Victor Mugabe Wanyama

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robbie Boy

Was vey good for Celtic last season.

I just don't see any truth in this story. My bet is - it is his agent trying to get his name out there. Weren't we linked with Jelavic quite frequently before he moved to Everton? Same story here, is my guess.

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
Plus his brother Robert is a prick

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
Barely stands out in the SPL, never mind against better opposition. Suspect it's agent-driven nonsense.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Not the point, search for threads before opening new ones.
That thread was in the football forum. I didn't open this to discuss him but to discuss rumours we're interested in him.

ciderman9000000

He's a quality player tbh, I'm baffled as to why you're all so quick to underrate him. He's 21 years old and is already a fecking beast; if any prem side manages to pick him up for around £7m-£10m then it'll be the bargain of the season no doubt about it. Considering the hype around Javier Martinez, which borders on the fecking ridiculous at times, it's crazy that a player of Wanyama's obvious quality manages to just slip under the radar on here; I know playing for Celic isn't quite as glamorous as playing for a team in La Liga, and him hailing from Kenya ain't quite as titillating as if he were born a Spaniard, but feck me, if you can't see the talent this kid has got you might as well just quit watching fecking football.

Baxter

Celtic v Aberdeen on SS2, if you want to watch him. Hopefully he'll be turned inside out. :devil:

Redrage

I'd take him in a snap, he's the kind of player we need in the midfield and not Moura

Robbie Boy

Man of the match today. Started at centre back, before being moved to midfield. Was a colossus.

Ringo 07

Sun claiming were after him. I guess they felt it would be fair to give Strootman and Fellaini a break from speculation for a day or two anyways. In all fairness though this bloke looks very impressive. Seems to pass well, tackle well and score goals too. At worst he would be a valuable squad player here. I get a feeling though that Fergie has high hopes for Tunnicliffe and may not sign anyone that might block his progess. Would prefer to see a new midfield face in January though to give us a lift
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/manchester-united-transfer-news-victor-1362988

Kenya feel the force? United eye up Celtic midfield hardman Wanyama

Manchester are weighing up a January move for Celtic midfielder Victor Wanyama.

Sir Alex Ferguson's brother Martin - who works as one of United's team of scouts - has watched Wanyama several times this season.

United are in the market for a defensive midfielder and Kenya international Wanyama is one of the names on their radar following his impressive form north of the border.

The 21-year-old joined Celtic for £900,000 from Belgian side Beerscho AC in July 2011 and has emerged as a key member of Neil Lennon's side.

Martin Ferguson has watched him in Celtic's Champions League games this season, to assess his merits against stronger opposition than he meets in the Scottish Premier League.

Celtic would want around £10million for their midfield enforcer, who can also play in defence, but United feel they could land him for around £7m.

Wanyama is a robust, tough-tackling midfielder in the style of Newcastle's Cheick Tiote, who United have also been monitoring.

Lynk

Obsessed with discrediting Danny Welbeck
A midfielder? No chance.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I guess tunnicliffe would look like roy keane in his prime in the scottish league

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
David McDonnell is usually reliable in the news related to us.

Devilton

A defensive midfielder?

A man known as the Monster?

For us?

Never gonna happen. Clearly what we need is more strikers.

Forevergiggs

A scout went to watch a player!! :drool:Really!! That's huge news.

If we signed every player that the scouts watch we would have 102448382 players in our squad right now.

If Fletcher can continue his comeback trail, why would we need another midfielder with defensive attributes?

dev1l

Footballing issues aside, I think we could be looking for an African player in the team as at the moment there aren't any in the first team squad. So there might be some truth in this rumour

Vooon

Hal Institute for Criminally Insane Robots
A defensive midfielder?

A man known as the Monster?

For us?

Never gonna happen. Clearly what we need is more strikers.
Agree, not enough cover up front at the moment, I heard SAF is considering bringing Ole back from retirement after the Norwegian season ends.

Regardless of the level of this guy we simply have to sign a player with Mugabe as his middle name.

CLK_FPC

Fists of Fury
Apparently prefers to play in a blood diamond formation :nervous:
Blood diamonds? In Zimbabwe? Geography isn't for you my friend.

Haven't seen enough of Wanyama but I agree with Cider, seems he isn't glamorous enough being from Kenya and all that.

We need some bite in the middle and if he can provide it I wouldn't care if he was from Mongolia

Status
Not open for further replies.