VAR and Refs | General Discussion | Forest go into meltdown

Garnacho's Shoelaces

Ref been poor. Bought the dive leading to Galatasaray's free-kick goal.

Booked Bruno for no contact. Book Amrabat for getting kicked himself. But didn't book Torreira for a cynical tactical foul on Antony preventing a counter-attack.

Either very incompetent referee or showing his biases in that first half.

DM07

I like this semi automated thing. Much better than the stupid line drawing in the PL.

RuudtheRed

The Galatasaray goal should have been disallowed...

"If the defending team forms a "wall" of three or more players, all attacking players must be at least 1 m (1 yard) from the wall until the ball is in play."

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline

"If the defending team forms a "wall" of three or more players, all attacking players must be at least 1 m (1 yard) from the wall until the ball is in play."
Absolutely blatant! :lol:

Bangor_Red

That would require refs to know the rules. I see it on fa rules. Unless it differs in Europe?

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Gripping second half with endless goals and subs....and all that gets added on is three minutes?!

I know Uefa think the premier are being ridiculous adding on 7-8 minutes when one time is 3 or 4 up but that shortchanged the viewer, should've been at least six minutes as was great fun.

RedRocket9908

Both coming from our moron captain fouling someone on the edge of the box unnecessarily.
On the first one the attacker he was running behind slowed and caused him to run in to the back of him, there was nothing Bruno could do to avoid contact so its not a freekick.

The 2nd one there was noqhere near enough in it to give a foul, he barely touched the attacker.

Changeisgood

Supports
Arsenal
I think this is the start of a great strategy. When you get done in by VAR or refereeing in general send your football director to give his two words. Hell, you could even create a new football communications director position to properly handle post match interviews.

Ekkie Thump

Supports
Leeds United
How is it a penalty to PSG yesterday, but not a penalty to Bayern today? Makes no sense to me.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
How is it a penalty to PSG yesterday, but not a penalty to Bayern today? Makes no sense to me.
The problem is the inconsistency. Yesterday wasn’t a penalty either. It was an absolute travesty of a decision.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
It literally makes no sense whatsoever. Plus the onfield decision seems to bear no relevance to the outcome. Yesterday the ref didn’t see a pen in real time, today they did. Both times the VAR tried to change their mind, after almost identical incidents. Madness.

Lyng

Yeah but we are not going to hear the media crying about that tomorrow

RuudtheRed

Yeah but we are not going to hear the media crying about that tomorrow
To be fair I didn't even know about the rule until Ruud Gullit mentioned it at half time! I certainly don't remember any occasion where a goal was disallowed due to a breach of the rule.

But certainly I would expect the referee, linesmen and VAR to be aware of the rule. No media outlet is going to talk about it, they're more concerned about castigating Onana

ti vu

Suspension from what exactly?
Exactly.

Make me think, since ETH can't do like Pep, Klopp, Arteta, Howdie, we should oblige Murtough to earn his wage by shouting at the referee when they make shite decision against us again. If he gets suspended for a game, there is nothing to lose.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
In The Netherlands we like to say, "in England that wouldn't even be a foul"! So I'm wondering, what do the English make of this Berghuis tackle

https://dubz.co/v/v8fnm8

(can't find a less weird link that's not region locked)

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
In The Netherlands we like to say, "in England that wouldn't even be a foul"! So I'm wondering, what do the English make of this Berghuis tackle

Were they saying it’s not a foul in England about this tackle?

That’s a disgraceful tackle. Straight red is the right call. That would easily have been red in this league too.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers

It's one of those that players tended to get away with a few years ago. Now with replays that's always a red.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I agree it's a red. The player himself said afterwards it's not even a yellow, because he got the ball and Dick Advocaat and Wim Kieft said afterwards that this is barely a yellow in the premier league.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'

I'm someone that generally hates this oversoftening of football, and much preferred an era of hard tackles, but I think this one is a poor example. He's gone over the top of the ball and effectively scissored the player. That's a potential leg-breaker. Having said that, I'd still prefer the game if challenges like that were a yellow if it meant we could get some physicality back into the game again.

Anustart89

I'm someone that generally hates this oversoftening of football, and much preferred an era of hard tackles, but I think this one is a poor example. He's gone over the top of the ball and effectively scissored the player. That's a potential leg-breaker. Having said that, I'd still prefer the game if challenges like that were a yellow if it meant we could get some physicality back into the game again.
If challenges like that were a yellow then everyone would attempt them because the risk/reward is in their favour, and then when Mainoo or someone else gets his leg snapped by a tackle like that everyone's going to go "how can this type of disgraceful tackle be allowed?"

I can't remember the last time a player was out injured for a lengthy spell from a tackle where a player's studs came into contact with someone's shin, but I can tell you off the top of my head that last season, a scissor tackle from Walker-Peters took out Garnacho for two months last season (no foul) and a scissor tackle from Andy Carroll ended with Christian Eriksen spending three months away from the pitch (not even a yellow).

Scissor tackles are much more dangerous than studs-up tackles because the force applied is basically the player's body weight + momentum and it usually gives the tackled body part nowhere to go, ie all the force gets transferred to the players bone/joint. A studs up tackle where a player makes contact with his studs with his knee bent usually leads to much of the force being absorbed by the knee bending.

90 + 5min

Doucoure just hold, pulls and wrestles Yates at same time and no penalty. Have any other team got any penalty like ManCity did against us?

People need to remember that even if we win games we have had so many decision against us this year that we could have been 1st. Believe it or not. Despite us playing few levels under what we actually should.

Garnacho's Shoelaces

Doucoure just hold, pulls and wrestles Yates at same time and no penalty. Have any other team got any penalty like ManCity did against us?

People need to remember that even if we win games we have had so many decision against us this year that we could have been 1st. Believe it or not. Despite us playing few levels under what we actually should.
Just taking the incompetent refereeing in the Arsenal game, we should be on 27 points and Arsenal should be on 30. 3 points off 1st from one horror show of VAR and refereeing shows how tight it is.

arnie_ni

The inconsistency is an absolute farce. We all said it will never be given as a pen again.

It'd far more a pen that the rodri one

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Should this goal have been ruled out, it looks like a possible foul on the goalkeeper to me?

My boys keeper at wycombe.
Idiotic to mess about with no pressure, but undoubtedly a foul. The striker 2 hand pushes him.
Since when could you push a keeper however douchey he's acting?