Victor Lindelöf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loublaze

ATLien
Good. Get rid of Smalling, he can't even control a bloody football. Jones/Rojo have done well lately but wouldn't miss either if a decent offer came in.

I think in the summer we will get rid of one of Jones/Smalling.
I think you and few others on this forum will be sad when Smalling is still lining up for United after the summer transfer window shuts

Bwuk

I think you and few others on this forum will be sad when Smalling is still lining up for United after the summer transfer window shuts
Zero chance. Bailly is ahead of him, we are signing this Lindeloff and no doubt we will go for another in the summer.

Loublaze

ATLien
Zero chance. Bailly is ahead of him, we are signing this Lindeloff and no doubt we will go for another in the summer.
Zero chance? Lol you must know Mourinho's plans! The best defender at United is going nowhere. Matter of fact he's coming back for his starting burth shortly. I will say I told you so. Its going to happen. Mourinho threw him right back in the match day squad first chance since back from injury. Doesn't sound like a player on the way out like Schniederlin. Bailly is not ahead of him. They are side by side, Mourinhos first choice at the back before they both got injured. Smalling was captaining United too

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
The ones trying to shoehorn him in at RB are just worried that Smalling is gonna get flogged. Lindelof can play on the left side of the defensive partnership, untill we get him only Rojo is comfortable there. That will mean we have 2 for each CB slot and one surplus.
I cant care less about Smalling, crocky or the Argentinian bambi on ice but even I would be surprised if Smalling is sold. Inches, big frame and all.

I can see Mourinho watching a random TV series. In it a compelled friendly giant is forced to hold the door against a pack of zombies trying to make their way in as this simpleton is being ripped to pieces. Mou grins and says....that's my Smalling.

Hahao

Freaking Borrussia. Where the hell they find those players. They actually managed to get an American that is an excellent player.
We should make them our feeder club. Its unbelieveable how gold they are at getting young talent.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
I cant care less about Smalling, crocky or the Argentinian bambi on ice but even I would be surprised if Smalling is sold. Inches, big frame and all.

I can see Mourinho watching a random TV series. In it a compelled friendly giant is forced to hold the door against a pack of zombies trying to make their way in as this simpleton is being ripped to pieces. Mou grins and says....that's my Smalling.
:lol:

Devil may care

:lol: I just think his weakness on the ball and passive nature might be what sees him go, I reckon his struggles to play as the LCB with Bailly will have hurt him.

Can't be surprised, we have become Shoehorn FC ii recent years. We'd even shoehorn a GK is given the opportunity.
That's true, but I am hoping that under Jose that will mostly be a thing of the past, I mean I don't count Valencia as out of position these days but some would argue Rashford is but to me Jose is just doing what Fergie did with Welbeck IMO..

The United

It is interesting that jose is looking for defenders who can play a bit out of the back as most top teams atm.

I think it is very important to have good footballers in every positions to add little things to take advantage of when the quality of teams are similar.

He tried to sign stones before as far as I remember.

Sparky Rhiwabon

It is interesting that jose is looking for defenders who can play a bit out of the back as most top teams atm.

I think it is very important to have good footballers in every positions to add little things to take advantage of when the quality of teams are similar.

He tried to sign stones before as far as I remember.
The game has changed with regards to goalkeepers and centre backs and we need to start embracing it. Rio would have been worth even more in today's game.

Camilo

I think people massively underrate Jones and Smalling - two players who learnt from Rio and Vidic, and were coached by SAF. Sure, there have been injury problems and plenty of mistakes, but that's par for the course with defenders - it just happens.

Bailly has been here 5 minutes and has proven nothing yet. Lindelöf has also proved nothing. They both may turn out great,
they both might be shite. The only thing we know for certain is that Jones and Smalling are very good defenders, and assuming that two new young defenders will automatically take the starting spots is a little "grass is always greener on YouTube", imo.

mufcwarm92

I think people massively underrate Jones and Smalling - two players who learnt from Rio and Vidic, and were coached by SAF. Sure, there have been injury problems and plenty of mistakes, but that's par for the course with defenders - it just happens.

Bailly has been here 5 minutes and has proven nothing yet. Lindelöf has also proved nothing. They both may turn out great,
they both might be shite. The only thing we know for certain is that Jones and Smalling are very good defenders, and assuming that two new young defenders will automatically take the starting spots is a little "grass is always greener on YouTube", imo.
I agree.

Jones and Smalling were both seen as the next big thing at one stage. Both have had their dips in form and injuries but both have come out of the other side and proven their quality. Bailly and Lindelof both look to have real promise but both will have difficult times ahead of them, as with any young defender thrust into this sort of stage.

For me, when Smalling proves his fitness he should get his place back ahead of Rojo. There's no doubt Rojo's form has been solid but we'd all be singing a different tune if he'd rightly been sent off for either of his brainless lunges. He's proven he's good enough to remain at the club but he should never be elevated above a backup capacity for me. Bailly and Lindelof will get their chances and may well end up better players but they will need to earn their place in the side ahead of two lads that have been there, done that and come out of the other side.

Redo91

I agree.

Jones and Smalling were both seen as the next big thing at one stage. Both have had their dips in form and injuries but both have come out of the other side and proven their quality. Bailly and Lindelof both look to have real promise but both will have difficult times ahead of them, as with any young defender thrust into this sort of stage.

For me, when Smalling proves his fitness he should get his place back ahead of Rojo. There's no doubt Rojo's form has been solid but we'd all be singing a different tune if he'd rightly been sent off for either of his brainless lunges. He's proven he's good enough to remain at the club but he should never be elevated above a backup capacity for me. Bailly and Lindelof will get their chances and may well end up better players but they will need to earn their place in the side ahead of two lads that have been there, done that and come out of the other side.
When has Jones ever done that?!

Ekeke

Good post. Some players seem to get an enhanced reputation when they are injured and not playing, Jones and Smalling get called useless here instead.

They are not perfect, but they have now both shown themselves to be good CBs who deserve to be at the club.

Bailly has raw qualities that could make him a top CB, Lindelof may have the same at least with the passing side of the game... But neither have shown it yet

The United

Good post. Some players seem to get an enhanced reputation when they are injured and not playing, Jones and Smalling get called useless here instead.

They are not perfect, but they have now both shown themselves to be good CBs who deserve to be at the club.

Bailly has raw qualities that could make him a top CB, Lindelof may have the same at least with the passing side of the game... But neither have shown it yet
Smalling is good enough to be at the club but it does not mean we can't improve on his position though especially with the passing side. Jones is a very decent defender but the reason people write them off is because of their injuries record.

Bailly and lindelof might not shown that they deserve to be at the club because one is here for 6 months and the other may not even be here. So you can't use that argument yet.

Not that I am in for lindelof since I have no idea how he is like. Also I would rather our manager make good/better use of our current players than just spend the hell out of it in general.

Ekeke

Smalling is good enough to be at the club but it does not mean we can't improve on his position though especially with the passing side. Jones is a very decent defender but the reason people write them off is because of their injuries record.

Bailly and lindelof might not shown that they deserve to be at the club because one is here for 6 months and the other may not even be here. So you can't use that argument yet.

Not that I am in for lindelof since I have no idea how he is like. Also I would rather our manager make good/better use of our current players than just spend the hell out of it in general.
I wasnt saying they havent shown they deserve to be here. I'm saying they may have the potential to be top CBs (beyond Smalling and Jones) but they havent proven that yet, even if they have some raw standout abilities.

surf

:lol: I just think his weakness on the ball and passive nature might be what sees him go, I reckon his struggles to play as the LCB with Bailly will have hurt him.

That's true, but I am hoping that under Jose that will mostly be a thing of the past, I mean I don't count Valencia as out of position these days but some would argue Rashford is but to me Jose is just doing what Fergie did with Welbeck IMO..
Smalling was not playing passively during his best form last season. He was proactive and dominating strikers. He's got the physical attributes to do this and I would expect him to do so again once he gets back in the side. Bailly is quite similar in those respects.

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
Why is everyone so certain that we are signing him? What have I missed? Would have thought that we'd go after a full back or a Carrick replacement before we sign a center back.
The post I read about him signing a kid's United shirt seems to be the one that has people convinced.

prath92

Why is everyone so certain that we are signing him? What have I missed? Would have thought that we'd go after a full back or a Carrick replacement before we sign a center back.
His coach and fellow teammates talk as if he is already gone. Some of his former teammates claim deal is done. Reading all this together, I think it's done.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
The main reason most people expect it to be Smalling to move on is the fact he can't play out from the back at all. Watch his body shape when he passes the ball it's some of the worst technique I've ever seen.

I'd rate him playing next to this Lindelof if he is decent at playing out but next to Bailly on the wrong side was always going to cause him problems.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United

I think that Mou has been thinking quite a lot on whether he adds a temporary fix Fonte style or else go for a more permanent option. He chose the latter which is fair enough considering none of the current gentlemen was able to consolidate his position as a first teamer and they had plenty of time to do so. I don't think anyone will leave till at least summer. However its true that things will get complicated for them with Lindelof around especially if the Swede is able to shrug off opposition as quickly as Bailly did

IMakeThingsUp

Swedish newspapers are reporting today that the deal may be delayed due to Benficas dispute with Vigges old club Västerås. The dispute is to be settled by FIFA before january 10th.

pacifictheme

You're making it sound like he's doing on a consistent basis though. All he's done is managed to string a few good performances together. Any player can have a good run of games over a short period of time.
See; Rojo.

Fracture90

Seriously? No, not unless you've decided to change the definition of what 'couple' means. Try Google, it's a big source of info, why don't you find me an instance where 'couple' means ten, good luck! Anything to get yourself out of this hole you've dug yourself though right?

Do you need a bigger shovel?
This is brilliant, the fact that you're completely ignoring what i actually said in order to save some dignity.

Go back and read again, but this time pay a bit more attention.

This is getting sad tbh.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
This is brilliant, the fact that you're completely ignoring what i actually said in order to save some dignity.

Go back and read again, but this time pay a bit more attention.

This is getting sad tbh.
You asked what the difference was between a couple and ten. Need I say more? :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.