VAR and Refs | General Discussion | May 15: Premier League clubs to vote on proposal to scrap VAR from next season

diarm

Indeed there is. One you seem to be misinterpreting. Obviously doesn’t help that it’s extremely low res but you can still see how the red line has been drawn based on a straight line coming down from his shoulder.
I've just watched it again on Match of the Day in FHD on a big tv. There is no line drawn up to his shoulder. The line ends at the knee because that is the body part the VAR official is saying was offside. If they were saying it was the shoulder, they would've drawn the line up to the shoulder.

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I've just watched it again on Match of the Day in FHD on a big tv. There is no line drawn up to his shoulder. The line ends at the knee because that is the body part the VAR official is saying was offside. If they were saying it was the shoulder, they would've drawn the line up to the shoulder.
Feck me. I’m sufficiently argumentative that you made me interrupt the new Game of Thrones to watch MOTD. The line is drawn from his shoulder! It’s a red line drawn over a player wearing red but you can see it clearly enough.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
90+X with X being until Liverpool score.

Klopp always cries about everything but they're without any doubt the team that benefitted most from the refereeing/VAR decisions.
Time wasting sports washing tw*ts got what they deserved. The match would have been over like the first two draws we got. If it was any other club than Liverpool winning that you have said justice was served. Klopp moaning to the officials about time wasting is his job just like it was SAFs job decades ago.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
What a great night for the Arsenal-Villa refs. With Haaland destroying Forrest and the Liverpool drama, their absolute disasterclass will be go perfectly unnoticed.
Mings making judo moves on Saka in the box, Martinez strangling Jesus for no fecking reason and McGinn throwing an ankle breaker on Odegaard without any consequences.
Except of course the player probably missing our first big game at Old Trafford: no biggy.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Why wasn't VVDs ankle breaker not checked by VAR??

RedCurry

VAR tech provides two lines for offside and lines are in colours of home and away team shirts. But somehow the VAR operators always manage to pick the opposite colours. Mildly infuriating.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Should be a red, above the ankle, potential bone breaker, nasty:

Last edited:

90 + 5min

Every week. What a joke of system.

We need explanation. We need mics in that room.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Nothing wrong with it. It's not a clear error either. VAR shouldn't even be involved.

Mendy (again) and James lucky.

cyberman

Refs need a meeting to sort this out. Are they scared to give a decision against big sides? I’m saying this as a Utd fan but I can’t see any other explanation for what Ive seen today alone

Flexdegea

Refs need a meeting to sort this out. Are they scared to give a decision against big sides? I’m saying this as a Utd fan but I can’t see any other explanation for what Ive seen today alone

Looks like it.

I'm big fan of VAR but premier League officials are terrible at it. Not even sure what driving them at times, look at some stuff, then look at other stuff.....but tell everyone been changes and not going to get involved in it

Semper Fudge

Apt Tagline
The way it's used in this country is a joke. There needs to be transparency in the decision making, and the refs need to stop being afraid to give those decisions against the big sides. What's the point of playing otherwise?

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Zero accountability, so they get away with so much crap. It's a fecking disgrace tbh

NieThePiet

Supports
Werder Bremen, Arsenal
How you expect VAR to work with these refs?

Fooza

Hate VAR under these refs seriously it's getting silly now

Amarsdd

Didn't they say, for this season, the communications during the VAR decisions will be public/the decision will be explained? something of that sorts

mu4c_20le

I can't believe the cnut watched it five times and concluded it was a foul

TheReligion

Abusive
The officials in this country are ridiculous really. No consistency in any decisions from game to game.

Its complete and utter incompetence it really is and I don’t know who else would keep their job if they continually preformed poorly.

Okey

Christ the officials fecking suck in this league
Below Sunday league level. I'm fuming so badly I wonder how the clubs own staff and fans are feeling. One of the most ridiculous decisions I've ever seen.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
VAR is not the problem, it works in other leagues & international competitions fine. The PL have an issue with letting their officials get away without any accountability. Seems to be an arrogance from the best league in the world.

hobbers

Either var has to go in the bin or all the refs have to go in the bin. One or the other.

justboy68

They don't even have their brains engaged when it comes to looking at the monitor. Called to look at monitor = "oh it must mean I need to overturn the decision" 100% of the time. Absolute charlatans. Not to mention the absolute lottery of whether VAR decides to act in the first place.

They manage to make it so hard somehow through their staggering incompetence. It's always seemed more or less fine in internationals and European competitions.

Nicolarra90

Something needs to be done, that was a disgusting decision. Simply transform it in a non contact sport or feck off with VAR. It's completely ridiculous.

Fooza

VAR is not the problem, it works in other leagues & international competitions fine. The PL have an issue with letting their officials get away without any accountability. Seems to be an arrogance from the best league in the world.
It is a problem, it's actually making incompetent refs look even more incompetent. If VAR didn't exist today that ref would gave allowed that goal which would have been fine

I'll be all for it when these refs become better, but it won't happen