Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

el3mel

Our best defender by a country mile again. Feel for him for playing alongside dross like Jones or Bailly etc. Get him a proper partner please.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
If we can get him and Smalling together for the run-in, I think we’ll do great things. Lindelöf has matured massively and is in magnificent form. Credit to him, answering his critics, including myself.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Feck me he was good. Lindelof + another is our defense till the end of the season.
Lindelof plus one is our defence for the next 5 years.

I’ve been raving about this guy for ages. He’s put in big performances before and not gotten enough credit. But he’s been our best defender this season under Moaninho. And he’s been absolutely brilliant under Solskjaer. He wasn’t just class today, he was a beast.

MAME DIOUF 32

I've slagged him off many times in this thread but he was immense today and he's been consistently very good for a while. We might actually have a player here.

SirAF

Ageist
Lindelof plus one is our defence for the next 5 years.

I’ve been raving about this guy for ages. He’s put in big performances before and not gotten enough credit. But he’s been our best defender this season under Moaninho. And he’s been absolutely brilliant under Solskjaer. He wasn’t just class today, he was a beast.
:lol:

izec

Was better than Jones, brilliant at times, had one or two shaky moments where Kane? Got away with a chance

Red-17

A top class center back next to him and we should be set. Jones just doesn't have the awareness to be a top defender and it should have cost us today. I'd like to see Smalling back there with him once he's fit until we can get someone in in the summer.

RedNed77

Him + Smalling is a possible good defence. I’m looking forward to seeing Mike return. Still need some FB’s though.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
He was great. He was cool, calm and collected. The total opposite of the more experienced Jones. This game shows who needs to be shown the door in the summer.

L1nk

Absolutely fantastic today, starting to look the part that got the rave reviews for Benfica and Sweden, could actually turn out to be a bargain.

AngliaRed

Really settled, huge performance today. Some monster tackles. First choice CB now, hopefully with Bailly or Smalling.

A special mention for young Victor: I think too many were hasty in writing him off after his shaky start, and I'm glad I was one of those who wanted to give him time. David De Gea had a shaky start, but he isn't bad, and Lindelof has come on leaps and bounds this season. He's only young and Manchester United was a massive move for him, but, like De Gea did, he seems to have found the belief that he is United class, and credit to Mourinho for signing him.

For me he's much better than Smalling and Jones, both of whom I would offload, along with Rojo, and sign two new centre backs. Why did we give Smalling a bumper new contract? He's a decent defender, but Manchester United class? Not for me, as his career here demonstrates. It's obvious that the heart of the defence is our weak spot, but Lindelof looks like he could become a defensive giant at the club in the coming years.

When available, have Lindelof and Bailly as first choice and look to change the rest. Do you agree?

Magnificent today, Lindelof deserves all the credit going, overcoming his early doubts and thus demonstrating great character.

Last edited:

Minimalist

He’s a very good defender now.

Especially given his partner is that fecking clown who shall not be named.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
I'm not sure how many more times he has to put performances in akin to todays before people stop labelling him as dodgy. He's been consistently our best defender for some time now. Particularly in the first half, he showed that if we press as a team, and not sit back and pile unnecessary pressure on our defence, he's a very reliable. Get someone with presence next to him who can still control the ball and we are golden.

mu4c_20le

I was onr of his detractors but am happy to see hes finally come good. Got a little bit of crazy in him which is always good for a defender.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
If he can improve at clearing headers he'll have a chance to be one of Europe's most solid defenders in some distant future.

So far just feeling happy to have one reliable centre defender ready to help this team.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Bailly is our worst centre back for me.

Jones/Smalling and Lindelof can stay. Still need to see more from Victor. I don’t know if he is United quality.

hobbers

Given how he's having to carry the useless lump next to him Lindelof has been doing splendidly.

Bailly on the other hand is not first team United material, and never will be.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
Lindelof and Smalling will be first choice, they’re the best defenders we have, and will be rotated when we get a new one in

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
No chance he's better than Smalling right now. But he is doing well.

Was he very good today ? Spurs looked like scoring from every cross. Was that all Jones fault ?

He's doing well at the moment. Still not entirely sure how good he is as he's not physically very imposing.

Status
Not open for further replies.