Varchester City 18/19 discussion

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
As @Raoul said in the other thread. You can't compete with a side that scores 40 more goals than you in a season. They crearc chances for fun.
Just hope we can finish second again,at least.

AR87

Pep has just broken the PL record and Mou did feck all. Pep will win the prem for two seasons in a row and go pretty deep in the CL too. We are winning sweet feck all again, bar maybe a league cup or FA. We will compete for top 4, City will have double digits points difference against us by New Year.
Because they've spent more money on their squad than anybody else in the league and have a ridiculously talented and deep squad, not because Pep is some genius extracting the max from a bunch of nothing players.

cyberman

As @Raoul said in the other thread. You can't compete with a side that scores 40 more goals than you in a season. They crearc chances for fun.
You can, you just need to be a defensive machine.
Accept the 1/2 goal wins instead of complaining why we can't play like them.
Joses first Chelsea side would run this City side close imo.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Anything can happen, but you just get the impression that Pep has diversified his attacking options so much that one player going down to injury wouldn't make much of a difference in terms of the machine continuing to grind forward. Now consider what would happen to us if Lukaku went down for 3 months.

fergieisold

Pep has just broken the PL record and Mou did feck all. Pep will win the prem for two seasons in a row and go pretty deep in the CL too. We are winning sweet feck all again, bar maybe a league cup or FA. We will compete for top 4, City will have double digits points difference against us by New Year.
People need to calm down a bit. City were good today but Huddersfield were absolutely useless! It was a routine win over a very poor team.

Greek9

Supports
Panathinaikos
Huddersfield is just shite, they got wrecked by Chelsea too last week so, let's wait for harder opponents to make a clear judgement and see if City will do same as last season.

He is supposed to show that he can be as accurate and efficient with his transfers as Pep is. Guardiola is improving everyone and his players are playing the Pep way. We are playing the "lets see if we can beat Sevilla or Brighton" way. Pep is currently streets ahead of Mou as a coach and a manager. Mou will shit his pants again and do nothing of note in CL too.
I think you need to look at their respective transfer records again.

Pep - 600m spent
22 players
4/5 regular starters
6 bench warmers
1 forgotten goalkeeper
7 sold
3 sitting at home every week

Jose - 430m spent
10 players
7 regular starters
1 reserve keeper
1 kid
1 sold

Pep's transfer record is simply keep buying players until he gets one right.

Kearnkoff69

You can, you just need to be a defensive machine.
Accept the 1/2 goal wins instead of complaining why we can't play like them.
Joses first Chelsea side would run this City side close imo.
Agreed. The problem is that we haven't been close to Jose's old Chelsea sides in terms of defense. Last season, we allowed 43.54 expected goals, compared to the 31.52 that Jose's 2014/15 Chelsea (title winning) side gave up. Something defensively needs to improve if we are to match City in the league this year.

Renegade

Wise up how? They win the way they do due to having better technical players in every position who are all drilled exceptionally well to understand their role in the system. I think people reference the way Liverpool play against them/that system but that is not easy to do and the ability to do so is one of the main reasons Klopp has been successful.
Don’t go and sit deep is a start.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Agreed. The problem is that we haven't been close to Jose's old Chelsea sides in terms of defense. Last season, we allowed 43.54 expected goals, compared to the 31.52 that Jose's 2014/15 Chelsea (title winning) side gave up. Something defensively needs to improve if we are to match City in the league this year.
Hence him trying to add a top defender it seems.

Emptihead

Supports
Manchester City

Pep - 600m spent
22 players
4/5 regular starters
6 bench warmers
1 forgotten goalkeeper
7 sold

Jose - 430m spent
10 players
7 regular starters
1 reserve keeper
1 kid
1 sold

I'm pretty sure the majority of those 22 players are youth players or prospects. Some of which City had no intention of ever playing at City, but were bought for Girona. The only two players he bought to be regular first team players and didn't make it our Bravo. Who is now an okay backup and the price of 18 million euros isnt that bad and Nolito who was a disaster and incurred an 11 million loss being sold after one year.

Thunderhead

Supports
City

Pep - 600m spent
22 players
4/5 regular starters
6 bench warmers
1 forgotten goalkeeper
7 sold

Jose - 430m spent
10 players
7 regular starters
1 reserve keeper
1 kid
1 sold

You're counting all the younger players who have been bought and sold like Mooy, nowt to do with pep, of the team that started today 7 were pep signings, on the bench 4 out of the 7, go on list all the signings the club has made over the last 3 seasons, there are only 11 or so who were purchased with the idea of being in the first team squad, even zinchenco wasn't purchased with that idea

RedCoffee

Rants that backfired
There’s a lot of bitterness and defending of our own club in various threads that reference Man City. It hurts me to say this but the truth is they are far superior to us in most departments, management, footballing philosophy, squad depth, transfer success. They haven’t spent that much more for the rewards they are getting. It will take us a couple of years to catch them up and probably require a change in managers at both clubs. That’s just the way it is. It’s like when everyone else was trying to catch us in the 90s and couldn’t. It’s their era and we’ll have to hope we can bring it to an end within the shortest time possible but as it is now we have little chance.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Indeed United can sign huge sponsorship deals due to our success and brilliant work behind the scenes commercially and with branding for over 2 decades. I think the point is that you won the lottery and every ounce of your success is due to that, unfortunately for you that view won't ever change no matter how much your fans attempt to muddy the waters. There is nothing unique or special about City, if Stoke, West Brom, Watford or whoever had been for sale at the exact time you were and your owners decided they preferred their name or the colour of their kits it would be them defending their title right now.

When Arsenal had a great team I remember feeling a little bitter about it, downplaying their players and manager. With your team at the moment I am more than happy to praise them to the rooftops because of how plastic it all is. If your mate beats you at a video game because he is better than you it can be frustrating, if he beats you because he uses the cheat code then it is a bit irrelevant.

You are relegation contenders with Joey Barton and that centre back who ended up at Pompey being your best players. That is the last thing you did off your own backs :)
No its not, you're changing the goal posts. The issue of the OP I quoted was human rights abuses by the owners. I've already said, financial doping etc.. are legit complaints. Anyone who has an issue with City being owned by "human rights abusers" but doesn't have an issue with United signing sponsorships with similar regimes is a hypocrite. I skimmed the rest of your bitter shite because you missed the point.

:lol: Looks like I've struck a nerve. Do I agree with all of our sponsorships? No. But the fact you can't see the difference (with your entire club essentially having been turned into an Abu Dhabi vanity project) is hilarious, and has already been pointed out by other posters.

As I said, go ahead and watch your sanitised documentary, and keep putting your head in the sand, "it's just football".
Again dodging the point. You have an issue with City because of Human Rights but not with United, that makes you a hypocrite, stand by your morals and show me a post where you denounce United for their dealings in the Gulf or else admit you're a hypocrite and only care about them now because of football. I just find United of all clubs being "history remembering us as the good guys" incredibly stupid. It was nothing to do with vanity projects originally it was about human rights, now your backtracking:
Here's your exact quote that you have failed to back up my friend.
"Proud to support United rather than that lot. Their desperation to overtake and overthrow us has seen them throw many principles any decent person would have straight out of the window. We will be on the right side of history in due course."

Ridiculous argument, but funny. Your whole club is bank rolled by a state. Not a small proportion of its sponsorship from a private company based in a foreign country.

But keep grasping at straws...
Again another one incapable of reading (seems a common issue on the Caf, when thinks are said they don't agree with). Where have I said anything about finances? or amounts? or even said we are not bankrolled by a state?
I even told the guy thats a legit argument. Its the stupid human rights campaigners who spout stuff like city fans are endorsing human rights abuse, "history will remember us as the good guys", while their club is simultaneously in bed, with many Gulf state owned organistations, that is funny.

Heres the quote that started the debate for you to see how far off the mark you are.
"Proud to support United rather than that lot. Their desperation to overtake and overthrow us has seen them throw many principles any decent person would have straight out of the window. We will be on the right side of history in due course."

OverratedOpinion

No its not, you're changing the goal posts. The issue of the OP I quoted was human rights abuses by the owners. I've already said, financial doping etc.. are legit complaints. Anyone who has an issue with City being owned by "human rights abusers" but doesn't have an issue with United signing sponsorships with similar regimes is a hypocrite. I skimmed the rest of your bitter shite because you missed the point.
"Bitter shite" I think you should have done more than skimmed it as it would have informed you that there is literally nothing I have to be bitter about. It has nothing to do with Rivalries, I feel exactly the same way about PSG and if they won the Champions League this season it would seem entirely irrelevant.

I am bitter that Liverpool got all the way to the Champions League final whilst we went out to Sevilla. Being bitter that Multi Billionaires are able to pervert sport? Nah, nothing to do with the actual game.

It is relevant due to being the source of the overall issue people have with City.

Kearnkoff69

Hence him trying to add a top defender it seems.
That would help, but our defensive problems start in the midfield, in my opinion. We tried to press a lot, but didn't win it back when we did - leaving us open and exposed at the back. The whole team needs to improve.

Shangler

Supports
Manchester City
The strength in depth is ridiculous.

Last week, KDB, Sané and Jesus off the bench. This week, Sané, Mahrez and Foden.

I have no idea what our (City fan here) strongest team is anymore but I’m not too worried about Kev’s absence.

totaalvoetbal

Supports
Ajax
The strength in depth is ridiculous.

Last week, KDB, Sané and Jesus off the bench. This week, Sané, Mahrez and Foden.

I have no idea what our (City fan here) strongest team is anymore but I’m not too worried about Kev’s absence.
There isn't a strongest team. It's a squad game.

Essentially, you want to rotate enough, get results and have everyone relatively fresh in the last few months of the season.

SteveW

City bought Girona, who are owned / run by Pep's Brother. Catalan connection? Try competiting with that..
Yeah fair point. The were laying the groundwork for pep over a couple of seasons

padr81

Supports
Man City
"Bitter shite" I think you should have done more than skimmed it as it would have informed you that there is literally nothing I have to be bitter about. It has nothing to do with Rivalries, I feel exactly the same way about PSG and if they won the Champions League this season it would seem entirely irrelevant.

I am bitter that Liverpool got all the way to the Champions League final whilst we went out to Sevilla. Being bitter that Multi Billionaires are able to pervert sport? Nah, nothing to do with the actual game.

It is relevant due to being the source of the overall issue people have with City.
No its not relevant, the discussion you waded into was nothing to do with anything other than a United fan trying to take the moral high ground about City giving up all decency while he didn't have a clue they were in bed, with 3 groups from the same region with the same questions about their ethics.

And yes it was bitter shite, if you didn't care you wouldn't have went off on a incoherent rant that had nothing to do with what the conversation was about. As I said, financial doping is a legit argument though its funny coming from fans of a club with a £700m squad, still legit. Being an Abu Dhabi plaything and at the whim of the sheikh is again a legit complaint (but again thats worked very well for us).

United are no club to take moral high ground over City's owners Human Rights record given they are in bed with the 3 sponsors I've already mentioned, of course any United fan that shows me the same outrage (throwing away all decency) about United signing those deals as they have about City and Abu Dhabi, I will gladly apologise to and say they are indeed entitled to call out City's ties to Abu Dhabi and human rights. We both know that's not going to happen though buddy, is it? Most of those who post said things know feck all about United and backtrack soon as they find out about United dealings in the same region or divert to the plastic argument running away from their original moral argument.

redchamp

Again dodging the point. You have an issue with City because of Human Rights but not with United, that makes you a hypocrite, stand by your morals and show me a post where you denounce United for their dealings in the Gulf or else admit you're a hypocrite and only care about them now because of football. I just find United of all clubs being "history remembering us as the good guys" incredibly stupid. It was nothing to do with vanity projects originally it was about human rights, now your backtracking:
Here's your exact quote that you have failed to back up my friend.

Again another one incapable of reading (seems a common issue on the Caf, when thinks are said they don't agree with). Where have I said anything about finances? or amounts? or even said we are not bankrolled by a state?
I even told the guy thats a legit argument. Its the stupid human rights campaigners who spout stuff like city fans are endorsing human rights abuse, "history will remember us as the good guys", while their club is simultaneously in bed, with many Gulf state owned organistations, that is funny.

Heres the quote that started the debate for you to see how far off the mark you are.
I've already said there are United sponsorships I'm not comfortable with, but you desperately keep trying to link the two as if they're equivalent. There's a very major difference between the two, and if you don't want to accept that there's nothing to discuss with you further. If you're genuinely interested in learning a bit more about your owners, and the type of issues I'm referencing, have a read of this: https://medium.com/@NcGeehan/the-me...coming-soon-to-a-cinema-near-you-14bc8e393e06

Last edited:

Jack - City Fan

Supports
Man City
I've already said there are United sponsorships I'm not comfortable with, but you desperately keep trying to link the two as if they're equivalent. There's a very major difference between the two, and if you don't want to accept that there's nothing to discuss with you further. If you're genuinely interested in learning a bit more about your wonderful owners, and the type of things I have an issue with (and I suspect any decent person would), have a read of this: https://medium.com/@NcGeehan/the-me...coming-soon-to-a-cinema-near-you-14bc8e393e06
I don’t think he’s saying he has no problem with the human rights issues of our owners. He’s saying it’s notable you complain about our owners but not your own sponsors, as you seem to be suggesting there is a cash limit to the amount of dirty money you can take before it becomes unacceptable. Which is simply an interesting view point to take.

redchamp

I don’t think he’s saying he has no problem with the human rights issues of our owners. He’s saying it’s notable you complain about our owners but not your own sponsors, as you seem to be suggesting there is a cash limit to the amount of dirty money you can take before it becomes unacceptable. Which is simply an interesting view point to take.
You're putting words in my mouth. Not sure how many times I have to repeat myself, United have sponsorships I'm not comfortable with, which I've mentioned as padr81 is desperate to prove I'm a hypocrite/I know 'feck all' about United and am 'backtracking'... No, actually I've been quite clear.

Let me put it this way, read the article I've posted above - ask yourself why a human rights researcher found it necessary to research issues regarding City and write up about it, but not United. That alone should tell you there are major differences here. Anyway have derailed this thread enough, City are a fantastically well-run club, will probably win the league again and the average fan won't know or care about any of this.

OverratedOpinion

No its not relevant, the discussion you waded into was nothing to do with anything other than a United fan trying to take the moral high ground about City giving up all decency while he didn't have a clue they were in bed, with 3 groups from the same region with the same questions about their ethics.

And yes it was bitter shite, if you didn't care you wouldn't have went off on a incoherent rant that had nothing to do with what the conversation was about. As I said, financial doping is a legit argument though its funny coming from fans of a club with a £700m squad, still legit. Being an Abu Dhabi plaything and at the whim of the sheikh is again a legit complaint (but again thats worked very well for us).

United are no club to take moral high ground over City's owners Human Rights record given they are in bed with the 3 sponsors I've already mentioned, of course any United fan that shows me the same outrage (throwing away all decency) about United signing those deals as they have about City and Abu Dhabi, I will gladly apologise to and say they are indeed entitled to call out City's ties to Abu Dhabi and human rights. We both know that's not going to happen though buddy, is it? Most of those who post said things know feck all about United and backtrack soon as they find out about United dealings in the same region or divert to the plastic argument running away from their original moral argument.
Actually refusing to acknowledge the point and just repeating that it is not relevant. The reason that these things get brought up all stems back to financial doping. It is the reason your club is scoffed at and why people want to slate them. Your fans seem to be especially defensive and lack any form of humour about it, terrible tactic. Chelsea fans back when Roman first came in at least used to take it on the chin rather than trying to weasel it down to semantics.

Again, nothing to be bitter about. "Funny coming from fans of a club with a £700m squad" shows the complete lack of self awareness that City fans seem to have regarding this issue. We could have 5 billion invested and we would still have the moral high ground on clubs like you and PSG in this matter.

Manchester United interact with huge companies commercially. I don't know why you went so far to find links for specific sponsorship, I mean just take a look at the unethical practices of Adidas. Any organisation big enough to interact with any of the 100 largest companies globally have made a deal with the devil in some form or other generally speaking. However we aren't about to stop supporting our club or throw away our iphones and wear only ethically sourced clothing.

You just happen to support a club who has been used primarily as a public relations vehicle for a state that commit atrocities regularly. The fact that this is the sole reason you have had the good fortune you have had means you are probably going to have to get used to taking jibes on the chin.

redchamp

Actually refusing to acknowledge the point and just repeating that it is not relevant. The reason that these things get brought up all stems back to financial doping. It is the reason your club is scoffed at and why people want to slate them. Your fans seem to be especially defensive and lack any form of humour about it, terrible tactic. Chelsea fans back when Roman first came in at least used to take it on the chin rather than trying to weasel it down to semantics.

Again, nothing to be bitter about. "Funny coming from fans of a club with a £700m squad" shows the complete lack of self awareness that City fans seem to have regarding this issue. We could have 5 billion invested and we would still have the moral high ground on clubs like you and PSG in this matter.

Manchester United interact with huge companies commercially. I don't know why you went so far to find links for specific sponsorship, I mean just take a look at the unethical practices of Adidas. Any organisation big enough to interact with any of the 100 largest companies globally have made a deal with the devil in some form or other generally speaking. However we aren't about to stop supporting our club or throw away our iphones and wear only ethically sourced clothing.

You just happen to support a club who has been used primarily as a public relations vehicle for a state that commit atrocities regularly. The fact that this is the sole reason you have had the good fortune you have had means you are probably going to have to get used to taking jibes on the chin.
The last paragraph is very on point and not particularly City fans' fault in any way. My original point was that I'm proud to support United and what it represents. Unfortunately for City fans, City represents something more sinister now.

OverratedOpinion

The last paragraph is very on point and not particularly City fans' fault in any way. My original point was that I'm proud to support United and what it represents. Unfortunately for City fans, City represents something more sinister now.
Not their fault. Nothing they can do about it and would get even more harshly criticised for suddenly stopping their support of the team. They should definitely work collectively on being able to take jibes about a sports team they support on the chin though.

M18CTID

Supports
Manchester City
I’ll give Overrated Opinion a free pass on this as he and I have discussed all this via PM in the distant past but I’m not giving you one. The fact is that padr81 has taken you to the cleaners by pointing out that United are balls deep in sponsorship deals from the same part of the world as City’s owners and it’s quite possible that you’ll be bought out by the Saudis at some point which will be rather amusing to say the least. That said, when padr mentioned Gulf Oil as a United sponsor, I had to smile because they’re actually an American company and as far as I know the Gulf part refers to the Gulf Of Mexico. Apart from that though, his general point still stands and in any case not a single United fan has pulled him up on that faux pas. Anyway, moving on:

“Proud to support United and what it represents”?

What, proud of the fact that United booted out some of the survivors and families of the Munich air disaster out of their club rented homes? And then proceeded to treat heroes like Harry Gregg and Albert Scanlon like dogshit for decades afterwards? And when it came to the 50th anniversary and that really classy tribute adorning the front of Old Trafford,ruined it by plastering the AIG logo on it? And then when it came to the match itself and both United and City having special kits manufactured that didn’t have their sponsors name on, the respective mascots accompanying both teams saw City’s mascots in the same sponsor-less City kit yet United couldn’t even stretch to kitting their own mascots out the same way and lo and behold, they came out wearing the standard United kit complete with AIG on it.

You talk of being “on the right side of history” yet the above is all part of your history that you’ll never be able to change.

OverratedOpinion

I’ll give Overrated Opinion a free pass on this as he and I have discussed all this via PM in the distant past but I’m not giving you one.
A. I am clearly getting old judging by my memory.

B. Please don't, I love slagging you lot off for your financial doping.

That said I wouldn't say I am particularly "proud" of choosing to support a certain team.

M18CTID

Supports
Manchester City
Not their fault. Nothing they can do about it and would get even more harshly criticised for suddenly stopping their support of the team. They should definitely work collectively on being able to take jibes about a sports team they support on the chin though.
It’s a United forum. We’re not going to have smoke blown up our arse at every given opportunity just like you lot aren’t on Bluemoon, but we - just as you - have a right to defend our club. That doesn’t make us thin skinned. Personally, if our owner fecked off tomorrow and Swales came back from the dead to ruin us again then as much as it would be a blow to start with, as long as there was a club still there to support I wouldn’t give much of a shit to be honest.

OverratedOpinion

It’s a United forum. We’re not going to have smoke blown up our arse at every given opportunity just like you lot aren’t on Bluemoon, but we - just as you - have a right to defend our club. That doesn’t make us thin skinned. Personally, if our owner fecked off tomorrow and Swales came back from the dead to ruin us again then as much as it would be a blow to start with, as long as there was a club still there to support I wouldn’t give much of a shit to be honest.
I am more so speaking about my experiences in real life. Your lot do seem to really struggle to take it on the chin when it comes to that specific subject. More so than most clubs.

Maybe we just got especially used to it supporting the most hated team in the country all our lives. You lot have gone from being a plucky underdog to the big bad, all part of the package.

redchamp

I’ll give Overrated Opinion a free pass on this as he and I have discussed all this via PM in the distant past but I’m not giving you one. The fact is that padr81 has taken you to the cleaners by pointing out that United are balls deep in sponsorship deals from the same part of the world as City’s owners and it’s quite possible that you’ll be bought out by the Saudis at some point which will be rather amusing to say the least. That said, when padr mentioned Gulf Oil as a United sponsor, I had to smile because they’re actually an American company and as far as I know the Gulf part refers to the Gulf Of Mexico. Apart from that though, his general point still stands and in any case not a single United fan has pulled him up on that faux pas. Anyway, moving on:

“Proud to support United and what it represents”?

What, proud of the fact that United booted out some of the survivors and families of the Munich air disaster out of their club rented homes? And then proceeded to treat heroes like Harry Gregg and Albert Scanlon like dogshit for decades afterwards? And when it came to the 50th anniversary and that really classy tribute adorning the front of Old Trafford,ruined it by plastering the AIG logo on it? And then when it came to the match itself and both United and City having special kits manufactured that didn’t have their sponsors name on, the respective mascots accompanying both teams saw City’s mascots in the same sponsor-less City kit yet United couldn’t even stretch to kitting their own mascots out the same way and lo and behold, they came out wearing the standard United kit complete with AIG on it.

You talk of being “on the right side of history” yet the above is all part of your history that you’ll never be able to change.
I'm ever so sorry United have not been absolutely inch perfect in their handling of every single thing in their history.

Taken to the cleaners, like feck. Yes, United have some sponsorships from that area which I'm not comfortable with (the 4th time now I'm saying this). But yeah, if anyone is balls deep, it's City.

Read the article: https://medium.com/@NcGeehan/the-me...coming-soon-to-a-cinema-near-you-14bc8e393e06

And I'll repeat for you a point you've very conveniently ignored: why would this respected human rights researcher do this piece on City, but not United? I mean they're so very obviously the same thing according to you and your qualified opinion on such matters. Jog on

M18CTID

Supports
Manchester City
A. I am clearly getting old judging by my memory.

B. Please don't, I love slagging you lot off for your financial doping.

That said I wouldn't say I am particularly "proud" of choosing to support a certain team.
To be fair, we “only” spent £60 million this summer window mate ;)

Anyway, despite all the financial doping the dozy twats printed the wrong entrance number on thousands of seasoncards which resulted in all kinds of chaos this afternoon. My mate was part of a very long queue of fans who had to go in via the disabled entrance:lol:

Can23

Supports
Liverpool
I am more so speaking about my experiences in real life. Your lot do seem to really struggle to take it on the chin when it comes to that specific subject. More so than most clubs.

Maybe we just got especially used to it supporting the most hated team in the country all our lives. You lot have gone from being a plucky underdog to the big bad, all part of the package.
Definitely but not surprising due to the amount of success they've had in the last 20 years, most will not know the pain of supporting a struggling team. It was the same with us 20 odd years ago, now we've gotton used to it :(.

M18CTID

Supports
Manchester City
I'm ever so sorry United have not been absolutely inch perfect in their handling of every single thing in their history.

Taken to the cleaners, like feck. Yes, United have some sponsorships from that area which I'm not comfortable with (the 4th time now I'm saying this). But yeah, if anyone is balls deep, it's City.

Read the article: https://medium.com/@NcGeehan/the-me...coming-soon-to-a-cinema-near-you-14bc8e393e06

And I'll repeat for you a point you've very conveniently ignored: why would this respected human rights researcher do this piece on City, but not United? I mean they're so very obviously the same thing according to you and your qualified opinion on such matters. Jog on
Respected? No fecker knew who McGeehan was before that piece, not least you United fans. Now all of a sudden, you’re suddenly experts on what is going on in that part of the world. Behave ffs!

OverratedOpinion

Definitely but not surprising due to the amount of success they've had in the last 20 years, most will not know the pain of supporting a struggling team. It was the same with us 20 odd years ago, now we've gotton used to it :(.
Meh we very well might be at the start (hopefully middle/end but doubtful) of a long run as a struggling club (subjectively speaking). Winning the League year after year was better but you just learn to appreciate the good wins a lot more, little things like our away support start meaning more to you. It's weird how it isn't THAT bad.

redchamp

Respected? No fecker knew who McGeehan was before that piece, not least you United fans. Now all of a sudden, you’re suddenly experts on what is going on in that part of the world. Behave ffs!
Neatly ignoring the point, of course. Just because you don't know who he is doesn't mean I don't. Wonder how long you've been holding in that mascot sponsor story for, Christ.

M18CTID

Supports
Manchester City

Yeah, fair comment. You don’t dress yourselves up as something you’re not, unlike the bin dippers who think they’re the best and nicest club in the world.

Not sure about the plucky underdog thing though - I’m sure the whole country was pissing their sides when we got relegated to the third tier!