Front-Flip PIG
Fletcher Gill Carrick Evra
Valencia Scholes Gibson Park
Giggs
Owen

2-1
(Owenx2, Dzeko)
Giggs didn't travel..

And sorry, my mistake earlier Ronaldo VII - I completely disregarded the fact that all three teams would've been on 10 points xD

CLK_FPC

Fists of Fury
I more than interested as to who will play and make the bench, I would like to see Eikrem and Norwood tomorrow but only if the result is safe ie CSKA are clearly ahead or we have a comfortable goal margin. If they are introduced when the game is still in the balance, I dont think we will see the best any of the youngsters that have travelled have to offer

Name Changed

weso26
I have a feeling Edin Džeko will do serious damage to our makeshift defence. I'd be hoping somehow for a 0-0 just so we finish top. Not that it really matters anyway, because if you want to win the CL you have to beat the best teams anyway.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
--------------------- PIG --------------------

-- Fletch ----- Gill ---- Carrick ---- Evra ---

- Valencia --- Scholes --- Gibson --- Park -

------------- Welbeck --------- Owen -------

Cold_Boy

Is this the worst injury crisis we have had at the club in the last 5 years at least?

Number7

Ret's Slave
Just watching Fergies pre match press conference, don't think I've ever seen him so resigned to defeat, not that we'll go out onto the pitch with a lack of fight or desire.

Could be some easy money on a Wolfsburg win tbh with all of our problems. As if we're only at 5/2 with all those injuries :lol:

Ace

Is this the worst injury crisis we have had at the club in the last 5 years at least?
We had a pretty bad one no more then two or three years ago, and again it was mostly our backfield.

You can't blame it on lack of depth, due to the fact we have no less then ten defenders in our first team at the moment. Seems to be bad luck.

Addis

Beckham, in toward Schmeichel, it's come for Dwigh
Thank God we've qualified. But I'm confident that the youngsters can go and do the job, We have great fighting spirit in the face of adversity as we've shown time and time again.

Still, the injuries are just bordering on funny right now. You couldn't make this stuff up.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
We had a pretty bad one no more then two or three years ago, and again it was mostly our backfield.

You can't blame it on lack of depth, due to the fact we have no less then ten defenders in our first team at the moment. Seems to be bad luck.
This one is much worse.

The crisis in '07 (I think) just involved losing three of our first-choice back four, necessitating Heinze playing in the centre (something he had done many times before)

This time we've lost three of our first-choice back four, all four of their replacements (!) as well as most of the best defenders in our reserves. We've also lost both our first-choice strikers. It's absolutely fecking nuts.

I've been following United since the 80s and can never remember going into a high-profile game like this with such a completely devastated squad. Can anyone else?

oleonenumber20

---------------PIG*-----------------

Fletch*---Carrick*---Gill*-------Evra*

----Eikram*---Gibson*----Anderson*--

Park*----------Owen*---------Welbeck*

*=If not injured

kleberson_

------------------ PiG ---------------------
Evra - Fletcher - Carrick - Anderson
Valencia - Scholes - Gibson - Park
---------- Macheda -- Owen -----------

Hasn't Evra been played at right back atleast 1 game in his United carrer?

prateik

going in as underdogs , knowing we have qualified and almost guaranteed to see some reserve team players .. excited

worried about the villa game at the weekend :x

Girish II

SSN have already had a few cracks at it, here's their latest prediction

------------Foster-------------
Park----Fletch---Carrick---Evra
---Gibson--Scholes--Anderson--
Valencia----------------Obertan
-------------Owen-------------

nemanja15

At last some good news (via Ben Hibbs in Germany, with the team):

Rooney, Berbatov, Vidic and Brown will all be fit for the Villa game.

Which probably means: van der Sar, Fletcher, Brown, Vidic, Evra, Valencia, Carrick, Anderson, Giggs, Rooney, Berbatov, on Saturday.

As for tonight...

MUFCgal

Looks like the best possible team to go with given the circumstances, although given how well PIG has performed I'd be inclined to keep him in the starting 11.

Not good for Nani...

So, what sort of bench are we looking at

TK, Gill, Nani, Welbeck and then three from James, Eikrem, Stewart and Norwood

SecondFig

I'm guessing at:

Fletch--Carrick---Evra------Park

So same starting XI but I think we may well see Paddy playing at CB

So same starting XI but I think we may well see Paddy playing at CB
That's the impression that was given yesterday, but imagine Dzeko (1.92m) vs Evra (1.73)...That's why I'd be incredibly reluctant to play Evra at CB

heights according to wiki

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
I've been following United since the 80s and can never remember going into a high-profile game like this with such a completely devastated squad. Can anyone else?
No I cant!

In many ways its good though. It has turned what would have be a very uninteresting dead rubber game for us into a much awaited spectacle. In a strange way, I am now really looking forward to seeing just who we play and ow we cope.

As Im sure you will have noticed, the key characteristic of the last ever SAF squad vs previous squads is that all the players have versatility and must be able to play in 2 or more positions; the vast majority of our squad have several strings to their bow - tonight will prove just how versatile we are!

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan

I do like the look of this side .... but am hesitant given we gave a tough game vs Villa at te weekend and so would not want to endanger those 3 points over a relatively pointless game tonight. I really would want players like Fletcher, Anderson and Valencia to be given a rest.

If we did put out this team though, it will be breathtaking in counter attack and we would prob win something like 3-5!!!!

Decotron

That's the impression that was given yesterday, but imagine Dzeko (1.92m) vs Evra (1.73)...That's why I'd be incredibly reluctant to play Evra at CB

heights according to wiki
Over the course of 90mins I think Evra is capable of winning more headers than Gibson/Gill and maybe Fletcher against any of their forwards. His timing and actual leap means his height isnt as big an issue as those stats suggest. Plus he compliments Carrick better than any of the other contenders for the role.

DanY2J

Didnt we have massive injury problems when Villa come to Old Trafford last season in the 3-2? If i remember rightly Gary Neville played centre half against John Carew.

Its a must for the weekend that Brown, Vidic, and Rooney are fit for the weekend as that will be a really difficult game for us and Villa will fancy it.

iSparky

Likes Dags. but not as much as his Dad
i dont see this going well at all, at home maybe we could grind something out with all the injuries, away from home? im not too optimistic

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
i dont see this going well at all, at home maybe we could grind something out with all the injuries, away from home? im not too optimistic
Depends, we could go at the throat early on and simply pound them out of the game with early goals. Our finishing must be spot on tonight however as we'll leak in at least 2 goals. Could end up being a hockey score.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Depends, we could go at the throat early on and simply pound them out of the game with early goals. Our finishing must be spot on tonight however as we'll leak in at least 2 goals. Could end up being a hockey score.
Pound them with what exactly?