June. The decline in efficacy against hospital admission or death was small, but the protection offered against infection has slipped more significantly.
I will never understand why people want to put themselves, their families and even their kids in a position of more risk.

Red_toad

prob some of the hardest working people in the NHS to be fair, good to see your clearly a tosser. who thinks certain jobs are beneath them by the sounds of it.
Sorry I think you have me wrong with that attack the poster post. Simply pointing out that you don't need to be great at writing if you work as some kind of domestic worker. I did not state they were any less or more harder working, only that the requirements to get in are far less!

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I imagine reading this thread is what a lobotomy feels like. Christ almighty how has our species survived this long.

Tarrou

I'm with you, bro.
how are you with him? he is vaccinated

you're with a group of conspiracy theorists with a belief that is unfathomably unlikely to be correct based on the data

you are more likely to win the lottery three weekends in a row than you are to be right about this

and you're putting your families lives at risk on the back of that punt

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
I find it quite sad to see, its quite baffling.
It is so clear that vaccination means less chance of hospitalisation, less chance of death and less chance of harm to those around you, I can't understand why anything else really matters, the rest is all window dressing!

snk123

Quality control
Here we go - another round of poster bashing because she said anecdotal evidence suggests that vaccines are not that effective at the moment. You guys do realise that these arguments only arise because vaccines have not been as good as we had hoped they would be?

I remember a few months back when there were some breakthrough cases in Seychelles (the most vaccinated country), everyone started blaming the chinese vaccine. Then we had lots of breakthrough cases in Israel and everyone was like, this is how it was supposed to happen... vaccines are only supposed to prevent hospitalization.

You should obviously get vaccinated and urgently if you have any underlying conditions but acknowledging and understanding why young healthy people are not rushing to do so should not make you an anti-vaxxer, dumb or conspiracy mongerer.

Merck is seeking emergency approval of molnupiravir, anti-covid nasal sprays are showing a lot of effectiveness. I don't think vaccines alone are the way out of this pandemic because of the different strains and their effectiveness against them.

Tarrou

Here we go - another round of poster bashing because she said anecdotal evidence suggests that vaccines are not that effective at the moment. You guys do realise that these arguments only arise because vaccines have not been as good as we had hoped they would be?
really?

nothing to do with the huge amounts of disinformation on the internet then?

AllGoodNamesRGone

Supports
Arsenal

I remember a few months back when there were some breakthrough cases in Seychelles (the most vaccinated country), everyone started blaming the chinese vaccine. Then we had lots of breakthrough cases in Israel and everyone was like, this is how it was supposed to happen... vaccines are only supposed to prevent hospitalization.

You should obviously get vaccinated and urgently if you have any underlying conditions but acknowledging and understanding why young healthy people are not rushing to do so should not make you an anti-vaxxer, dumb or conspiracy mongerer.

Merck is seeking emergency approval of molnupiravir, anti-covid nasal sprays are showing a lot of effectiveness. I don't think vaccines alone are the way out of this pandemic because of the different strains and their effectiveness against them.
Tl/dr

SuperiorXI

I imagine reading this thread is what a lobotomy feels like. Christ almighty how has our species survived this long.
There has always been (and always will be) thick cnuts in the world. Smart phones have connected the world in an unbelievable way; it's surprising that people don't seem even more stupid to be honest.

AllGoodNamesRGone

Supports
Arsenal
I don't work in a clerical role for a start, also ain't lying about anything, you are aware you can directly write to your local hospitals and ask for a copy of Covid Deaths rates, with ages and underlying health issues, infection rates of the vaccinated and unvaccinated etc and you will get some proper information ? or you just going to stick with what you see on the news ?
He’s not said it outright but this pretty much boils down to “do your own research”.

Anti-vaxxers really are insufferable

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons

You do seem to understand why vaccines are important so why do you keep bringing up the fact they’re less effective than hoped as justification for not taking one? It’s a really dumb argument. Yes, they are less effective than we hoped against delta after amazing efficacy against earlier strains. But the efficacy that we’re seeing against delta is still absolutely excellent. More than we dared hope when they were first being developed. And the balance of risk vs benefit for everyone is still indisputably in favour of getting vaccinated.

The one and only area where there is some uncertainty is about people who have already caught covid. Their rationale for getting vacccinated is not as black abd white as someone who never had covid in the past. Although they can consider the vaccine as a form of booster to their natural immunity. A booster that is a hell of a lot safer than catching covid. Which is the only other way their immunity will ever get refreshed.

Conor

'Vaccines are not that effective at the moment', really? That's odd, because the 7 day death averages in my country have gone from like 60 to low single digits in the past 9 months.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
'Vaccines are not that effective at the moment', really? That's odd, because the 7 day death averages in my country have gone from like 60 to low single digits in the past 9 months.
You can’t use logic to get someone out of a position they didn’t use logic to arrive at.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
I'm with you, bro.
If only such stupidity only affected you.

ShinjiNinja26

Vaccination should be made mandatory in order to take part in the World Cup. Any Player that refuses unless they’re medically exempt doesn’t go, simple as.

alexthelion

yeah you are correct they are all published, also all backed by government money as well.
Better make sure that tinfoil doesn't fall off, you never know what might happen.

Although reading your posts, I'm not sure you have enough on, maybe another layer would help.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I wish they would make the vaccine mandatory for voting. Quite sure it would end war, world hunger, poverty and the question of the meaning of life.

I don't work in a clerical role for a start
currently working as a bed control coordinator,
Might not be a clerical role but it's hardly curing cancer either is it?

I mean there's a job posted online that has this as one of it's key requirements:
  • Accepts telephone calls and routes calls appropriately

I could be wrong here, but i don't think the NHS put that in the job description when they're searching for the doctors and nurses who actually have to treat Covid.

American sport has it right. The Brooklyn Nets are refusing to play one of their star players until he gets vaccinated.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
To think that a few years ago the antivaccinist were the small ish crazy group in a similar category as young earth creationist, reptilians, flat earth etc, and now, they are a significant part of society, during a pandemic no less.

The anti intellectualism movement driven from social media is truly incredible. Every halfwit with an internet connection thinks that his "opinion" is just as valid as that of an expert in the field. Were people always this stupid and social media is just pointing a light on them or are they truly multiplying?
Think there were always this many stupid people, social media is just illuminating them just like all the bad cops in my country.

reelworld

American sport has it right. The Brooklyn Nets are refusing to play one of their star players until he gets vaccinated.
Have you seen Irving IG post? Such an amazing car crash of a drivel :lol:
He actually believe he's doing this for a greater good.

Nets already confirm they wont offer him a contract extension, and he most likely missing out on millions more for not playing this season.

Tarrou

I am pretty sure he’ll have a change of heart now it’s apparent they won’t renew his contract and no one else will touch him until get gets jabbed

Ekkie Thump

Supports
Leeds United
Have you seen Irving IG post? Such an amazing car crash of a drivel :lol:
He actually believe he's doing this for a greater good.

Nets already confirm they wont offer him a contract extension, and he most likely missing out on millions more for not playing this season.
Props to him for having the courage of his convictions, shame about his convictions.

snk123

Quality control
You do seem to understand why vaccines are important so why do you keep bringing up the fact they’re less effective than hoped as justification for not taking one? It’s a really dumb argument. Yes, they are less effective than we hoped against delta after amazing efficacy against earlier strains. But the efficacy that we’re seeing against delta is still absolutely excellent. More than we dared hope when they were first being developed. And the balance of risk vs benefit for everyone is still indisputably in favour of getting vaccinated.

The one and only area where there is some uncertainty is about people who have already caught covid. Their rationale for getting vacccinated is not as black abd white as someone who never had covid in the past. Although they can consider the vaccine as a form of booster to their natural immunity. A booster that is a hell of a lot safer than catching covid. Which is the only other way their immunity will ever get refreshed.
Apologies for bumping this old thread. I was banned for merely explaining why the poster above supposedly from NIH was anti-vax. The censorship on here and basically everywhere is absolutely shambolic to say the least.

You are a reasonable poster Pogue, I'm not justifying or suggesting that vaccines should not be taken. Of course they should be. I'm just explaining that the risk/rewards of taking the vaccine for healthy, young footballers (and especially those who've previously had Covid) are nowhere near as clear as people are making them out to be.

Of course If I start suggesting to look at Aguero, I would risk another absolutely ridiculous ban but athletes are facing some issues which were not as prevalent as before. Sergio Aguero, Fabrice N’Sakala, Wessam Abou Ali, Emil Palsson, Antoine Méchin (who literally blames the vaccine) and many others. These could very well be due to Covid, or coincidences but isn't vaccine related side effects a possibility as well? Why can't we even talk about these? Who is going to make that connection if you can not even discuss this?

Also, I suggested a month ago that vaccination might not be the only way out of the pandemic talking about Merck's mulvonopir. Now Pfizer has come up with a drug as well that has a 90% efficacy for Covid. Why should a footballer risk his career with myocarditis if alternate treatments do become available and authorized?

snk123

You do realise that the only vaccine to be tangibly linked to myocarditis is the J&J shot, right? Which isn't an mRNA vaccine?
I would be my house that the actual answer to that question is a hard no.
I would absolutely not take you up on that bet :lol:
You guys woudn't mind reading that again? So mRNA vaccines are not linked with Myocarditis? And J&J is not linked to thrombosis? Alright then.
Hey guys, still waiting for you to fulfil this bet. So quick to put "quality control" on posts but can't even get basic information right. @Carolina Red

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
Apologies for bumping this old thread. I was banned for merely explaining why the poster above supposedly from NIH was anti-vax. The censorship on here and basically everywhere is absolutely shambolic to say the least.

You are a reasonable poster Pogue, I'm not justifying or suggesting that vaccines should not be taken. Of course they should be. I'm just explaining that the risk/rewards of taking the vaccine for healthy, young footballers (and especially those who've previously had Covid) are nowhere near as clear as people are making them out to be.

Of course If I start suggesting to look at Aguero, I would risk another absolutely ridiculous ban but athletes are facing some issues which were not as prevalent as before. Sergio Aguero, Fabrice N’Sakala, Wessam Abou Ali, Emil Palsson, Antoine Méchin (who literally blames the vaccine) and many others. These could very well be due to Covid, or coincidences but isn't vaccine related side effects a possibility as well? Why can't we even talk about these? Who is going to make that connection if you can not even discuss this?

Also, I suggested a month ago that vaccination might not be the only way out of the pandemic talking about Merck's mulvonopir. Now Pfizer has come up with a drug as well that has a 90% efficacy for Covid. Why should a footballer risk his career with myocarditis if alternate treatments do become available and authorized?
There is a massive flaw in this line of argument that people like you so often miss, I do wonder if its missed on purpose.
One of the key things with vaccines is that if i get vaccinated its not just to protect me. Its to also protect others in my communtiy. Its still possible for me to catch covid if vaccinated, thankfully we are seeing that the risks of hospitalisation or death for those vaccinated is significantly lower than non vaccinated. Sure young athletes are less likely to suffer badly from covid but if those young athletes get vaccinated they reduce significantly the chance they catch covid and consequently pass it on to other more vulnerable people.
The risk reward argument fails to inclusde the positive impact healthy young people cn contribute to the wider community by being vaccinated.
Arguments like yours piss me off no end because they are self centered in nature and simplistic in design.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff

Stop pushing your anti-vax rubbish. A treatment only helps once infected and doesn't prevent infection or harm and does nothing to help us reach HIT. Footballers are part of society and like everyone else need to do their bit to protect those who can't be vaccinated or don't have a good immune responsecto the vaccine.

My son is an elite athlete and his opinion is that anyone who doesn't get vaccinated is a selfish cnut (an opinion he happily shared in exactly those terms with a teamate who was crying about freedom).

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea

Imagine advocating to take a LITERAL mutagenic over a demonstrably safe vaccine. The safety profile of molnupiravir is objectively far more concerning than that of any vaccine - and by pushing a treatment instead of a preventative measure you are actually increasing the likelihood of myocarditis in a given population. Actually being infected with COVID is orders of magnitude more likely to result in myocarditis than the vaccine, no matter how many times you try to dress up your anti-vax whataboutism frivolity.