Victor Lindelöf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hal9000

Linked with Newcastle two weeks ago. Apart from that, have no clue.

Skywarden

Sportbladet is an utterly depressing rag, filled with clickbait titles and generally poor journalism, regardless of having Niva and Bank - two of Sweden's most respected journos.

As for Nillson Lindelöf, he's being scouted by a lot of big clubs but I don't think he's ready for a club of United's size just yet, despite his development. He has four years left on his current contract but I'm sure Benfica will renew it to maximise profit given the attention he has received recently.

Eila

He's been playing with the main team for like 3 months. Then again Renato Sanches also only had one season and went for 35-80 million. The market is dumb.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Oh good, another Benfica player we're linked with.

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
He was great in the U21 EURO's. He was playing right-back, though. Haven't watched him at Benfica but i can't imagine he's ready to make the step up to Utd yet.

paulscholes18

20 mil for someone who's only started 14 league games this season is a lot.

He's in Sweden's 23 man squad, so be keeping a keen eye on him them

Zoo

Whenever I've watched Benfica he has been really good.

Ballache

Supports
Martial
He's a good ball-playing CB. However I'm not sure he's ready for United. Aftonbladet is a shit newspaper so wouldn't pay too much attention to it.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
He looks to have great potential and also seems to be a intimidating figure which we lack.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
He has been a real surprise this year. Just in January, Boro almost got his loan but in the last minute, Lindelof rejected them and stayed at Benfica. Then Lisandro Lopez got injured and along with Luisão's long term injury, he finally got a chance after spending 90% of the time at Benfica's B team. He has been very good, specially in the Champions League. He had a very good understanding with Jardel and they formed a solid partnership. He's strong in the aerial game, got reasonable technic and is a decent man marker. The thing is i don't really believe this report. Luisão is nearing the end of his career, Jardel is being strongly linked with Lazio and their director of football is at Lisbon atm negotiating with Benfica and that leaves only Lindelof and Lisandro Lopez left. I think he will stay another year and try to prove his performances after January aren't a fluke. Having a full year campaign will help him evolve. He's young and will have more chances to move.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
All a smokescreen for Gaitan, any day now.
For the third year running, Record did an end of season article that Gaitán will leave at the end of the season :D This time Atlético are the victims and not United. For the third year it's absolutely his last year at Benfica. So i expect to see him back in July :lol:

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
For the third year running, Record did an end of season article that Gaitán will leave at the end of the season :D This time Atlético are the victims and not United. For the third year it's absolutely his last year at Benfica. So i expect to see him back in July :lol:
What you make of Lindelof and what has been said about Sanches, did he choose Bayern over United or did United nix the deal?

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
What you make of Lindelof and what has been said about Sanches, did he choose Bayern over United or did United nix the deal?
What i make of Lindelof is two posts behind. I think he is a solid player and will eventually move to a bigger club. I just think it won't be this year. His nickname at Benfica is "Iceman". He rarely loses his composure and is a reliable center back. He can play as RB as well but his best performances come in the center of the defence.

From what i read in the portuguese media, Benfica and Mendes gave a chance to United match Bayern's offer but United chose not to. So in my opinion he didn't choose Bayern over United. Your club just didn't to make any deal at that value.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
What i make of Lindelof is two posts behind. I think he is a solid player and will eventually move to a bigger club. I just think it won't be this year. His nickname at Benfica is "Iceman". He rarely loses his composure and is a reliable center back. He can play as RB as well but his best performances come in the center of the defence.

From what i read in the portuguese media, Benfica and Mendes gave a chance to United match Bayern's offer but United chose not to. So in my opinion he didn't choose Bayern over United. Your club just didn't to make any deal at that value.
just read back, thanks lad.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Would rather Aleksandar Dragovic tbh
Dragovic is certainly more proven but i think Lindelof has the potencial to become a better player. And this comes from a Sporting fan.

Bogga

That video was kind of awkward... didn't really show anything and looked like some video from your local pub team

Sportbladet is an utterly depressing rag, filled with clickbait titles and generally poor journalism, regardless of having Niva and Bank - two of Sweden's most respected journos.

As for Nillson Lindelöf, he's being scouted by a lot of big clubs but I don't think he's ready for a club of United's size just yet, despite his development. He has four years left on his current contract but I'm sure Benfica will renew it to maximise profit given the attention he has received recently.
Bank and Niva, respected because they have fair and actually quite spot on opinions and thoughts. But they know as much as I do...
Aftonbladet is a junk tabloid which just as you say is filled with clickbait titles which is of no real interest in the end

van Persie

he only became a starter in Benfica in January or something but from what I've seen and read he's been really good in both the league and Champions League and is only 21 years old. Wouldn't mind

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
He's decent but I don't think he's particularly an upgrade on even Rojo. New Philippe Senderos.

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
Was talking with my brother and he told me that Lewandowski said that Benfica's centrebacks were amongst the toughest he's faced this year (Lindelöf included ofc). Maybe we should get Jardel as well :)

Last edited:

Red Stone

20 quid? That's the most expensive Swede we've been linked with this year.

Successful

Owes the Caf £25 (With interests)
Swedish Aftonbladet :lol:

Just to explain to people how serious these people are. Their work consist of using google translate on english newspaper articles - they have been caught doing so several times.

They don't have any sort of reporters or anything, just a bunch of left wing people moaning about homosexuality, integration and trying to convince everyone in the country there is no such thing as swedish tradition or language. We're just living in a big blur where everything we ever knew was a lie.

The sports is the best though. They sit 24/7 collecting tweets, rumors and such things and post it. They even used Redcafe as a source once :houllier:

I can tell you this. The only reason this rumor is written is because it's a swedish player and you can connect him to a big club. He will be a mid-table player for some german club in a few years, have a go in some SHIT english club like Fulham, Newcastle, Sunderland and then move to Denmark when it won't work out. It's the usual story.

Skills

Snitch
We can all chip in a few pennies if it's 20 quid. The cafs own player

Ballache

Supports
Martial
Swedish Aftonbladet :lol:

Just to explain to people how serious these people are. Their work consist of using google translate on english newspaper articles - they have been caught doing so several times.

They don't have any sort of reporters or anything, just a bunch of left wing people moaning about homosexuality, integration and trying to convince everyone in the country there is no such thing as swedish tradition or language. We're just living in a big blur where everything we ever knew was a lie.

The sports is the best though. They sit 24/7 collecting tweets, rumors and such things and post it. They even used Redcafe as a source once :houllier:

I can tell you this. The only reason this rumor is written is because it's a swedish player and you can connect him to a big club. He will be a mid-table player for some german club in a few years, have a go in some SHIT english club like Fulham, Newcastle, Sunderland and then move to Denmark when it won't work out. It's the usual story.
:lol: it is a very familiar story with Swedish players

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
Are we like Benfica's advertising tool? Link him to Manchester United, I'm sure that will work.

Status
Not open for further replies.