Vanderson

jesperjaap

Saw him in a youtube video over the summer of most exciting young SOuth AMerican talents and he was the one that shone the most in video....then saw he had already moved to Monaco. Ive only caught a half of him playing for them in a couple of games, not enough to really judge him, especially defensively as MOnaco were well in control in both games.....looks very very excitign going forward though as a right back, have to say

CallyRed

Atleast we would be able to do the Anderson son son son chant again

jesperjaap

Looks good but stil raw. Depending on the price worth a punt
SAme with Gusto, think Vanderson is ahead, but he is older.

But the raw thing isnt a problem for me.....Dalot is 23 and has been raw until this season, very raw and I still despite his good form dont see a top top right back in him, just a decent one with flaws......both Vanderson and Gusto I feel could come in and take his place by the end of the season, Vanderson pretty quickly.....mor eimportantly I see potentially great full backs in both.

I'd be delighted with either....saying that I thought similar with Bissaka

ti vu

Would really mean a decision would have to be made on Dalot. Wan-Bissaka has to stay out of the two.
Not necessary. Shaw may play more CB next season, so Dalot may play more LB too. 5 full backs with 2 of having a prominent rotation role is not unreasonable.

K Stand Knut

Not necessary. Shaw may play more CB next season, so Dalot may play more LB too. 5 full backs with 2 of having a prominent rotation role is not unreasonable.
This isn’t happening ever when Martinez is fit and playing.

He might be a rotation option there but I still think Martinez will start every game he is fit for there

ti vu

He might be a rotation option there but I still think Martinez will start every game he is fit for there
There is no certain Martinez would come in form at the start of next season. And even when he's fit, he's not play all the time, as seen with this season where Shaw start against City, and against Leeds away (Martinez came on in second half).

Jericholyte2

Why? Dalot is the more versatile of the two and probably a better left back than malacia?
Surely if we’re getting a new RB, it’s to have an attacking dominant RB.

That RB would replace Dalot and keep AWB as the defensive RB.

K Stand Knut

There is no certain Martinez would come in form at the start of next season. And even when he's fit, he's not play all the time, as seen with this season where Shaw start against City, and against Leeds away (Martinez came on in second half).
I disagree entirely.

If Martinez if fit, be is starting 99% of games for United. It’s not a question. I agree that Shaw might cover for him when he is injured but never when he is fit.

ti vu

I disagree entirely.

If Martinez if fit, be is starting 99% of games for United. It’s not a question. I agree that Shaw might cover for him when he is injured but never when he is fit.
Agree to disagree then. As seen this season, when he's fit he didnot always start for different reason unrelated to injury, fitness. ETH even made weird sub by taking him off later in games. Nobody should play 90 minutes every game even when they're fit when there are 4 competitions.

jesperjaap

That RB would replace Dalot and keep AWB as the defensive RB.

Absolutely agree. People mentioning DAlots versatility. DO we need three left backs? Malacia has doen ok and should develop and can play there when Shaw fill in for Martinex through injury/suspension/rest and if we sign a new cb they may play left sided cb too occasionally even if right footed.

People talk of Dalot as an attacking full back, I just dont see it personally. OK at carrying the ball, but there isnt super pace, tehnique, crossing, shooting ability or flare there.

Vanderson from what I have seen is on a totally differnt level in that respect and also worth mentioning, being a fellow Brazilian coudl well help in building a rapport linking with ANtony.

Though Bissaka still has flaws positionally and concentration wise, one v one he offers more than the vast majority of full backs defensively, so we should be looking at improvin gright back with an attacking one. Thats why getting linked with the likes of Vanderson and Frimpong, 100% its DAlot should be going.

jesperjaap

He doesnt even have to be starting all of them, Malacia as a back up to SHaw is fine and he is developing in his first season at the club. Dalot has been here a while now and really has only done well for 3months earlier in the season, as a left back over the next couple of seasons I dont think he is or will be a better ful back than Malacia and he has never been for me a better right back than Bissaka either.

For me he is very much one of a few players we should be able to sell for £20m+ without losing anythign attribute wise in our side at all next summer only gaining with the likes of Vanderson signed, we could probably sell Bissaka for more....but just like the semi v Brighton, if we are playing against a side with a super talented wide player liek Mitouma, there arent many full backs I would have more confidence than Bissaka to do the role, we would lose something in that regard for sure

jesperjaap

I've tried wo watch him since seeign a youtbe video of him as one of the best up and coming Brazilians, really stood out and as soon as I searrched him after the video, saw he had moved to France only a month or two earlier. Bit like Gusto he still looks quite raw from what I have seen, but he has so much ability and goign forward I think he adds so much more than our current options.

Be an excitig signing...though I have seen quite a few links of him going to Barcelona

dutchred

Mazaroui, not hapy at Bayen and has a good relationship with Erik and Antony

bucky

As much as I like him and think he is talented, I am not sure, whether he would be an upgrade on Dalot or Wan-Bissaka currently. Maybe this is just us getting ahead of the scarcity at the position, but I think there are positions we should prioritise over RB.

Mazaroui, not hapy at Bayen and has a good relationship with Erik and Antony
He isn't exactly a purely defensive full-back. He's been used as a right-winger multiple times by Monaco.