Victor Osimhen

Red the Bear

Something less generic
The best thing about this thread is the contrast in the descriptions of the player. Don’t think I’ve ever seen such disparity, even from post to post, let alone page to page.
In what manner?

To be fair i think it's natural that most are not familiar with him, few see any any serie a games and even fewer Napoli.

Him showcasing his talents in the Champions League has done much to raise his profile.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
The best thing about this thread is the contrast in the descriptions of the player. Don’t think I’ve ever seen such disparity, even from post to post, let alone page to page.
It's easier just to describe him: rapid, strong, 6ft+, aggressive, excellent movement, one of the best aerial threats around, uses his body and physicality extremely well, has the ability to gets chances at an excellent rate, gets nearly all his chances inside the box, excellent defensive workrate, finishes to par, definitely not a silky player or someone who'll be particularly involved in general play.

These graphs help underline the type of player he is too. Where he receives the ball:

Where he gets his chances/goals.

In other words what you'll get is a classic CF who spends the game in central positions, either trying to use his pace to run in behind the last line of defence or (when the defence is deep) being a dangerous target in the box (most headed goals in the top five leagues last season).

Who you think that most closely resembles is up to you.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fortitude

Rolaholic

His intensity when it comes to work rate is one of his most welcomed attributes. Even up 5-1 he was still giving it his all and fiery/argumentative with the opposition and ref, basically doing the furthest from relaxing :lol:

Type of striker that'll happily run their socks off for 90 minutes, not just mindlesly either. Always in good positons to be effective in attack. He presses harder than just about any striker in the same bracket right now

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
In what manner?

To be fair i think it's natural that most are not familiar with him, few see any any serie a games and even fewer Napoli.

Him showcasing his talents in the Champions League has done much to raise his profile.
One person will say he can do X, Y and Z and then the other will say the total opposite, sometimes a post or two apart. It's a running theme throughout the thread.

Anyone trying to conclude on the type of player he is, will be totally lost following the overview given in this thread because the contrasts are huge.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
It's easier just to describe him: rapid, strong, 6ft+, aggressive, excellent movement, one of the best aerial threats around, uses his body and physicality extremely well, has the ability to gets chances at an excellent rate, gets nearly all his chances inside the box, excellent defensive workrate, finishes to par, definitely not a silky player or someone who'll be particularly involved in general play.

These graphs help underline the type of player he is too. Where he receives the ball:

Where he gets his chances/goals.

In other words what you'll get is a classic CF who spends the game in central positions, either trying to use his pace to run in behind the last line of defence or (when the defence is deep) being a dangerous target in the box (most headed goals in the top five leagues last season).

Who you think that most closely resembles is up to you.
He's winning me over, tbh. Like the look of him the more I watch, and he'd be a nightmare in our team on and off the ball.

Bojan Djordjic

It's nowhere near bad. It can be unpredictable at times but he is not a liability at all as I have stressed many times on this thread. His link up play is pretty decent, though he doesn't actually get involved a lot in build up.
Another thing with Osimhen, he seems very good at generating shots compared to Lukaku who was good in transition situations. Osimhen generates roughly double the shots per game that Lukaku does. He's definitely awkward and not an RVP style forward but he's very effective and one of the top strikers in Europe right now.

avgp_1

Another thing with Osimhen, he seems very good at generating shots compared to Lukaku who was good in transition situations. Osimhen generates roughly double the shots per game that Lukaku does. He's definitely awkward and not an RVP style forward but he's very effective and one of the top strikers in Europe right now.
It his movement. You look at the movement for the headed goal today or against Udine you see how easily he just peels off. Even coming from the channel he knocks it past CBs to create a shooting opportunity from the angle

SAFMUTD

Such a shame he's playing at Napoli. They don't sell cheap, would rather keep him and let him rot. Knowing how they operate they will ask for not less than 150M.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Wouldnt surprise me if its the 100m mark. Napoli aren't the type of team to put realistic price tags on players!
Given the prices the likes of Nunez, Antony and now Mudryk went for, at least that I'd think.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
If he were just a little bit more of a footballer I’d be completely sold on him. As it stands, I wouldn’t say no, but I would have reservations. He could be amazing, or his limited footballing could potentially hamper his progress.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Napoli want over £100m for him. They don’t sell unless it's daft money. Koulibaly couldn't get out until now.
With current prices £100m would be more than fair I think.

AndySmith1990

Don't think it's wise to blow £100m on platers anymore, not unless they're a young Mbappe level talent. Such big transfers fail more often than not

SAFMUTD

He's my first choice for sure by some distance too. I doubt we'll be able to afford him though.
With how much we paid for Antony and how much Chelsea paid for Mudryk. I don't think anyone will be willing to pay what Napoli will as for.

They always price out their players, like Higuain for 90M to Juve back in 2016. Or how they always asked 80M for Koulibally until he turned shit or old.

I'm guessing they'll ask no less than 140-150M for Osimhen.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Let's all remember that Morata and Lukaku looked good in the Italian league so let's not get carried away
Morata? With his goal scoring exploits of 8, 7, 11 and 9? He had similar stats at Chelsea!

Trex

I've followed him since his u17 days for the golden eaglets.....Strong, Tall, quick, very aggressive, can run for days, a bit temperamental like Bruno, he would bully center backs, you'll earn your wage playing against him. He wouldn't get involved in the build up like an inform Martial but he'll pull defenders away creating spaces for other players. His touch isn't bad like a Lukaku but he isn't Berbatov either he's somewhere in between. In a dominant United side team he'll score goals
As a Nigerian i'll love to see him at United especially under ETH.

Red Star One

Dream signing but it will take huge money. Napoli knows how much English teams pay for guys like Darwin and Mudryk coming from average/bad leagues and Osimhen is twice the player with triple the achievements.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
That's pretty much our current entire budget. The risk isn't worth it, especially if he has a patch like Nunez when he joins.
I agree it’s a lot, but sometimes that final piece is worth every penny. Having Osimhen and Rashford scaring the life out of defences would naturally earn us 10 yards on the pitch.

The fact he’s actually a great finisher and good in the air means he’s not just a pace merchant either.

we seem quite well set on the wings, our fullbacks are decent, centre back is fine.

I’d probably buy a partner for Casemiro (enzo) and osimhen, then win the treble.

crossy1686

career ending
I agree it’s a lot, but sometimes that final piece is worth every penny. Having Osimhen and Rashford scaring the life out of defences would naturally earn us 10 yards on the pitch.

The fact he’s actually a great finisher and good in the air means he’s not just a pace merchant either.

we seem quite well set on the wings, our fullbacks are decent, centre back is fine.

I’d probably buy a partner for Casemiro (enzo) and osimhen, then win the treble.
Buying a 'missing piece' rarely works though. Those players usually look great where they are because they've had years to integrate and become part of a well functioning team, not thrown into a new team and expected to hit the ground running.

As I've said previously, I'd like us to do a raid on South America, see what we can unearth there, bed the lads in over a few seasons and and actually show some forward thinking past next season.

The best and most organised teams buy players that will nailed on starters in 24 months after rigorous coaching and time to integrate. When you splash £100m and daft wages the transfer has to work right away, very little patience is afforded.

Sparky Rhiwabon

I think he would be our best bet for a striker signing. Definitely one for post takeover though cos it would probably take a UK transfer record to land.

bosskeano

He's the best striker out there that is possibly available to purchase in the summer....we have the strong spine now with Casemiro, Bruno, Varane, Martinez/Shaw(?) but just missing that CF

Silas

Find it hard to justify splashing big bucks on anyone that isn’t technically amazing. Would rather we didn’t sign players with clear weaknesses, even if their other abilities seem to make it ‘worth it’. Just asking for potential frustration in the future, ala AWB, Lukaku, Maguire (with pace as opposed to technique), etc. Striker market isn’t bustling at the moment though, I’ll admit.

Rolaholic

Not sure where the narrative that he isn't technically strong comes from, it's become overstated.

He's only gotten better all-around each season ever since getting his first senior opportunity in Ligue 1.

Simply because he doesn't have the silky first touch of an Iniesta doesn't mean that he's not a tremendously skilled player.

He's better technically than another top Serie A CF talent that the Cafe adores in Vlahovic and he also involves himself more with everything going around him when it comes to link up play and consistently engaging defenders on and off the ball.

His deficiencies are absolutely nothing that a top coach cannot clean up and improve. His work rate/attitude, instincts, PNP, off ball movement on the other hand aren't things that can be coached/learned.

Valencia Shin Crosses

If he were just a little bit more of a footballer I’d be completely sold on him. As it stands, I wouldn’t say no, but I would have reservations. He could be amazing, or his limited footballing could potentially hamper his progress.
Agreed, but I do think he's improved his link up play to acceptable standards and I think he's probably the biggest aerial threat in football currently which is a huge bonus for a player that's not going to wow you with technicality.

I'd be excited but a bit nervous, but I think he's probably the overall best option out there as far as "big names" go for strikers.