Vanderson

izak

Supports
Glory Glory Red Devils
Is this our scout doing some work with aidding the manager with a proper scouting report?

matys

Oh this is a real player? I thought it was gonna be one of those joke threads about a hybrid sort of fantasy player.
Me too:lol::lol:

I thought someone combined Van de Beek with Anderson :nervous: that would be instant GOAT

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites

Full Name: Vanderson de Oliveira Campos
Date of Birth: Jun 21, 2001 (21)
Nationality: Brazil

Height: 180cm
Position: Defender - Right-Back
Foot: Right
Player Agent: Bertolucci Sports
Current club: AS Monaco

Contract Expires: Jun 30, 2027
Date of Last Contract Extension: Aug 17, 2022​
First thought seeing that photo was "TAA's younger brother".
On the other hand, my eyes are not as good as used to be.

avgp_1

Anyway has anyone actually seen him play? Would he be an upgrade on dalot?
Just joined Monaco in Jan so not a lot of games to go by. From what I have seen he is a good solid all-round RB. Should be a proper long term upgrade for the position

Good technically, comfortable in build up and defensively very aware, especially positionally. Only thing is doesn't have express pace like AWB, Laird or Walker but still enough pace

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Just joined Monaco in Jan so not a lot of games to go by. From what I have seen he is a good solid all-round RB. Should be a proper long term upgrade for the position

Good technically, comfortable in build up and defensively very aware, especially positionally. Only thing is doesn't have express pace like AWB, Laird or Walker but still enough pace
Sounds good.

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Because we're run by clowns.
It was a 1 year extension he signed. Could have specifically been signed because Monaco knew bids were coming and they wanted to remove some disadvantageous clauses for them from his contract.

daba

Nobody is being disorganised, this isn’t a computer game, and we are yet to move on any right backs. It has been said all summer that we would move for one once we can move one on.
If this guy was Plan A or B for the RB position (if we were to get rid of AWB) and we’ve allowed him to sign a new contract mid-window whilst the the case hasn’t been solved, then yes, I would say that is sloppy and disorganised.

This is all a big IF he is a target of course, but assuming he is do you think Man City, Liverpool or Bayern wouldn’t be keeping tabs on him and his agent.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
If this guy was Plan A or B for the RB position (if we were to get rid of AWB) and we’ve allowed him to sign a new contract mid-window whilst the the case hasn’t been solved, then yes, I would say that is sloppy and disorganised.

This is all a big IF he is a target of course, but assuming he is do you think Man City, Liverpool or Bayern wouldn’t be keeping tabs on him and his agent.
We haven’t ‘allowed’ him to sign a contract. That’s his choice. We could have communicated to him that we would be interested if we sold a right back, but then he still has the personal choice to say he isn’t going to wait for that and will instead sign a contract. It wouldn’t be prudent of us to then abandon our idea and just buy him anyway and have 3 right backs.

Saying we want to sign him if an opening comes up means it does not matter until/unless an opening comes up. Until then, we can’t control what he does and it’s not our business. He could choose to wait and see if we get rid of a player if he wanted to, but he hasn’t.

daba

We haven’t ‘allowed’ him to sign a contract. That’s his choice. We could have communicated to him that we would be interested if we sold a right back, but then he still has the personal choice to say he isn’t going to wait for that and will instead sign a contract. It wouldn’t be prudent of us to then abandon our idea and just buy him anyway and have 3 right backs.

Saying we want to sign him if an opening comes up means it does not matter until/unless an opening comes up. Until then, we can’t control what he does and it’s not our business. He could choose to wait and see if we get rid of a player if he wanted to, but he hasn’t.
Considering both of us are just speculating, let’s just agree to disagree.

I just think if a top club is after a player, even if the interest is under the condition that we sell first, you’d have the patience to wait a couple weeks for the window to close. So that’s where I see sloppiness in our approach in that we weren’t keeping potential targets up to date and interested, especially given the AWB links have re-emerged this week.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Considering both of us are just speculating, let’s just agree to disagree.

I just think if a top club is after a player, even if the interest is under the condition that we sell first, you’d have the patience to wait a couple weeks for the window to close. So that’s where I see sloppiness in our approach in that we weren’t keeping potential targets up to date and interested, especially given the AWB links have re-emerged this week.
We don’t know that we were not keeping Vanderson up to date. Him being kept up to date does not mean that we can stop him from taking the decision to sign a contract.

Acole9

Outstanding
There's nothing in this at all. He signed a new contract just days ago.

avgp_1

Did we wait until he signed a 5 year extension before going after him?
Just an extension of 1 year on his existing 4 year one when he joined in January. This could be just for increasing his price. Barca have shown an interest in him for a while

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
People acting as if we screwed ourselves by allowing him to extend. He wasn’t in his final year in the first place, he had 4 fecking years left to begin with. His additional year is inconsequential if this indeed is even a true story.