Van Dijk revisited

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
He's absolutely brilliant, i'm not doubting that at all, but I think his reputation puts players off going near him you know. A couple of times, Zaha got near him and seemed to just give up or turn around

AmanNits04

I think the reason he's so hyped is because he became the posterboy for Liverpool winning their first league title in 57 years (give or take). Still think he's very good, but not THAT good. I don't watch a lot of Liverpool to be honest, but in Oranje he's been decent, but nothing spectacular.

Part of the hype is also the arrogant attitude I'd say. He always has this face as if he's in control (even while tripping over his own feat and conceding mind you)
Exactly this, he has this look on his face all the time, which is really annoying.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
He still does the basics well but he’s played three PL games and he’s made mistakes in all of them now. That’s not what the best defender in the world does.

Ekeke

He does occasionally make some odd mistakes for someone of his ability. Not many over a season though, thats the important part

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich
He does occasionally make some odd mistakes for someone of his ability. Not many over a season though, thats the important part
3 odd mistakes in the first 3 games.

cyberman

Watching Sancho slot it home and not even trying to tackle Martial all second half.
Genuine 0/10 performance

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Martial still rent free in their since he dropped him at Saints all those years ago.

But apart the mistakes, which have more than crept their way into this game, the face when Milner was having a pop would worry me as a Liverpool fan. Looked completely uninterested and despondent.

MichaelRed

Can't believe he gets in people's all time PL 11 ahead of Rio & Vidic. Doesn't hold a candle to either.

BarcaSpurs

He's let the hype go to his head. Plays like he doesn't need to bother with the basics anymore.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Good. You'll never see a clearer red.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Extra game is pathetic. I know it’s a trope but if Casemiro did exactly that it would be 5 matches. They are supposed to be enforcing respect to the referees this season and this was the perfect opportunity to make an example.

Let’s not forget that Wayne Rooney was banned for two matches for swearing when he was inadvertently picked up by a mic while celebrating a goal. Van Dijk was clear telling the referee to “feck off” and refused to leave the field, then have the forth official a torrent of abuse and was dragged away by Klopp and receives one match for it?

Fr. Todd Unctious

Good enough for the cnut but as has been said it should be more and if it was a United player it would be particularly when you'd have the cnuts in the media having a meltdown

Siorac

Let’s not forget that Wayne Rooney was banned for two matches for swearing when he was inadvertently picked up by a mic while celebrating a goal.
I do think it was a ridiculous ban but he did scream directly into a camera.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Extra game is pathetic. I know it’s a trope but if Casemiro did exactly that it would be 5 matches. They are supposed to be enforcing respect to the referees this season and this was the perfect opportunity to make an example.

Let’s not forget that Wayne Rooney was banned for two matches for swearing when he was inadvertently picked up by a mic while celebrating a goal. Van Dijk was clear telling the referee to “feck off” and refused to leave the field, then have the forth official a torrent of abuse and was dragged away by Klopp and receives one match for it?
United are held to higher standards than any other club in the country, sad but true. Liverpool are a bit of a nothing club who have had a mini resurgence with a couple of trophies after 30 years in the abyss. PGMOL are being lenient due to the pressure they’d be under by the vermin’s vast array of pundits (and manager) who wail like banshees every time they don’t get 10 penalties a game.

stevoc

Come one mate completely different situations, not in any way comparable. Of course Wayne Rooney deserved a longer ban...

...he was playing for Manchester United.

Just like Rio got fined £50,000 and banned for 8 months for missing a drug test while Man City player Christian Negouai got banned for 0 games and fined £2000 for the same offence the month before. Or when Scholes and Rooney got banned from 2 PL games for red cards in a pre-season friendly in Amsterdam, Gerrard did the same the year before yet received no ban.

stevoc

I do think it was a ridiculous ban but he did scream directly into a camera.
Did he or was the camera shoved into his face while he was celebrating?

The week after Peter Crouch did virtually the same thing and nothing happened.

BobFromParva

Supports
Whitchurch Alport FC
Been given an extra game ban for his reaction
He got off very lightly then.
He should have got a 1 blame ban for the deliberate last man foul + a 1 game ban for refusing to leave the pitch when instructed to do so + a 1 game ban for screaming foul and abusive language at the referee + a 1 game ban for screaming foul and abusive language at the 4th official when he eventually left the pitch = 4.
If he’d got a 3 game ban then someone would have done the dippers a big favour by classing the screaming profanities at both the referee then the 4th official as just 1 offence, just getting a 2 game ban means that someone’s chosen to ignore the rules of the game.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
The outrage when a decision goes in Liverpool’s favour. It didn’t look too venomous so what’s the big deal.